“Very Disappointed”

Movenpick Resort El Sokhna
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Ain Sukhna
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We were three families altogether...we usually book at Stella di Mare but decided to go to Movenpick instead in order to try a new hotel but unfortunately we were all very disapppointed from our visit there...

The rooms are adequately furnished but the TV was not an LCD and the room service was bad and overly priced....the rooms were not cleaned properely everyday...

The restuarant has a very small space for indoors and most of the residents are forced to sit outdoors...there are many flies inside the restuarant and the food selection is very limited and mostly fish....moreover, the breakfast buffet is very poor compared to the other hotels...we all had bad stomach aches after the first day of our stay....

There is a lot of landscape in the hotel and the pool is located close to the beach and our rooms were located in the main hotel building so we had to walk for about 10-15 mins (as we had two small children with us) and the weather was extremely hot so we had to stay till about 3 pm before we can go to the pool....the pool itself was very small compared to the hotel size and the the swimsuit regualtions were not closely monitored as many people swam without wearing the proper swimming attire...

Finally, I would like to comment that we were very disappointed from our visit and would not repeat the visit to this hotel again...

1  Thank diamonds310
Write a ReviewReviews (1,573)

Reviewed July 26, 2011

Pros.
- Nice infinity Pool
- Good location & Landscape
Cons.
- V. bad management & stuff
- V. poor & unclean buffet
- Bad & careless animation personnel (only 1 person for animation & activities)

All these lead to very rude guests visiting an unsuccessfull hotel managed by unqualified stuff. I was forced to get my kids out of the pool after 2 rude guests started to quarrel inside the pool using the lowest words I have ever heard.
Simply go to another hotel. I myself moved to Cancun after 2 nights.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank AbO_eLsHo2
Reviewed July 25, 2011

A couple of nights there & we couldn't bear more! Cons to mention:
1. Cleanliness is a big issue all around. Room towels are dirty, flying insects all around the restaurant. We had to take our breakfast outdoors to avoid flies. My wife asked the manager once: do you know what is the worst comment about you on TripAdvisor? he proudly replied: yes, the flies!!
2. Food is a misery, both breakfast & dinner! Very cheap ingredients, inedible meat and of course you have to forget about freshness.
3. Service problem. I don't know where did they can get such a staff .. and for a 5 stars hotel! inattentive, poorly trained and they simply don't care.
4. If you love the beach, you won't be able to use it because it's very dirty. Stick to the pool.
5. No LCDs, normal 21" TVs.
Talking about the PROs:
1. Nice pool, big, and well-located, but its facilities are far from a 5 star hotel, merely a club pool.
1. A couple of singer on the pool during weekend nights, Ahmed & Marwa. They sing very well.
2. Vast gardens, with pleasant views.
Conclusion: A 5 star shame! I don't recommend it at all. You don't get what you pay for!

Room Tip: if u have kids & going to get a deluxe, choose from the room range 200x to have garden access.
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I spent with my family 2 nights, and I had the following comments:
1. Food is terrible, no taste and we had to ask about refill and the couver availability !!!
2. Flying bugs are everywhere on food.
3. The Style of waiters is very poor and the service itself.
4. Rooms are rated "to me" 3 stars.
4. Pool and beatch are not clean.
I think there's no auditing for this hotel as it will take just three stars.

1  Thank Nermo_74
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I went thier twice during july, the view was very nice, the rooms are not expectional as some equipments need to be fixed, the shore is very nice expect to the stones and the jelly fish, the pool was amazing

The resturant was very bad in my two trips, alot of flys were in the surrounding, some food was rotten like "Papa Janog". , there are no varities and most of the the iteams were " white beans", "Homos", "fried potato", " very bad kofta" and very traditional grilled chicken, there was no thing of what had been servied to be distinguished.

Not all the resturant staff were too nice, only " Hassan" who aslo sereve on the swimming pool and peach was very helpful and polite. the reception staff were very cold
also there was bazar owned by Mr.saber, thanks to him he was supportive and very nice with the kids

I was too sick in my last day their and i called the doctor, and he came nad examined me without any medical equipments ! even he wasn't carry thermometer!!!!!!!! and i was having very hightempreature and very severe irritation in my throat and he only wrote congetsal and prophin for me and i payed him 130le!!!!!! and i didn't get cured and i had to go to another doctoer when i went back home and he wrote me antibautique.

during my sickness day in the hotel, no one cares! no one asked to bring me the food at room! they were too carless indeed!!

I think this hotel can be more better if there was a strong system, managment and a better staff... i hope to visit el gouna Movenpick resort to forget my bad memories at el sokhnaa!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Just came back from Moevenpick yesterday. Although we used to spend many weekends in Stella Di Mari which I see it to be great where we enjoyed every time we been there. This time out of a change we decided to try a new resort in Sokhna, and building on the famous international brand, unfortunately we selected Moevenpick as an alternative. At its worst we thought that if not better it would never be less than the local chain Stella Di Mari.

Once entering to the reception we were astonished, the reception was very small for not a 5 stare hotel but even for a 4 stare hotel and may be most appropriate for an Inn or a motel. The main restaurant is almost in the reception. From this moment I knew that this is no way a Moevenpick hotel, and prepared myself for the worst to avoid any more disappointments.

Rooms: Superior rooms’ corridor is above the reception and the restaurant, when you sit in the rooms’ balcony you will feel that you are sitting with the gusts having their meals in the restaurant outdoor area

Regardless of some maintenance problem in the bathroom and the floor, the rooms is quite nice, modern furnished with normal TV not LCD.

Swimming Pool: This is the only positive thing in this resort and which made me made a poor overall rating rather than terrible. Regardless of the surrounding pool facilities which are far far away from a 4 stare hotel, the pool (stand alone) is simply amazing with its mountain and sea view, the pool is built so that the sea is almost surrounding it, you will feel that you are in the sea while you are swimming in the pool. Of course the pool bare is very primitive, as well as the surrounding fittings.

Restaurant: Till now I can’t imagine how terrible breakfast was, I swear a primitive 3 stare hotel may have a better one, plates were not clean, bread was not fresh and may be 3-4 days old, flays all over the food, we ask for strawberry jam, yogurts, which were not available, the lowest cheese quality with no variety, in general the worst breakfast buffet I ever had. Dinner; no big difference but little bit better

To summary, this is not a 5 or even 4 star hotel; you can go there for a day use, to only use the pool without getting in touch with any other of the hotel facilities because simply it could spoil up your vacation. If you are planning for a vacation with a 5 stare service, absolutely this is not the place

2  Thank Islam_Barakat
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We have booked for the hotel from 26 -30 June 2001 & we didn't think too much of the hotel as its Moevenpick 5 stars hotel . But we were shocked of humble entrance of the hotel & the much flies in the hotel specially in the restaurant beside the bad service in there .
The beach was so dirty, to the extent that we have changed our plans to use the swimming pool instead which wasn't that great different .

Our room wasn't that good as everything in the bathroom .
We finally decided to check out next day & go to Stella .

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family