All reviewssea viewsaladmarina beachplenty of sunbedsmini golfentertainment teamjunior suiteclose to the hotellast summertennis courtswonderful holidayevening entertainmentwi fiaqua parkdisabled accessfitness classesfamilies with children
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I personally will recommend to the higher management and the owners to clean, not only the coastal line near the hotels, but all the way - many tourist, including me and most of the participants of the conference, take long walks till the very end of the beach.
The other thing is - put a lids on the rubbish bins, that sits on the coastal line and by the pools - the wind, the birds, etc. do spread the rubbish on the sand and in the sea.
Moreover, the staff are friendly and helpful, but do include a follow up on the issues that the guest experience in order to make them feel satisfied.
And last, but not least, do consider to make the wi fi free of charge - it will help you and your guest.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the see, not the pool are quieter and more sunny.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We have just returned from a one week holiday to the Duni Marina Beach Hotel
Arrived in early hours and was please to find that the bar stays open until 2am!
The hotel has a lovely setting on a large curved sandy beach.We paid the small extra charge to
have a superior seaview room which was well worth the money.The front of the hotel looks out
across the large, well maintained beach and pool area.
Our room was very large,immaculately clean and very comfortable. I believe all the rooms are large but the view from the front is definatately worth paying the extra for.
On our first day we explored the resort which apart from the huge beach and outdoor pool also has an indoor pool,spa,sauna etc in the hotel next door which are all available for you to use on the ai basis.There is also a further two hotels whose pools and restaurants you are free to use.In
addition there is a gym,tennis courts and table tennis.Also mini golf although this is an extra charge.
Unfortunately we had very overcast weather for much of our stay so were not able to have the
beach holiday that we had hoped for.When the sun finally came out the whole resort literally lit up as without good weather you could get very bored here.There is no nearby bus service so if
you want to explore you have to do this by taxi or organised reps trips(we did both)
Now onto the food:Very plentiful but not really to our taste, some very strange combinations, for
example roast beef and fried egg:weird.The main promblem is that the food is constantly luke warm at best which is apparently how the bulgarians like it but we dont. Also my husband requires a gluten free diet which was very difficult here unless you ate nothing but salad.
The only meal we really enjoyed was at the italian restaurant which you are allowed to use once
a week during your stay,limited menu but excellent food and wine here.
All the bars across the resort serve really good vodka,sparkling wine and cocktails which we
enjoyed, dont know about the beer as neither of us drink it. We found the staff to be very unsmiling but efficient. We only went to one of the entertainment shows:'We will rock you'which
was great and I would have loved it to go on for longer.
To sum up:Very elegant,clean and well run hotel which would be perfect for a beach holiday if you get good weather, without it you feel a bit marooned at this resort as there is nowhere of
interest within walking distance and the food does not come up to the standard I would expect in a five star hotel

