TripAdvisor
Search

“Delicious”

Hotel-Restaurant Fottinger
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was there just for the weekend. It's a nice place with a great view over the lake. The menu sounds good and it was not easy to choose something. I found something and was so happy. It was delicious. We shared a Kaiserschmarren at the end. WOW! Fresh prepared and wow!!!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (38)

Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

Strolled in looking for breakfast and were rewarded with a great selection: cook your own eggs with a timer, make your own fresh juice, rolls and bread, salmon, fruit, cereal selection with lots of different add-ons. Coffee included (machine but good coffee). 15€ p.P. well worth it. Definitely worth the calories which you can swim off in the Attersee afterwards.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed January 25, 2019

We arrived in Kaisigen, Austria late at night after driving from Prague, CZ. We were all hungry and looking for a place to get dinner. We were staying at an AirBnb and asked the host for recommendations. She told us about a local restaurant that was right around the corner, but when we pulled up we were told that the kitchen had just closed and that they unfortunately were no longer taking guests. So we hopped back in our car and drove down the main street just looking for any restaurant with its lights on. We came upon Föttinger and decided to stop. We walked in and asked the waiter if they were still serving dinner and he told us to wait a second while he confirmed with the kitchen. He came back and said "yes" that it would be okay if we sat down and ordered food. Even with most of the chairs flipped up on the tables and us being some of the only patrons in the restaurant they still chose to serve us and we were so grateful.

The meal was a whole other experience. My friend and I ordered the lamb stew and my wife and her friend ordered the veal with buttered rice and vegetables. We also ordered pints of the local beer called Stiegl Weisse. The lamb stew came out and I must attest, this is some of the best lamb I have ever had. It was so juicy and tender and just fell apart in your mouth. My the veal was very tender as well and the buttered rice complimented very well. The beers were delicious and a great way to end our long day of driving.

This place would have gotten a five star review from me just for the flavors in the lamb stew alone, but because of the hospitality they showed us I can not recommend this place enough. Please if you ever find yourself vacationing in the gorgeous area of Lake Attersee please do yourself a favor and pay this place a visit.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 11, 2017

went there because of taking friend to see Mahler's summer resident. we ordered pan fried trout which suppose to be really fresh when you are eating in a restaurant nearby a huge lake. but it was very disappointed. it would be great if they could serve high quality food which deserves their magnificent surroundings.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

I ended up breaking my arm on a cycle trip in Austria. I asked the hotel for a taxi to the doctor. The response from the "boss" was that we were annoying her and that she works 12 hours a day seven days a week and you are one of 1hundred guests that we have and we do not have time to handle you. She also informed me that the arm is not broken or otherwise I would be in much more pain and therefore she was not too much in a hurry to help. She indicated if I was truly in that much pain I should take it an ambulance and not bother her.

The room we stayed in was lovely except they could not find the key to the room so we ended up having to shove shoes under the door and put luggage in front of the door to ensure that nobody came in.

Date of visit: August 2017