1,238 results
All reviews deluxe pool deluxe collection sunset cruise a la carte restaurants guest relations wine bar special mention flavours buffet corfu town ikos olivia our favourite mini cooper adult pool teething problems free mini lobby bar special thanks
Selected filters
Reviewed November 5, 2018

Having visited the Oceania back in May we booked Dassia almost immediately.
This is a new resort and the grounds and rooms, reception, spas, gyms, restaurants etc are absolutely perfect, nothing is out of place!
The food in every restaurant and the buffet is varied and very good, not sure why most of the time the food was just warm rather than hot? We tried every restaurant but our best meal was on the beach! Hot food and an actual steak! My other little gripe about food is why no steakhouse? Why no steak on any of the menus? For the price paid I thought it would be a given at least 1 restaurant would have steak but we only found it on the beach menu (deluxe rooms)
Drinks are branded, absolutely masses of choice, the wine lists are endless and aren’t bad, although they do push the Greek wine almost all the time, another slight difference here is the amount of ice in the drinks, way too much of it unless you asked for less (started to resemble a normal AI with the short measures filled with ice)
Best bit for any cocktail enthusiast is John in the main bar, ask him to make you something of his design and two minutes later there’s the best tasting drink you’ll ever have . Also we asked for cider and bud for our mini bar and it was delivered there within a few minutes!
Rooms -
Everyone who has been to one of the other ikos resorts all agreed the rooms at this resort are much smaller! We had a deluxe junior suite which was just too small, the bedroom cramped, the bathroom only had a shower, whenever we can afford it we always upgrade to a junior suite, this is the only place we haven’t got a bath or whirlpool bath in our suite! There was a living room in our suite that served exactly zero purpose! Especially as there are lounges and tables outside on the patio, utter waste of space which the staff said would be getting redesigned for next year! The first room we were given was 4001, literally within touching distance of the deluxe pool, this room is the only one within the whole resort that has no screens or plants or bushes around the garden, everyone who walked past stared into the garden lol, we were moved after a few days as the wife couldn’t stand being in a fish bowl.
Beach-
Excellent beach which is public, deluxe area of beach a waste of time, supposed to be upgraded menus for deluxe area but the staff were pretty clueless. Always had to ask for towels and service whereas at the Oceania the staff were constantly attentive. Nice calm sea, brilliant for a swim. There’s Corfu boat hire at one end of the resort, brilliant people, Nikos the owner let me fish from the jetty every morning before they started work! Anyone taking fishing tackle, I have an 8ft travel rod, take small hooks and use bread and cheese! Boat hire is well worth the money, think we paid 70 euros for the day plus fuel, 10am til 6pm! We stopped along the coast to fish and snorkel and visited a restaurant for lunch, brilliant day out! Just be careful if you have your mobile phone with you as it auto connects to Albania which is within touching distance, cost me £15 for the privilege
Kids-
Yes this is a family resort, if you’re a couple then avoid during the school holidays, all the kids we came across were well mannered and behaved, there’s the occasional one that thinks screaming and racing around everywhere is fun, the parents must think it’s fun too as they never said anything . Only slight gripe is during dinner when trying to have a romantic evening with the wife, two tables across was a youngster with an electronic device (seems to have replaced parental interaction) playing a game on full volume, after a few minutes I nodded at the dad and asked him to turn it down, the look I got was of disgust and horror that I would actually complain about his little darling playing whatever game it was at full blast at 9:15pm in a restaurant. Note to parents- not everyone thinks your little bundle of joy is the bees knees, when they are crying and whining and are clearly tired, take them to bed!

Outside the resort there’s plenty of hire places and shops and a few bars, we visited a bar one night and found the owner and his wife very friendly, try the woodpecker bar if you get chance, puts a few quid back into the local economy!

Staff-
These are the reason this review was 4 stars and not 3. Apart from the beach staff they cannot do enough for you, everyone is so polite and helpful, the restaurant managers ouze confidence which in turn is passed onto the staff! They are without doubt the friendliest most helpful people I’ve come across anywhere! Out of the staff the deluxe concierge team were a step above, from check in to booking restaurants, food requests, information etc, everything was done quickly and always with a positive outcome!
Even though all the staff were perfect, our holiday was made by one person, Michael Lomitashvili, deluxe supervisor, what an incredible young man! This guy organised flowers in our room for our anniversary, a cake for the wife’s birthday at the Provence, he also met my request of a musician to play a love song to my wife on our first night, no matter what I asked this man excelled! Without doubt this guy will be running his own hotel within a few short years, amazing person!

In summary-
Lovely place, lovely staff, warm food, no steak, mediocre beach service, small rooms, awful room 4001, would we return to Corfu! Yes, would we return to this Ikos resort? No.
It’s just not got the same pizzaz as the other two, we have booked for Ikos Aria for next October though, simply because Micheal is moving to work there
Hopefully our love affair with this brand will continue, just hope they iron out the few gripes at Dassia!

Room tip: Avoid room 4001
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
8  Thank V7693ZScraigl
Reviewed November 5, 2018

I can only say positive things about this hotel. The staff and extremely helpful, professional and go that extra mile to make your stay memorable. We ate in 4 of the 6 al a carte restaurants, which were excellent. The complimentary water sports are welcome bonus. We did the wine tasting in the wine bar, made me enjoy Greek wines for the 1st time. I will definitely being staying with the Ikos group again.

