“Great family run taverna”
Review of Taverna Kostas

Taverna Kostas
Ranked #6 of 34 Restaurants in Dassia
Reviewed April 25, 2018

A normal greek taverna menu prepared well and served efficiently with humour. On tge side of the main riad north but secluded enough not to be obtrusive. Very popular for tge localsxwhich is always a good indicator.

Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

Went here one day on my holiday as recommended by someone ordered drinks and food. Another person got told that they can do the chicken breast breast with a cream and mushroom sauce (which was fine) I asked if I could have the chicken breast with a onion and cream sauce with fries which the waiter said was fine. After our meal was sent out there was a dish that we didn't order (another chicken and creamy mushroom with rice) said that it wasn't what we ordered then the waiter that took our order came out told me that they couldn't do the creamy onion sauce because that wasn't an order so I sent it back and had just a chicken. In cream sauce with fries. After another 10 or so minuets (after the majority of our table of 9 had finished) a chicken with cream sauce with rice was sent out (by a young child not the waiter) again not what I ordered. The waiter did not even apologise about this and seemed very grumpy. The food was also bland and the whole table was disappointed with the meal. Will not be returning again and would not recommend this place.

1  Thank hatchyj
Reviewed June 12, 2017 via mobile

I can recommend this restaurant. Very tasty food, oven baked lamb was amazing and a grilled chicken also. Home white wine was delicious. Also we ate very nice dessert which was a yogurt with honey and nuts. I love the look of a taverna, hidden a bit, a lot of green plants and flowers, lovely for a dinner with family or friends. If I have chance in future definitely I will go back there.

1  Thank Monika W
Reviewed September 26, 2016

My friend's uncle recommended this taverna and he was right to point it out. I've never tasted a lamb so tender, it was almost melting so easy it was to come off the bone. There was also a traditional corfiot food (sofredo or stifato) and it was also freaking delicious! The service can be a little slow but it's ok.

Reviewed September 15, 2016

After we went there first time, we did not even consider going to some other place during our stay in Dassia! The food is great, no matter what you choose, and the prices are very modest.
Do not miss it if you are around!