“Nice Animation&Staff”

Cancun Sokhna Beach Resort Managed by Accorhotels
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Ain Sukhna
Reviewed March 17, 2014

we have been there last week. for 5 day's .the hotel is really nice.rooms was so clean .all the staff was help full.thank you for all the animation team they are really funny guys smile and help full every time. we think to come back soon

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 94omar

Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is my first stay at this resort , i booked via Booking.com ( 2 double rooms with a sea view) for the family, 24 hours before our arrival i received a phone call from an agent in the resort informing me that my reservation is cancelled, when i asked about the reason , he told me that the rooms are clsed for maintinance, i did not buy this at all and i contacted the customer care at booking.com (08000000457) and also the customer care at Amer Group The owner group of the resort(19156), the response was swift, i received a phone call from Amr Group customer care center assuring that my reservation is valid and that the employee who contacted me was bunished, also i recived 3 Emailsfrom booking.com ( within 20 minutes from my call) confirming thae same.
after this dramatic start i prepared my self for the worst, no time to make another reservation in other hotels at Sokhna on such a short notice.
when i arrived the whole picture turned 180 degrees:
first , our chick in took minutes, i had a great help from Mr. Nour a receptionest or a front office manager( i am not sure about his post), he upgraded my reservation to a separate Villa with a private swiming pool for the same rate of the two rooms i had booked earlier, first raw on the beach, that was a splendid apology that i realy accepted, the villa was wonderful, well furnished , well equipped, clean and having a charming view on the red sea,there was even a private parking area for my car just next to the villa's door,the ground floor consisted of a living area with a LCD TV, a dining tabel, a kitchen equipped with a refrigerator, an electric stove, a microwave, & a kettle with a complimentary supply of tea bags, cofee and sugar, The second floor contains two separate bed rooms each having its private bathroom.each room also is equipped with an LCD TV, house cleaning was very good, The private swiming pool was fantastic, clean and regularly served by a specialized workers, the main resort swiming pool is splendid : vast, clean and heated to a convenient 30 degrees celsius so it was our first choise as we were at the relative cold weather of March,, there is many beach activities at the beach area, i enjoyed riding a jet ski ( LE 250 for 30 minutes).
The food in the resturant was excellent both in quality and variety, i must refere to the excellent service at the resurant it was realy a 5 stars service, one night i took the advice of Mr. Nour and i went to the Mexican resturant , he made all the arrangements for me & even escorted me & my family to the resurant and it was a charming dinner.
The kids area has a lot of equipments & toys, the maintinance services were excellent ( responded to my call for a minor problem within minutes.
now to the negatives :first : the main resturant : although the food and the service were excellant, but the resturant needs urgent internal redecoration , second it is the lost quietness, : at the beach area and at the swiming pool, at the beach there are speakers that were broadcasting songs all the day long, verey loud, very annoying, they did not even bother themselves changing the only CD For Asala that they kept plying over & over , and at the pool there was a failure animation team as they know nothing about animation except being a DJ desturbing the guests all the time by a very loud speakers and talking in the speakers by a funny way that you can't understand a singel word of what they say!!. if i may give the admin of Cancun one advice it will be : please please stop the noise at the beach and the swiming pool area and fire the unsuccessful animation team
the over all experience was excellent, i can say that this resort is realy a 5 stars resort in all aspects ( except for animation)
special thanks to Mr. Nour who was very helpful during my stay
i will certainly come back again ( In Shaa Allah)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank heshammaged
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The reception front office staff are so much kind and supportive specially Nour.
My room number was 4015, It is one of the best rooms for sea and swimming pool view.
The room facilities are satisfying (TV, Water boiler, Red tea, Green tea and Nescafe), Room beds are comfortably, lightening options are good, bathroom is clean and its facilities are good as well.
Restaurant is also amazing, food is delicious and staff are kind and supportive.
Swimming Pool is heated and water is warm, pool depth is gradually increased from kids level to adults level allowing chance for all to enjoy.
Beach is also quiet and sea water is clean, games area for kids is too much enjoying.
Over all, the Hotel is nice.
The most annoying thing was the loud music on pool and beach, some women were wearing bikini in pool and beach.
I went to this hotel on the reputation that there was no wrongdoing and it will be comfortable for islamic ideology ppl , but my advice to the brothers who are afraid committed sins not to go to this hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Muhammad N
