All reviews all inclusive basis steep driveway restaurant and bar staff upgraded to a suite lovely hotel kept spotless few moments water polo didn t work cleaned every morning end of season corfu city lovely beach smaller pool having read the reviews night break the main road
Reviewed September 11, 2016

This is not European 4 star hotel. I looks quite old, poor furnished. Location is not bad, many taverns and shops around, beach is also not far from. Corfu old town could be reached in 20 minutes by bus, which is also very comfortable. The food was OK but not really delicious. The territory of the hotel is small. it is situation on the top of the hill so you really have to make a little bit effort every day to climb it could be problem for old people.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank Milena K
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

So I won't waste anyone's time with my personal issues of how I ended up in a hotel which caters prodominately for French German and eastern European guests (I am English) moreover I am going to tell you about the hotel as I found it. My family and I stayed on an all inclusive basis we arrived late as seems to be the case with all flights to Greece and although the all inclusive closed at 11 they allowed us 2 drinks each free of charge. When we went up to our room they had prepared sandwiches and fruit for our arrival. I emailed ahead as it was my partners birthday and there was a bottle of wine and another basket of fruit in the room to celebrate this was free of charge.

The hotel itself is immaculate they have specific managers governing all aspects of the hotel from dining to cleaning and reflects in the level of service you receive.

Dining: Buffet style all inclusive good range of food available. Predominantly greek food so don't expect pizza and the like to be readily available but I took a fussy 6 year old and we didn't struggle. Plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and a massive range of salads. You can even cobble together a full English ( with a Greek twist) at breakfast time.

Room: The room was basic but hey its Greece they are all basic. Room was cleaned to a brilliant standard and had cracking views. We had a small issue with the shower due to the extent of the hard water which clogged up the shower head but fixed it myself with a Bobby pin.

Pools: Pool area can get a little slippery when wet so just be careful and you will be fine. The water is very deep and gets this way very quickly so be on your guard if taking kids. There is a life guard but she did leave alot to be desired so don't rely on that.

Bar: Not a bad range of drinks we found the beer dare I say it a bit watered down so spent the rest of the holiday drinking Gin and Kumquat liqueurs which I might add is nice. Drinks available free are beer Gin Brandy, Vodka, Rum and Kumquat mineral water is free by the glass but you pay massive premium if you request it by the bottle. Plenty of free soft drinks available.

Entertainment: pretty much all the music is in another language as the entertainment caters for other countries but who really cares unless you want to sing along. The entertainment team are fantastic energetic and were unbelievably accommodating announcing all activities in 4 languages including English so we never felt out the loop and we were always encouraged to join in which we often did. I have seen other people who said their kids felt left out as they had trouble communicating with kids from other nationalities which I guess could be an issue but we encouraged ours to join in at all opportunities and gave her advice on how to get around the language barrier and she was fine. Most European nationalities speak basic english anyway.

We had a fantastic time and although we won't be revisiting we never revisit the same place twice this is by no means a reflection on the lovely stay we had and I would recommend this place to anyone. If your unsure about Dassia for me it is a place for couples and families ( nightlife is a little limited)

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
4  Thank Tim C
Reviewed August 18, 2016 via mobile

First Room we have been given was in the basememt filthy with a hole in the celing awfull bathroom next day we have got Room 213 better one Air condotion is nat working in the restauratorów hall reception golf was poor waiters in filthy uniforms bar with so całed drinks with np taste and alcohol świniny pool dirty o LO of mosquitos It was a mistake

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank turysta1
Reviewed August 6, 2016

Hi
My wife and I have just had a fantastic holiday in Corfu
We booked this hotel due to our son going there 4 years ago
DONT do it
we were the only English people in the hotel for 3 days
don't get me wrong the staff and the food and even the room was all brill
the area itself was a very quiet area
all in all I think it would have been better if there was more English people
not good there are better areas to go to on the island

Room Tip: you get no choice
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Graham G
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a week at the end of July to find that myself and the hubby were the only English residents in the hotel. The Hotel is lovely, clean and had very helpful staff. Our stay was pleasant with good food although it did get a bit boring after a couple of days with repeated menus. The hotel is set off the main drag in Dassia up a very steep bank
Dassia we decided is not for us. It's quiet and a little untidy. We hired a car and travelled south of the Island where the beaches were sandy and just beautiful. Messongi is the place to stay in Corfu. Magma Graecia Hotel is lovely but not for us

Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple