“Nice short vacation”

Stella di Mare Grand Hotel
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Ain Sukhna
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed for only one night during an official hoilday in Egypt (i.e.high season time), I was there with my family, in 2 standard double rooms (garden view).
Room was ok, not spacious, furniture lookes dated but at least clean..the view is not the best, it's neither sea nor pool view, and it looks gloomy at night.If u care about room view, i won't recommend 'garden view' ones.
Food was nice, and varied.
what I like the most is the beach and pool sides, the pool is very large and clean,also the sea side is nice and long enough to have a walk, which is not always the case in Ain Sokhna...water sports available (e.x.banana boat..).
Overall,though a short stay but liked it.

Room Tip: try the sea or pool view, don't take the garden one.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed in a double bedroom. The room furniture looked very cheap and not clean enough. The toilet I had to clean with disinfectant because I didn't feel like using it without cleaning first. I asked for an extra bed, a man came from house keeping and rearranged the beds as I requested and got me the extra bad which was terrible. Then a while later the same man came knocking on my door with another one telling me that they should have not got me the extra bed without the order coming from the reception first and we have to call the reception. We called the reception which my husband called before again but this time a lady replied not the man who answered before and she spoke in a nervous tone. She said I should have known first and I should have given the order to get the extra bed but housekeeping didn't wait for her orders. I said this is an internal issue you resolve together I asked for extra bed and I got it now and you know now so end of subject I suppose. She asked to talk to her staff in housekeeping so I gave him the phone to be shocked when he hang up to tell me that he will take the extra bed back and wait for her orders to get it for me. I refused and asked them to leave the room. after a while he came back and knocked on my door again and said again that he has to take the bed back or it will be deducted off his salary! I was nervous this time and I said no one is taking anything back and I don't want anyone talking to me about this issue again and asked them to resolve their internal issue without causing me headache about it. We already called the reception and said we wanted an extra bed, the internal work cycle is not my concern and it is not my fault someone got me the bed skipping a step in his workflow!! my husband went to the reception and told them basically the same. It was hectic and consumed out of my time and proved they all are so repulsive and they don't know how to treat guests.

I will never recommend this place to anyone and it is too expensive for the quality of service they offer.

2  Thank Dohashawki
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This Hotel is perfect in every thing, food, Pool , Beach and staff.
I work in Ain Sukhna so i used to have dinner in this hotel and our last gathering there was great where our company arranged a very beautiful and friendly (Fitar) and we all were pleased.

Room Tip: Choose Pool with sea View.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2012

this Hotel is considered my third visit to it , i have to say i consider it one of the best in Ain Soukna , always crowded in weekends and especially Fridays always fully booked , the SPA is good but there are some downsides of the hotel they really have to work on it , the entertainment in the evening is considered more than boring , the Disco the DJ needs to update his music and they need to stop letting kids enter .
The food they need to put more variety yet the quality is very good really , and the animation team was really good and they were friendly .
The room was nice clean , no complains about that .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2012

nice view and calm place to chill out but I checked in 45 minute late with no towels and asked for a lot of things in the room with some missing like the bath towels and waiting too long to get some.

staff was nice but I beleive they are not enough, pool was too loud @ Firday night so the was the room, furnuture was bit old and floor wasn't covered or cleanded within my stay.

elevators was so far from the rooms so prepare to carry all your lugguges for beach, baby stroller and other towels you may need.

open buffet is very good indeed while the desserts was so bad, staff was not enough, tables wasn't ready, view for the restaurant was very good.

Animation team was very delightful and smiling, activites for kids was great and I loved it.

overall impression for me it's not enough to be a 5 star hotel and not the best in class.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

i have stayed in double room, it was OK neither bad nor good. but i do have some issues with the following.
1) Staff were not pro. some of them are really helpful with a smile and others are not -felt like pray for GOD that i have served you-

2) I had no "Do Not Disturb"/"Make up my room" in the Room, which led to the house keeping waken me up 9:00 AM even they entered the room while am inside.

3) No Kettle in the Room, and the Minibar is empty.

4) a friend of mine called a room service for a small spoon, they told him there is a 5 LE charge for delivering the spoon -hilarious- he went to the restaurant and got it free of charge.

5) The Kids pool floor was made of rough ground so that if a child slipped he/she will be injured, my daughter injured her knees.

6) The food was good.

7) The beach was some how clean, but the beach volley court had some stones in the sands and i got myself injured while am playing. so beware.

8) There is a cool spot at night by the sea if you would like to have Shisha.

Room Tip: Do Not book the Rooms that near the park. as there is a cafe next to Hotel entrance that play loud m...
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I had a Deluxe room with a nice view, but the rooms had no irons or kettles. My sister-in-law got another Deluxe room that had a huge palm tree blocking her view. The idea of a Deluxe room is that you get to have a view, but there wasn't any. She asked for another room, they couldn't find her another triple room, so they put her in a double room & got her an extra bed, which was a terrible one.

Anyway, the next day I tried using the pool, but they had this policy of not allowing long swimming suits in the pool. I kept trying to reason with them, that this is a swimming suit, made of the same fabric as other swimming suits & it's hygiene & everything, but no luck. It sounded like a discrimination against Muslim female guests. I felt terribly offended, especially when they argued that it's not a nice scene for tourists to see!! They said I could only use the beach but not the pool. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone.

8  Thank m250682