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We booked our villas in advance online, for 2 large families. Previous to this a family member stayed in a suite in the hotel a few months ago and had a good experience, hence recommended this place. When we got there we were first impressed with the clean lobby, touristy and Mexican themed outside facade, and there was a fantastic view of the pool and ocean beyond, from the hotel lobby. But our initial first impression quickly became sour with the receptionist informing us that none of our booked villas were available. Apparently they overbooked and now cannot provide us with our promised reservation. After several long fruitless negotiations, we were able to find a helpful soul, Mr. Nour. With his help the reservations were able to find us at least one vacant villa but for the other family, only a hotel room. Mr. Nur was very polite and apologetic for the inconvenience and promised to help us out of our predicament. After a few hours of resigning to our fate, with his help and several phone calls was able to scrounge another vacant villa for the other family in our party! However the two villas were very far apart from each other. We didn't mind, after waiting so long, after all at least there was some positive news. So we went to the villas , and found them quite spacious. Two bedrooms upstairs with individual bath and showers, cleaned and ready. Downstairs there was a sofa set and chairs plus full dining room and kitchen, plus opening to the back patio with swimming pool and patio set. I went to search for some coffee mugs in the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee but to my dismay found no electricity in the entire villa. The hotel apparently had a power outtage and had a backup generator which supplied the main hotel but not the villas. It was getting dark soon and we summoned for help. The bellboys promptly arrived with emergency lanterns . Power came after about 30 minutes and for the rest of our stay we had no further power issues. I noted that the 2 mugs which were in the coffee tray were unwashed, with gross signs of dried coffee and sugar in them. Our relatives in the nearby hotel room also found the same thing, unwashed coffee mugs. and no coffee , just some tea bags and sugar packets. To be fair though, their bedrooms however were well made and very clean. Our bedrooms were also very tidy and clean with fresh linens and fresh pillows. The bathrooms were excellent and sanitized and well stocked with shampoo , lotion and soap. Inroom safe and spacious closets. Large modern flat screen LCD TV. The refrigerators were cleaned and sanitized. The kitchen counters however, and the floors needed some wiping and mopping. The bellboys came right away with brooms and extra towels after awhile and were very apologetic. Although it seems like some of the staff were not very efficient, they were willing to make up for the shortcomings that we found. Throughout our stay they made our vacation feel special, and after the daily morning housekeeping, they even made artistic figures out of bath towels , shaped into swans, and alligators sprinkled with fresh flower petals every morning . The buffet breakfast was good. They however closed the buffet at exactly 10 am sharp. They had yogurt, different cheeses, to order scrambled eggs bar, and feta cheese with fooul , tahini and hummus, some bologna, cereal, milk, olives, and variety of breakfast pastries. The variety of food was decent, and to be honest we were more than satisfied. The dinners were good, choice of fish, beef, chicken, and veggies, with rice and bread. All foods were labelled. But you could not have free water unless you brought a bottle to dinner yourself. I think you might have to order it too. There was free tea and coffee , juice, but at breakfast only. THe restaurant was always packed, with people and tables were well maintained, linens and utensils were clean. The dishes and glassware in the restaurant were clean. There was a kids entertainment show in the ballroom next door , geared for the 2-10 crowd. The villa had pools which were cleaned daily but it was not heated. We came in December so we did not swim there except in the main pool which was heated and clean. They had electronic ride on vehicles for toddlers for rent as well as an inflatable ball where one can pay to spend a few minutes inside, rolling in the ball like a hamster on the pool water. Seaside there were plenty of lounges, table tennis room, and beautiful garden landscaping. Beach view was lovely and restful. You get a ticket for 4 fresh beach towels, and get new ones in return if you bring the old ones back. Poolside the pool was also fun to stay in. Carribean music and funfilled party atmosphere thanks to energetic young staff. Overall, our first impressions were not good, but the immediate willingness of the staff to make up for the small mistakes, made up for it, and we were overall very satisfied with our 3 day stay in this resort. In the future though I fell the online hotel overbooking should be avoided because this was the part of our stay that frustrated us the most, to arrive and not find our reservations, but lucky for us it was fixed on time and our vacation was not spoiled. Thanks again to everyone and special mention to Mr. Nour who came to our rescue after the first few frustrating moments.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Atticdoc
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