Room tip: We said in the main building with sea views. Well worth the extra charge
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2018

My family and I have recently returned from an amazing week at the Ikos Dassia Resort.
From the moment we booked our trip we were well looked after. As we were travelling with our 2 year old son I was keen to ensure the toddler essentials such as a potty, high chair and were available to us on arrival. The hotel were more than happy to assist and as promised our requests were met.
Upon arrival we were greeted by the Deluxe manager Thanos. He kindly checked us in and personally gave us a tour of th Resort and took us to our room. We booked a deluxe one bedroom suite with a private pool. The room had sea views and was located in a prime location of the Resort. We were close to all actives, pools and restaurants. The room was elegantly decorated with a beach feel to it and had ample space for a family of three. The separate living area was ideal for when our son had gone to bed and my husband and I could relax on the sofa and either watch tv or sit outside on the patio and enjoy a glass of wine from the well stocked mini bar. The private pool was an extra special touch and the water was always very warm. Perfect for young children.
The whole Resort was extremely well looked after and not even a sun lounger out of place. The service everywhere was second to none. Every restaurant catered for everyone and couldn't do enough for you. We didn't have one bad meal. Even the Buffett restaurant was like no other we had been to. For the lunch this is somewhere we actually preferred to go over an a la cart. I have to say our favourite evening meals were at Anaya and Provence. Every request was more than catered for even down to getting us a wine from another restaurant.
The facilities for kids from babies to teenagers were AMAZING. My son loved everything from the kids pool and splash park to the tooder football academy and ice cream parlour (my husband may have enjoyed the ice cream more).
We took advantage of the complimentary car hire and travelled to the west coast for a day. While nice to visit the island we were pleased to get back to the Resort. The spa is world class. We booked our son into the kids club for a few sessions and he loved every minute. Each session was different and thoroughly enjoyed his time there. It was a welcomed break and opportunity for my husband and I to grab some down time on the beach. we also had a babysitter two evening. I was worried at first but the babysitter was someone form the kids club that my son as meet already. They kept in contact with us all evening with up dates to keep us assured all was well and our son was in safe hands.
Overall I can't recommend this hotel enough. I could just go on and on with the positives.
I have to give a special thank you to Thanos. He looked after us the whole trip and couldn't do enough for us. I don't think I've met anyone so passionate about their job and ensuring you want for nothing. He is a real treasure to the Resort and an employee the ikos brand should be proud to have representing them.

Room tip: I'd recommend a room in the sea building.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank kim l
Reviewed November 2, 2018

After a week at Ikos Dassia, my first Ikos resort, I can understand why people return year after year.

It's cleverly designed so it's just as good for families as for couples, with quiet zones in restaurants, adults-only pools for those travelling without kids, but two huge pools, a kids' splash area, kids club, gelaterias and restaurants galore for families. Split into two sides - Sea and Sky - both are available to anyone staying in either section, and act almost as a mirror image with a few slight difference: so, eg each has a section of beachfront, a beachfront restaurant, a buffet restaurant, a main pool, an adults pool and so on. But there are different choices and different styles depending which you pick.

The kids' club were fantastic, especially faced with a slightly nervous six-year-old on her first session, and I know she'd happily have gone to far more sessions if we had booked them (the trickiest thing at Ikos is trying to fit everything in). It's worth knowing before you go to book kids' club, any a la carte restaurants in the evening and other extras, especially in peak season or school holidays as otherwise they do fill up fast.

But the real difference I loved about the resort was the way you're encouraged to explore the area too - as part of the all-inclusive programme, Ikos can book you into several different local restaurants (great for both a difference and ensuring some support for local business). You can also get a Mini Cooper for the day (again, book this in advance) for no fee except petrol, and optional excess insurance, to encourage you to explore Corfu. And there's a free shuttle bus running regularly to and from Corfu Town around 20 minutes away (except a few hours in the afternoon) so it's easy to go and explore - they even have free entry to three attractions (you can get one per guest)

For me, it's a perfect balance: loads to do in the resort and easy to explore further, delicious food, fabulous facilities, the chance to chill out, and because it's all-inclusive, I think our only costs were petrol, two ice creams and a souvenir snowglobe... And outside peak season, the value for money is equally impressive.

(Disclosure: my trip was partly courtesy of the resort for review elsewhere, partly paid for - all opinions my own and I was not asked to write this for TripAdvisor)

• Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank MummyTravels
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

The ikos dassia is a new hotel that opened earlier this year. My opening remark is to say that all the staff are fantastic and cannot do enough for you and work very very hard, Olga in the main restaurant was very helpful and remembered our preferences every morning. The room was ok a little on the small size. There are many restaurants to choose from, the Al a carte you need to book, which much to our disappointment we where only able to book two out of the six? available, and the dine out was also fully booked. The hotel is tastefully furnished and has lots of different seating areas around the hotel. There is a daily bus service into Corfu town, that starts at 10.00am and return journeys half hourly until 2.30.pm then they resume in the evening. I have previously visited the ikos Oceania and Olivia, which in my opinion, are better than the dassia, but I'm sure given maybe another year or so, this hotel will be improve. All in all we had a lovely holiday and I would recommend it for families or couples.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fspnr