All reviews sea view salad marina beach plenty of sunbeds mini golf entertainment team junior suite close to the hotel last summer tennis courts wonderful holiday evening entertainment wi fi aqua park disabled access fitness classes families with children
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We firstly got on the coach to the resort the staff were very kind and then we got allocated to our room and it was really marvellous the view from the balcony was outstanding and all the swimming pools and the beach it was just phenomenal. so next morning we got up to go to breakfast the food there was fantastic very delicious and when it got to lunch and dinner the food was outstanding. the hygiene in the hotel was very good the cleaners are very kind. The beach there was outstanding and there are so much actives to do like jet ski, yacht trips and loads more . The Hotel has a shopping centre that sells a variety of souvenirs , clothes,watches,bags and all sorts. Overall i think this hotel was outstanding and i highly recommend it to families.

3  Thank Gemal123
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My husband and 12 year old stayed at the "palace hotel" for a week. First thing that made me laugh was the little minibus to take us to our hotel, but it saved waiting for the coach to fill us. I did think ummm, not many people going to our hotel. Had to wait until morning to see what the holiday village was like as we all arrive at stupid times in the morning. I was not disappointed, the view, the pools, the bay all lovely. We always have 3 hols a year and have to say that this had the wow factor. I got up at 8am to make sure I got a sunbed but did not need to worry as there were always space at 11am. We got beds on the beach the first time but too noisy for us, then spent the rest of the time at our hotel pool which was lovely, clean and quiet. We got told to get the ball out of the pool on the first day, but others were not told off, so don't know whether its an English thing or not. We found the food ok, well I am 7lb heavier so need I say more!!!! The only day I was not keen is when they served boiled tongue - yuk. We went over to the marina beach for lunch and did not seem any different, apart from having to get your own drinks. We went to Sozopol and would not go back, its a dump and hastily reminded my daughter how lucky we are at home. I was very pleased to get back to our hotel. The entertainers were good, fab dancers and totally fit, if only I was 20 years younger lol. We met some English families, but not many of us out there, I used to scan the covers of peoples books to see what nationaly there were, and met some lovely people. I agree with other reviews that the people working in the shop are rude and slam the money down, but they seemed to be like that with everyone so I did not take it personally. In all I had a great time, I would go back but the old man wont so will have to see who wins this battle.

Room Tip: The rooms are adequate, clean and had everything you need. The air con was too good, was frozen stiff the first night!
1  Thank sue j
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Ignore the bad reviews the hotel is amazing really clean hotel not a sight of rubbish anywhere! The service was good and most of the staff spoke good English which was really helpful, the entertainment team were lots of fun an had games to play everyday so you could never get bored! Lots of places around the resort to explore even the other 3 hotels were available to use there facillites also which was nice! Really was a good holiday an would definitely go back very overwelming you must go and see for yourself! It's stunning!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Karlaxox
Reviewed August 15, 2011

there was 11 in out group age range 13-72. We had an excellent time and there is something to do for everyone. The hotel is very clean and the swimming pool is huge. The food is ok, but better in the pelican. The entertainment staff work extremely hard, and the downside of this is the ampitheatre, but you can take your drinks in there to watch the show.There are plenty of sunbeds for everyone and there is no need to get up really early to bag yourself one. Overall one of the better resorts we have stopped in.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Lets start on the positive. The hotel is lovely and clean and if you have a pool view it is beautiful looking out onto the pool and beach. I Booked this as I felt it ticked all the right boxes for my family. My 12 yr old son hated every minute of this holiday as there was hardly any English people and he struggled to find anyone to speak with. The kids club for the 3-6 yr olds is not as safe and secure as I would have liked, there is no signing in procedure as in other kids clubs run by first choice. On the first day I went to pick my daughter up and she wasn't there, when I asked they said they had been to the play area and she saw grandma on the way back and she was with her in the restaurant. This should not have been allowed to happen, the kids reps had not even met her grandma. Place is full of Russians, Rumanians, Germans etc who are very rude and ignorant and do not understand what a queue is. Some of the staff do not have the time of day for the English. On asking for a drink that another guest had ordered at the bar on the all inclusive we were told that they were only for special guests and on another occasion when I asked for a pina colada he said no but then the person next to me was given a pina colada. My son lived on chips the entire fortnight as there was nothing else for him to eat. There were days when I cut into food and it was raw in the middle. Having spent two days in bed ill I know why. My son went for the late breakfast at 10.45 and they would not do him any pancakes, late breakfast is supposed to be available until 11am. The supermarket is expensive and the staff are rude but as there is no where else to go you have to pay their prices. Evening entertainment was good but gets a bit tedious by the second week and if you want a seat near the front you have to be there at least an hour before it starts. Show starts a bit late for young children. Bingo is advertised on website but not available when there. The accommodation is very isolated and requires a taxi if you want to go anywhere. Friends of ours were told there were no late check out rooms available at all but then found other nationalities had been able to book them. Really disappointed for a first choice holiday especially as it is being sold as a premier.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family