First :reception too crowded u take half hour to check in,very limited crew at reception help u although hotel fully booked u should prepare lot of crew to service this number of guest
Second:room (no shower gel,no soap ,no tissues ,no towel) bed sheet dirty there was blood on sheet ,pillow cover smell too bad .this our first impression @ first hour .

Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Rorodibo
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I booked 3 nights on HB bases with my wife at this hotel based on previous reviews and a recommendation from a friend, but unfortunately it didn't meet our expectation. To be fair I'll mention the Pros first,

Pros:
-Room location was great.
-Spacious room with dressing area.
-Heated pool.
Cons:

Cleaning and Hygiene:
-Room was smelly and the bathroom as well.
-2 cockroaches in the room is SHOCK specially on of them was found on the bed!!!
-The restaurant is full of flies, I had to cover the platter with a table towel to avoid it touch my food.

Food:
-Very low quality of food, blow average for a 5 stars hotel.
-Very limited variety of fruits.
-very low quality of cheddar cheese.
-break fast was acceptable.
-If you went to the restaurant late, most probably you'll miss some desserts as they serve it ones like (Oriental Sweets).
-No water provided
-on the first day we went to have lunch in the main restaurant, the menu is very poor, they only have 4 to 5 options as a main dish, 4 types of pizza and same goes for desserts, we ordered pizza and it was miserable, very low quality ingredients.

Service:
-The crow was nice to be honest, however thy miss professionalism.
-I called the housekeeping on my first day to take care of the smelly bathroom and to provide me with tea and coffee for the complementary tea tray, in few minutes one came to me handed me sugar, 2 tea bags and 2 green tea bags, no coffee! and no one came to take care of the bad smell.
-on the other day I asked the housekeeper while he was cleaning my room to setup the tea tray with coffee and more tea, he said it's only free for the first nigh, What would cost you people couple of tea bags or coffee packets!!!
-No activities to do in the evening.
-Kids can have lots of fun with the recreation team.

In the last night while I was writing the evaluation survey, I found the other cockroach on the desk, I hit it with evaluation card and put it inside the envelope with the evaluation card.

While checking-out I handed it to the receptionist and told him please check it you'll find something in there which I wasn't excepting he was curious to see what it is, he opened it while other guests were standing, he saw it and rapidly closed it, he said so sorry for you, he looked for the manager but he wasn't there and then I left.

Nut in a shell:
I wouldn't recommend this hotel for anyone, specially it's rate is average to other 5 stares hotels and resorts, I would pay more money in another hotel but feel I'm in 5 stars hotel.

Room Tip: rooms on the right hand side of the pool are quieter, room 2002 is pool view room, however it sees t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ramy E
Yasser Y, General Manager at Cancun Sokhna Beach Resort Managed by Accorhotels, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay at Cancun Resort.

We appreciate that you took the time to share your valued feedback here on Trip Advisor which gives us the opportunity to monitor and continuously improve our services.

I can assure you that we will take proper action steps to ensure that our associates will be able to respond to such an incident about the cleanliness and service quality you had experienced during your short stay which does not indicate the level and quality standard and service of PWHR, an immediate operational investigation had been taken place accordingly.

We are looking forward to host you during your next visit and we shall provide free upgrade to Suite in additional to invitation for our Mexican restaurant to be enable to show you the real professional act and attitude of our associates.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. Simply send an email to Iasfour@amer-group.com

With kind regards…………..

Ibrahim Asfour

Executive Assistant Manager
Cancun Beach Resort

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

It was the best holiday ever everbody is so friendly according to the managment policy special thanks to nour front desk and tamer the pool guy. Thank you all for the nice days and i ll see u all soon they are all willing to help and support i needed a doctor on and and everybody was willing to help they even made sure that the doctor will wait for me till i get there

Stayed: January 2014