Just returned from a week at The Panorama Hideaway. We had a great week in Dassia. The hotel is set in a beautiful location on the hillside just 10 minutes walk from the main road in Dassia. The hill was a tough climb but by the end of the week, we were much fitter! Worth it for the views as they are exceptional. Eating breakfast overlooking the view out to the sea is a must. We chose to stay B & B and had lovely continental breakfasts everyday.
The studios are lovely. Again with amazing views. For a smaller hotel, it was good to find they had excellent air conditioning which is individually controlled. Really important for me in a hot country.
The pool area was quiet and relaxing with an immaculately kept pool and gardens. It also has a bar serving drinks and snacks during the daytime. In the evening, the hotel cook meals if you order by lunchtime. Lovely traditional Greek food at a reasonable price.
We ate out for the whole time we were there although the studio did have a kitchenette so you could eat in your studio. We wanted to try the local restaurants so went out. The euro isn't doing very well at the moment so be prepared that a main course usually cost around €8 - €10. But it's worth eating at the hotel and restaurants to try their food.
The hotel is filled with mainly Europeans and very few English go there. That didn't matter to us as everyone was friendly and Sakis, the owner and Sarah, his daughter both speak English exceptionally well.
Sakis and Sarah were wonderful hosts. They helped us to arrange a boat trip and gave us ideas of what to visit on the island. If you like seeing the island in a different way, try the Asteros Thursday boat trip. For only €25 euros per person, it's worth the money. You get a barbecue lunch and drinks included and see some of the Island to the North of Dassia. The trip takes you to Kassiopi which is a lovely harbourside place. Also, you get to take a swim in a few different stop-offs. Worth every penny to see the beautiful island.
Thank you to Sakis and Sarah for a wonderful relaxing stay at your hotel. We will recommend it to our friends and family. It's definitely given us a taste of Corfu and we will come back again to see more of the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOTEL FACILITIES GENERAL.Restaurant-snack-bar,coffee next to the perfect sized beautiful pool with views to Dassia beach Greek and Albanian mountains and Corfu city, where you can enjoy a drink or tasteful local specialities. - Wireless pc ,at the bar pool area.- T/V, phone and A/c in all the rooms.- Washing machine free (available when not in use by hotel staff).- Grill place. ACTIVITIES: BBQ evening: A special occasion for Panoramas staff and guests, who enjoy a typically Greek evening with local specialities, Greek music and dancing. This in an opportunity to get to know other guests, and the hosts. Friendships have been built over the years, thanks to this special evening fullof good food and good times. LOCATIONn/a*Swimimg pool*Snack bar with possibility for breakfast, lunch and dinner,*TV*Waching mashine and iron fucilities,at the hotel.*Car rentans and boat trips to the north and south of the island with BBQ and local wine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Panorama Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panorama Hideaway Hotel Dassia
- Panorama Hideaway Corfu/Dassia