“Friendly staff”

Movenpick Resort El Sokhna
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Ain Sukhna
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Overall very nice hotel, especially friendliness of the staff. The restaurant is great and staff is really helpful and welcoming

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank OShexx
AASSAAD, Manager at Movenpick Resort El Sokhna, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Dear valued Guest,

Sunny greetings from Mövenpick Resort El Sokhna.

It was a pleasure welcoming you at our resort and we would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your positive experiences on this site. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay and that we were able to meet up with your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for your next visit in the not too distant future.

Amr Assaad

Write a ReviewReviews (1,586)

Reviewed November 2, 2011

My wife and children used the Movenpick during the day whilst I worked on a villa we have nearby for 4 days at the end of October.

The hotel is in a lovely location with a beautiful beach and if you are lucky you will see dolphins swimming up and down at some point.

The animation team (got to mention Adham!!!) were great with the children and kept them occupied during the day.

Amr, the general manager was also very very helpful and the overall experience of the hotel was fantastic

2  Thank philphil64
AASSAAD, Manager at Movenpick Resort El Sokhna, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Dear Andrew,

Sunny greetings from Mövenpick Resort El Sokhna,

Surely, if you, your friends or any of your family members would like to spend your holiday with Mövenpick El Sokhna, I would be delighted to attend to any of your request personally.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

It was the first time for me to stay at El Sokhna for a weekend and we stayed at Movenpick, it was a really a beautiful vacation, I will try to summarize here the best parts.

1. The staff: Really friendly, kind, cheerful and helpful in every way, you feel they do care that you are happy during your stay as if they own the place, they are not just people doing their job.

2. The pool: Inside the pool you are enjoying the bar plus a beautiful view of the sea, do I need to say more?? :)

3. The sea: The water is very very clean and the beach and sand are very nice. It has a beach volley ball net.

4. Medical Treatment: I needed medical treatment for a small issue when I was at the beach, Mr. Ali was there and really helped in a very professional and kind manner.

5. The Main Restaurant: The food was very very very delicious, specially the dinner, was better than the breakfast. Really I liked the dinner a lot, maybe it just needs more desert options.

6. AND FINALLY AND ABOVE ALL THE ANIMATION TEAM WAS AWESOOOOMMMMEEE: I think they are one of the best animation teams ever, they are 4, Adham, Magdy, Karim and Mido. They are really friendly, energetic, fun to be with, charismatic and they really love what they are doing, the kids and my baby daughter loved them. They really spread the fun in the hotel, in the morning at the beach and the pool and at night with the kids shows. I really think they are one of the main points why we enjoyed this trip that much.

These points are what I can remember now, I really recommend it for everyone, specially those who have little kids.

2  Thank Sherif m
AASSAAD, Manager at Movenpick Resort El Sokhna, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2011

Dear Mr. Sherif,

Sunny Greetings from Mövenpick Resort El Quseir

We were delighted to read that you had very much enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind words about our team, which we shall happily pass onto them.

Once again thank you for having shared your views about our team, the food and facilities with the many people who read the reviews on Trip Advisor.

All our team joins us in looking forward to welcoming you back again for your next visit.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

I consider myself as a regular guest in Movenpick El Sokhna, I try to always find some time most probably during weekends to go and relax there. But this last time was really different and that’s what encouraged me to write my second review about the hotel.
From the moment I walked in to the reception, I easily noticed the difference. The reception’s staff was very professional, friendly and warm. The room was perfect as usual with the nicest view you can ever see in Sokhna.
Staff in the pool and the beach was very kind, active and professional.
I wrote a negative comment before about the food and the restaurant (concerning quality and cleanliness), this time I found that the food was better and the cleanliness level was very much enhanced. A new staff was hired in the restaurant and they were also very professional and I would like to specially thank Ms. Inas for her kindness.
I guess it is very well known now that Movenpick El Sokhna has the best animation team in Egypt. The team members are exceptionally, full of energy and life and they had a tremendous capability to spread joy, energy and happiness everywhere. They treat all kids in a very nice and kind way and they have a unique way to let every single guest feel how special he is. Thank you Adham, Karim, Mido and Magdy.
Finally, I would like to convey my deepest appreciation and respect to Mr. Amr Asaad who is the secret behind all the positive changes I mentioned above. I am expecting that the hotel will be much more enhanced during the coming period under his management.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank May R
AASSAAD, Manager at Movenpick Resort El Sokhna, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Dear Mrs. May

Sunny greeting from Moevenpick Resort El Sokhna.

