“Food and more food”
Review of The Black Swan

The Black Swan
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Jackfield
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a friendly run family pub. Where a warm welcome awaits you every time. You can sit outside on the patio or sit over looking the river Severn . Enjoying a nice ice cold drink or have a meal, looking out for the kingfishers or the otters. In the winter, you can enjoy a meal inside feeling the warmth of our log burner. Or just enjoy a drink. Soaking up the friendly atmosphere. Sit at the bar and have a nice chat with our friendly locals. We are a dog friendly pub. There are water bowls outside, for our four legged friends. We also serve a variety of teas, coffees, lattes, fruit teas, hot chocolate etc. There is a special board, which is changed throughout the year. With a large selection of vegetarian options.
Preston, United Kingdom
“Food and more food”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Don't eat here if you're on a diet!!! Food was excellent and the portions could have been reduced by a third and still would have been generous.

The beer garden overlooks the Servern - a perfect place to spend and evening. If you're staying in the Jackfield area, I would highly recommend this pub.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank JacquiCH

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Absolutely wonderful in July”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

A group of eight of us were staying locally on our annual reunion & used the Black Swan as a base for the four days we were in Jackfield. All of us have been known to like a drop and we were not disappointed - the Hobson's Twisted Spire & Town Crier particularly went down a treat. We were made to feel at home by the landlord, landlady, their staff & customers. We only had the odd meal here after walking trips but the food was fresh and satisfying. This is what pubs used to be like but sadly seldom are now. All four couples come from all points of the country and were unanimous in their praise.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Dave S
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lunch at The Black Swan”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Feeling hungry whilst visiting Jackfield,we decided to call in at the Black Swan.Glad we did.We all had cod,chips and mushy peas which arrived with a side salad.The portions filled the plate to overflowing.I have a large appetite but left the Black Swan feeling well stuffed.My wife said the batter on the cod was the best she had expierenced in a long time.The pub was found to be very clean and the staff welcoming.A great lunch had by my family.

June,Clive and Andrew T. Thursday 3rd July 2014

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Clive T
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Nothing special”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Went for lunch with some friends. Menu was nothing special. Thought it was a bit pricey for what it was. Portions not very big. Wouldn't go again as there are much nicer places to eat with better food in surrounding area.

• Visited May 2014
Telford, United Kingdom
“Not freshly battered Cod - its frozen battered fish.”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I used to the love the food here especially the hand battered cod and chips. We went back yesterday evening. I ordered my freshly battered cod again ( I did ask is it cod - yes I was told). I got my meal which was well presented with chips mushy peas and a nice salad - BUT - The fish was not freshly battered and definitely out of the freezer. I didnt ask if it was freshly battered as it said it was on the menu. It may have been cod at one time....
There is not much choice now on the menu for main meals, which is fine as long as the choice you get represents what is served.
My colleague had a beef or steak pie and expected home-made??? But.....
Come on Mucky Duck management - you got the best location and views in Ironbridge but we have all got to pass a lot better food pubs now to get to you.

• Visited June 2014