“Lovely Lunches and Dinners”
Review of The Black Swan

The Black Swan
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Jackfield
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a friendly run family pub. Where a warm welcome awaits you every time. You can sit outside on the patio or sit over looking the river Severn . Enjoying a nice ice cold drink or have a meal, looking out for the kingfishers or the otters. In the winter, you can enjoy a meal inside feeling the warmth of our log burner. Or just enjoy a drink. Soaking up the friendly atmosphere. Sit at the bar and have a nice chat with our friendly locals. We are a dog friendly pub. There are water bowls outside, for our four legged friends. We also serve a variety of teas, coffees, lattes, fruit teas, hot chocolate etc. There is a special board, which is changed throughout the year. With a large selection of vegetarian options.
Reviewed December 7, 2012

You always forget to review the places closest to you! The Black Swan is our local pub and serves a great range of food. Proper pub food - wholesome, well cooked and beautifully served. Especially recommended are Deb's Pie and (wonderful) mash and the fish and chips.

Great beers well kept and a cosy environment makes for a lovely visit for all.

2  Thank SevernTrow

Reviewed October 16, 2012

A couple of weekends ago we decided to walk from our ironbridge hotel to the Blist museum and take in a few others on the way back. We hadn't quite taken into account the distances involved! So stumbling across the Black Swan on our way back was like finding an oasis. We took a well deserved (longish) break over a bottle of wine in their garden overlooking the Severn, enjoying the late afternoon October sunshine. I can't comment on the food, but the ambience inside seemed good, the views were excellent and the wine was very palatable! The walk back to Ironbridge seemed to go quite quickly after that!

3  Thank Andy-S60
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Ate hear whilst spending the night at the excellent Calcutts House, just up the road. Friendly enough pub, bar staff helpful and attentive and range of ales and ciders very good.
Menu had a decent enough choice and there were daily specials on the board.
The food was decent pub food. We both had the steak and accompaniments including sauces (both good and tasty), chips hot and crunchy, salad fresh with an understated French dressing. My steak was beautiful; cooked the way I wanted it cooked, tender and tasty. However, my partner got a bad deal with his piece of steak; cooked the way he wanted it but with a huge 2" piece of gristle running the whole length. We were asked if everything was OK but when the offending gristle was pointed out, the young waitress, just shrugged her shoulders, smiled and walked away! Now I remember why I don't often answer such a question in the negative; because they don't tend to do anything about it! Never mind. Partner's sweet of fudge surprise was apparently delicious.
I should imagine that summer evenings here, sat on the terrace overlooking the gorge would be delightful.

1  Thank Taxwizzard
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Ate here recently and found it very average, food was OK but very standard pub grub. I'm sure during the summer when it's possible to sit outside the views more than make up for the food.

1  Thank JoMAk981
Reviewed September 24, 2012

As during previous years, I stayed at the nearby Calcutts House B&B guesthouse. For my evening meals, I took a very short walk to the Black Swan. Suffice to say that the evening meal was as an enjoyable part of my holiday as any other. The food is excellent and the staff were all very friendly and helpful.

2  Thank Martin_Evans_65