We were really pleased to read that you had very much enjoyed your visit to our Resort and that you found everything as you would expect in a 5 star hotel.

All our team looks forward to welcoming you back for your next visit in the not too distant future.

Thanks and best regards

Reviewed October 24, 2011

I was stay in Moevenpick Resort El Sokhna last weekend

It was an amazing holiday for a lot of reason :
1.on the above of them they have animation team for entertainment Mr.Mido,Mr.Adham & Mr.Kareem very very nice nice show for adult & for kids we have so much fun it really made our holiday, all of them very talent. REALLY WELL DONE TEAM

2. The pool gured is very polit & service is very clean Mr.Abd Elnabi nickname ( bakar ) :)
3. The pool waiters very very good & very quick service Mr.Mohamed & Mr.Mina.
4. El-Gezirah grill restaurant & bar very nice service.
4. The reciprion employee all of them is very hospitality with great smile.

The only thing was moderate & not excellent as every time is the food in the basic resturant

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank marwa a

Dear Ms. Marwa,

Sunny greetings from Mövenpick Resort El Sokhna,

We are very pleased that you had very much enjoyed your stay with us and that you had found all aspects of your stay to be very good.

We have noted your comment and will be discussed with the department heads concerned in order to take the necessary corrective action.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

All over it was nice, very nice view, i liked very much the pool design which looks like a one part with the sea, animation team was great (specially Magdy & Adham), they are always sheerful , helpful and willing to make you happy and enjoying specially with my kid.
Reception team was helpful, with very fast respond for our requests.
SPA team, the girl was not some one to encourage you to go, or being a good seller for her place.
Many thx for the F&B mgr who allowed us to make a special celebration for my husband's birthday, however i've a big comment on the food of the hotel, food on the beach was very bad, dinner buffet was very poor specially that this is a 5 stars hotel, i expected to be with more varities & better taste.

3  Thank salwaaly

Dear Mrs. Salwa Aly,

Sunny greetings from Mövenpick Resort El Sokhna,

We are very pleased that you had very much enjoyed your stay with us and that you had found all aspects of your stay to be excellent.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

I'd been to Moevenpick Resort El Sokhna for 4 Nights , i will try as much as i can to be fair with my review . The Hotel as over all is good , however it is not a 5 Stars as quoted .

I'd been there during the ( Week-Days ) , the hotel was almost empty , which is not so bad i had a good attention from the staff ,

Location :
Very near to cairo , 45 mins almost to be there . Its an excellent City Escape as i believe
In a very short time you find yourself on the Sea Side away from the city .

Staff Evaluation :

Animation Team :
- Special Thanks to Magdy , Mido , Kareem and all the other members its one of the best Animation teams i met during my trips ..they had really made my stay cheerful and they always brought a smile to my small family and my son . " Thank You "

Restaurant Staff :
Very good service and they were always trying to help and cooperate as much as they can
although they were limited with the Chief Orders ( Will be covered later )

Rooms Service / Room Maintenance :
Excellent so far , they maintained the cleanliness of the room all day and i had a problem in the room and when i asked for Maintenance they came in 10 min

Restaurant / Food Quality :
Well, i wont deny the food was good , even one day they told me it will be a set-menu however the food was still good .

Recreation Team :
One of the team members was impolite and spoke to us in a very bad way that had an impact on my wife's mood during the vacation and i had seriously escalated his attitude to the Hotel Executive Assistant Manager ( Amr Asaad) , As i already said in a 5 Stars Hotel you should never have such an attitude and disrespect ! , This was the only NEGATIVE we had seen during the stay

Management Team :
Thanks to (Amr Assad) Executive Assistant Manager , he had completely understood my concerns on his Staff attitude and he promised us that we will never see such an attitude once again and we did not . Thanks for your apologies

Beach and Pool :
Excellent and Clean and Properly managed .

Front Desk / Reservation :
We had a Free Upgrade to Deluxe Rooms , Thank you guys !

Again and before i end my review i would like to Thank the Animation Team for making our life easier and for their support and understanding of our concerns during the problem we had . ( Thanks for Making my us Happy )

3  Thank W0OkieE
AASSAAD, Manager at Movenpick Resort El Sokhna, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

Dear Mr. Ahmed,

We thank you for having taken the time to write a comment. We are very pleased that you had very much enjoyed your stay with us. Comments like yours encourage us to strive even further for the highest standard possible at all times.

Rest assured that your comments have been taken seriously and will be discussed with the department heads concerned in order to take the necessary corrective action.

Again thank you for your patronage, and we look forward welcoming you again soon to your 'Second Home' Mövenpick El Sokhna.