“back to tilemachos”
Review of Telemachos Hotel

Telemachos Hotel
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Dassia
Reviewed July 19, 2012

next wednesday me and the wife are going back to the tilemachos hotel, this will be our sixth stay at this hotel, the holiday is cheap and you get what you pay for, the hotel do not get alot of money from the tour companies, so if you are expecting 5 star when you have only paid for 2 star you will be disapointed,this hotel is good value for ,treat the staff who work long hours with respect and you will get it in return same anywhere, so if you re heading there next week see you at the bar

Room Tip: pay for aircon
5  Thank bobthebuilder056

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I travel lots and have never written a bad review but you won't believe just how bad this hotel is until you see for yourself! I have just come back from a long weekend for my friends hen party and it was ruined by this hotel and the unbelievably rude staff and owner. I can't understand where the good reviews are coming from as every single person we spoke to that was staying at this hotel was complaining. First it is at the top of a very steep Hill. When we arrived we were showed to our room with 3 single beds in for 6 of us when we complained we were then given another room. We stayed in the main block with is the old rooms. We only had one towel between 3 of us and when we asked for more towels we were asked what we wanted more towels for?? the other room had 2 pillows we asked for an extra one but never received it. The rooms are very basic which would of been fine if they were clean. Sheets were filthy. Graffiti all in the wardrobe and bedside table drawers. Dirty, moldy shower and shower curtain. The water sprays every where apart from in the shower. Dirty glasses in the bathroom with pubic hair in!! The pool was so dirty you couldn't see to the bottom with dirt and slim all down the sides so we didn't even go in as we didn't want to get ill like others who stayed at this hotel (cuts got infected etc). I counted the sunbeds and there were 15 for the whole of the hotel which sleeps around 400 people?? 1 small pool bar and 1 small restaurant. The barman kept ignoring everyone while he text on his phone or served other people so we often was standing at the bar for over 15 minutes. when we did get service he didn't listen to our whole order and served someone else half way through. When my Mum told him he was rude his exact reply was through gritted teeth "Go F**k yourself". The owners response when someone complained about their room was "i'll f**k you straight, you are a disgrace to your country. And if you don't like it stay somewhere else?? There were 10 couples which arrived the day after us at 5 in the morning at 11.30 the next day they were still sitting in reception as they had no spare rooms and eventually were moved to another hotel (lucky them!) The all inclusive food is limited as you are only allowed one toasty or pizza during the day that's it. The breakfast is edible and the dinner isn't at all. I have never in my life seen grey chicken until i came here. i ended up eating chips and veg if they had it, no desert apart from water melon. They only serve tap water at dinner (i asked 3 different members of staff and they confirmed it was tap water but it is good?!?) or if your lucky watered down orange juice! In the end this turned out to be a very expensive all inclusive hotel. Drinks are served from 10am-9.30pm (water or juice at breakfast at 8-9.30) We had to go else where for dinner or go hungry as they would only let you have a few chips if you ask for me they say no as they are rationed!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank MissCDR
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Il keep it short.... We booked to stay here for one week all inclusive, on arrival at 4am we were told there were NO rooms for us and we would have to leave!! Not the news you want to hear when 5 months pregnant and in a foreign country!! We were moved to another hotel, which was better.... and we weren’t alone, this happened to quite a few people in the week we went!! But from sounds of it we had a lucky escape, as all we heard from other holiday makers was how filthy it was, pool never cleaned etc! We found out, our rooms were given away to locals who were looking for a weekend stay an paid cash! So be warned, you could arrive to no room!

5  Thank Amy P
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Please please avoid this all-inclusive Hotel (if you can call it that) .
THE FACTS - GOOD
1. Transfer good only 20 minutes
2. Dassia itself is a lovely place
THE FACTS -BAD
1. THIS IS NOT ALL -INCLUSIVE -No choice at all during breakfast , lunch or dinner . Plain Boilded rice , pasta & chips frozen veg and some sort of meat for both lunch and dinner. No desert for lunch and mainly water melon for desert in the eveing. No fruit at all EVER....
2.THE ONLY DRINK THAT WAS AVAIBLE IN THE RESURANT WAS TAP WATER.
NO VEGETRIAN OR CHILDRENS OPITION
3.The snack bar doubled as the drinks bar with only one member of staff who would do almost any thing to avoid serving you even if you was the only person standing there.
4. No diet drinks at all and when I asked for a plain vodka I was told I couldnt have one unless I brought their diet coke mixer which they sold at 2 euros per can 60 cents in shop.
5. Limited selection of drinks NO WINE !!!!
They wash the glasses with their hands under cold water and dont even bother to wash the plates just brush of crumbs with hands . Ice is also served via hands.
6. THE POOL turned green while we was there !!!
7. We counted 20 sunbeds and 5 brolllys for the whole hotel with housed 200 people
This hotel was something out of a comdey show and I think they base their ccustomers on a one trip ecause any body who came here would not return
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!!!!