Room Tip: Book a seaview room,well worth paying the extra charge for the wonderful view across the bay.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank diane d
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We travel by car to this place from Romania and as I said in others reviews we enjoy doing it.I will try to resume my review to the most important tips.
Description: fantastic resort with all stars (3*,4* and 5*)accomodations but with separated beach side and pools(only Marina and Marina beach are allowed to use same facilities) ,providing loads of activities for all ages(ex 6 tennis courts) the area of the resort is probably bigger than 40000m square .It was design for higher communist party members (ex president Teodor Jitcov) know belong to german company.
The resort is further down south so you'll leave Sozopol heading Turkey and after 5 miles comming down hill on left hand you got Royal Marina then down 500m is the Marina Beach. The car park is on right side so you will pass the security and leave the car on car park.The all resort is private and is under 24/7 suveilance.
I'll recommend from the start tipping discreet the staff (reception, bartender,room cleaners -5euros each) so you wil avoid some bulgarian thickness. I did it in july 2009 when we were there and everything work PERFECT(ex.if it is a long qeues to the bar for cocktails&beer you allways will be served first).In the end we all give 10% as tip from the bill in the restaurants so why not do it here less than 10% even if it's all inclusive.
In the hotels are 2 A La Carte restaurants ,Mehana with bulgarian traditional food (very good ) served with good quality wine (different from that served at the bars) and Italian A La Carte.(our familly choose to go twice to Mehana because we like trippe soup and bulgarian cousine).
We were there for my and my nephew birthday , having birthdays one after the other, and the staff prepared a delicious chocolate cake for me and cream chocolate cake for my nephew which staff brought it to the table and sang all of them "Happy Birthday!".I found in the room fridge an extra complimentary 2 bottles of excellent bulgarian wine ,one red and one white ,for my birthday.
In general the food is varied and for all tastes ,put it this way my daughter was 5 then,extremely fusy but she allways find something to eat ,standing in line with the plate in hand for the food she choose .N.B. all the mince meat food had "extra" thyme in so we were not very impressed.
The sun lounges are plenty by the pool and beach side but if you prefer a speciffic location you have to wake up early (07:30am) to put the towels and some belongings on those.
The beach is clean with clean flat water (the pier is blocking the sea waves , algees,jellyfish to come to the beach site of the hotel).Pools are there for children and adults clean and well maintained.
Room are huge with Tv, Fridge(top up with soft drinksand water everyday) and Aircon working perfect.We had parking view , less noise ,no sun and lovely forest view.
Some staff understand and speak english some do their best you to be happy.See my photos.
So what are you waiting for?Go and booked before it is too late , the places are going very quick on this resort.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cristianmihai
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Our stay at Royal Marina Beach was excellent. the hotel is very clean, the rooms are spatious and the seaview we had was gorgeous. The entartaining team is nice, very friendly and the evening shows are well done, especially "MTV show" and "Life is a cabaret". Also, the night where the kids were the stars was lovely. The food is ok, quite repetitive every two days or so, there are "theme" evenings food, like "bulgarian evening" "asian evening" "balkanic evening" or "gala evening", the last one every saturday - the tables are festively adorned, wedding-like, but nothing fancy at the food. Every guest at "marina beach" has acces to all the places in the resort, all the restaurants, but other guests that don;t stay at Royal Marina do not have access to Marina Royal Restaurant, Pool Bar and Pool. The Spa services are quite expensive, we only had a "Romantic Jacuzzi" that costed 90 leva (45 euros), but the experience was outstanding - a private room, with a top-notch, state-of-the art 2 persons jacuzzi, candles all around, bubble bath, soft music and one bottled of champagne included! You could lock the door and you have one hour un-disturbed by anyone. Highly recomanded!
The beach is clean, dustbins every 3-4 metres, the water was ok during our stay (some periods of algae), there were literally several hundreds of sunbeds around the main activiy pool, and other hundreds onto the beach itself.
Overall, our 10 day stay was very relaxing and entertaining. We recommend the resort to anyone, regardless the age (there are a lot of families with kids of all ages, couples and seniors).
oh, and it was the second year in a row when we choose this destination!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with seaview! Mandatory! :) our room was 8310
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We spent 10 wonderful days at Duni Marina Beach in late June early July 2012. We absolutely loved it. We've been to a good number of all inclusive resorts in Bulgaria, but this one provides the most complete all inclusive service of all. That included the sunbeds and parasols on the beach and beach towels, which we could exchange as many times as we needed at the towel station.

The hotel is on the beach facing the sea and the pools and we had a big round balcony with a beautiful view on the fifth floor. Rooms were large enough, clean and cleaned on a daily basis. The whole hotel was well maintained.

The staff were very polite and efficient. Both check-in and check-out were super fast. I still have vivid memories of our stay last year at the so-called Double Tree by Hilton in Golden Sands, Varna, where I was involved in a discussion between different departments of the hotel as to which room we have been allocated while my wife and daughter were waiting in from of the room we were sent to and at check out I was requested to pay, although I had pre-paid 100 percent of the booking months earlier and was charged a meal, which I had already paid for in the restaurant.

We always found food which we liked, but some of the cooking could be improved. If you like meat, though, there are good steaks and other meats prepared at the grills on the balcony, as well as chips, pasta and pizza. There's a good variety of fresh salads and fruit. Most deserts, with the exception of the baklava and couple of others, look better than they taste. Ice cream could be better, too. Our daughter loved the pancakes at breakfast (and so did I, to be honest), but I wasn't impressed with the omelettes and even the fried eggs. Bread is generally not very fresh and we avoided it. As it is probably closest to the beach, the restaurant is used not only by those who stay at Marina Beach but by people from most of the more remote hotels. This means that it can get quite busy at peak times, particularly during lunch time. We visited the Bulgarian a la carte restaurant, which wasn't bad but wasn't special in any way, either.

Being Bulgarian I love the local grappa (rakiya) and the brand the hotel offered was one of the cheap but decent ones. Beer was ok and white wine was drinkable. I didn't try the red. You can order a number of cocktails as part of the all inclusive but they are made of local alcohols. I really couldn't complain about the mojito, especially after adding a pack of sugar to it, but don't expect it to taste the same as a proper mojito. Espresso is made very well. Diet versions of fizzy drinks are available (this has been a problem in other resorts in Bulgaria).

The entertainment team are very hard working and deliver great shows at the amphitheatre in the evenings. There is a good choice of classes - I attended Zumba and hip-hop. There's a paid for gym in the nearest hotel, Marina Royal, but I wasn't impressed with the equipment and did not use it. There is a free gym at a more remote hotel, which I never saw.

Wi-fi internet access is not cheap and is only available in the reception area and the bar (mostly inside it).

Out of 10 days we didn't have a single day of rain, nor clouds.

Shops in Duni are seriously overpriced.

Nearest place to visit is Sozopol, worth visiting both for sightseeing and for shopping things like sun creams - much cheaper than in Duni shops. No public transport, only taxis and they all charge 35 BGN for a return trip. It is 80 BGN to get a taxi to Burgas.

We will definitely be returning to Duni.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family