8  Thank Laila W
Reviewed July 17, 2012

telecrapos is right as some one called it ..we have just come back from to weeks of horrable food we paid £20028 for two weeks .we took are two grandchidren with us thinking and being told all inclusive was for us and the kids . when we got there we were told we could have a basic room or for 90 uros we could have a room with air con .and for another 50 we could have a fridge...we we had the first room as we had paid for all inclusive and had not taken a lot of money with us .just some for a boat trip for the kids .we have been to corfu 9 times as we love the island ...any way we went into the room.and the was wrighting scratched in to bedside tables a 4inch screw sticking out of the wardobe at anckle level which i nocked back through the mattress were not good there was springs sticking sticking through. the room was not cleaned in the two weeks we were there.the sheets were change but one had not been cleaned at all .we have photos if any one wants them.the food was so bad we had to get money out of the bank just to get the kids food .for beakfast we had two green eggs german bacon and sausage 6 or 7 beans with a spoonful of water.for dinner .pasta chips rice. grey coloured spared ribs in waterish stuff..for evening meal.pasta chip.potatoes in god knows what .chicken with lemon .so dry.or turkey bones.the staff were horrible we were told if you dont like it go somewhere else.the kids went to get ice cream and were told they could have one in the morning and one in the afternoon. and were totely egnored when they went to the bar..ther was so many unhappy people there the only ones happy were the ones that had paid £200 for aweek .and we booked with coop travel. with thomascook .and flexetrips . so we know who to go with next time

Room Tip: dont go to that hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank frank_tinaunwin
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My husband and I recently spent a week in Corfu for the first time staying at the Telemachos Hotel. We would visit Corfu again but definately not to stay at this hotel. We payed for all inclusive and got a very poor service.

The food was boring, with very limited choices and served in small portions by the chef. There was no fruit juices with your meals, just cold tap water!! It was not made common knowledge that you were entitled to a glass of wine with your evening meal, it was hidden under the counter and only served by the manager in a plastic cup upon request (thats if another guest told you about it!) We resorted to eating a full English breakfast in the village for 5 euro. Left over food from the restaurant was often recycled the next day, nothing was wasted!

Our room was basic but clean we asked for a sea view room and we got it, however, we had to pay 50 euros
for air con and if we wanted a fridge in our room that would cost 18 euros! Our room was not cleaned or towels changed for two out of the seven days that we were there. There are no TVs in the rooms, no news papers available in the hotel, this made you feel cut off from the rest of the world. There was no tea or coffee making facilities in the room, so remember to bring your own. There was a TV in the restaurant set on on channel as the remote control was not avalable, and when the restaurant closed at 21.30 so did the Tv.

The all day snacks were hot toasted cheese sandwich cooked on a dirty grill or a very thin crust cheese and tomato pizza that became a biscuit when it was heated. There's loads of cheap booze during the day which ended at 21.30 after that drinks were sold at the pool bar until 2am and thats when all the proper booze comes out.

The hotel seem short of staff as everyone had to mult tasked and always seem to running here and there.
It came to light that the mountain of dishes were washed by hand. ( there was no dish washer.)
Be aware that you passport will be taken off you on arrival to be logged into a register manually by the manager
and it can be days before its returned to you. (there is no photocopying facilities)

I am an insulin dependant diabetic and experienced a medical emergency during the night when my blood sugar droped dangerously low and I had a hypo attack. My husband gave me a boiled sweet and ran down to reception to get a glass of milk, he was told the restaurant was closed and would not open until breakfast, and that the chef had taken the keys with him!! my husband stressed the urgency that I could slip into a coma and die.
It was at that point my husband was told to go down to the village for some milk, (in the middle of the night.) On demanding to see the manager, he was directed to the pool bar where he finally got some milk. I drank the glass of milk and manage to survive until the morning.
We raised the issue with the morning manager who did not seem to grasp the seriousness of the matter and said " your'e ok now what's your problem" she suggested we hire a fridge for 18 euros and keep our own milk in it.!!
We raised the issue again with the afternoon manager who could not understand why this had happened as the restaurant keys were hanging up at the reception and the kitchen could be opened up in an emergency. Pitty the rest of his staff did not know this. I was left feeling very vulnerable and at risk thinking, for the sake of a glass of milk, I could have sliped into a coma leading to an emergency hospital admission.
It would have been a different story if tea making facilities were available, a sweet cup of tea would have raised my blood sugar levels. I made sure I had glucose drinks in my room for the rest of my stay. I told some of the guess of my near brush with death and they were apauled. No one that we spoked to said they would return to this hotel, ( and I wonder why!!)
Be warned if you have any medical conditions.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Vilma M
Reviewed July 14, 2012

First of all, we are not picky people.
We landed in Corfu and were met with a gorgeous island with some amazing views, watching out of the window of the coach at all the mountains.
When we arrived at Telemachos, we were open minded and were initially impressed by the enterance and the parts of the hotel we could see. After waiting for around 30 minutes to be checked in, we were told that we, as a family of 6 could not have 3 room together, we could have one in the new block which we had to pay $50 for and the other 2 in the other, older blocks at opposite ends of the hotel with no air con. After getting to my room in the old block, i was greeted with a broken bed, no pillows, dirty, stained sheets and no hot water. After asking countless times, we managed to get the bed fixed and get some pillows but nothing else.
The bar staff seemed to have multi personalities, not knowing how they were going to react. They moaned whenever you asked for snacks (toasties and cheese pizzas) and would not allow you more than 2 drinks per person.
The pool was very very dirty, chlorine was not measured or tested during the day when it was put in so you couldnt even see the bottom of the pool.
As for the food, this was very disappointing, although Derek, the chef tried his best with what he had, all we had was rice, chips, bland pasta and then another main meal which changed every day. All the pudding there was was watermelon and the only thing you helped yourself to was salad and jugged water, which may i add was out of the tap as we saw them putting it in.
This was a very nice hotel in a very nice area, with lovely restaurants, cocktail bars and shops just outside the hotel. Just a shame about the management, in my opinion.

Room Tip: DON'T GO Go to a camp site.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Sophie D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dassia
Alexandros
#1 of 3 in Gastouri
Primavera
Primavera
#4 of 15 in Dassia

Been to Telemachos Hotel? Share your experiences!