“Very impressed. Value for money”
Review of Club Mykonos

Club Mykonos
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Langebaan
“Very impressed. Value for money”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to the West Coast and Mykonos was certainly a great choice. We were there during the week of Christmas. We stayed in a 6 sleeper Kaliva on the 2nd floor. Since arriving, we recieved a lot of assistance and the porters were really helpful.
The property is ideal for kids and they were kept busy most of the day. There is so much to do at Mykonos. We didn't get time to explore the West Coast, but we've managed to visit Paternoster and we got some fresh Lobster.

The Kaliva is very neat and are being cleaned daily (except Christmas day and Sunday). I loved the braai on the balcony.

One dissapointment was Bazoukis restaurant. We waited 2 hours to get 2 pizzas. I recommend people rather visit Pearly's on the main beach in Langebaan. The staff at Bazoukis is unfriendly, but I think its because they are grossly under staffed.

I will certainly return to Club Mykonos soon. Thanks for a memorable holiday.

Stayed December 2013
ClubMyk, Manager at Club Mykonos, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your positive review.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us over the Christmas period.

It is upsetting to hear of the poor services received at Bouzouki. Your feedback will be forwarded onto the manger for urgent attention.

Thank you once again for the feedback and we hope to you welcome you and your family back to the resort in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Thai first
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed January 14, 2014

When we booked in to Club Mykonos over the Christmas week. we where all given green armbands to wear for the duration of our stay. Can't say this impressed me to much as I felt as though I was wearing a hospital tagl. (You can't take these off, so they go with you wherever you go.) Apart from that the resort itself is really beautiful and it really does give you the feeling of being in Greece with plenty of photo ops. We stayed in a third storey, 2 bedroom Kaliva (apartment) and had an amazing ocean view, I loved the fact that we had a braai (barbeque) area on the balcony as well. I unfortunately was not extremely impressed by the room itself, (it looked nothing like the photos on the website) it is seriously dated and in desperate need of an upgrade. That being said, it still had it's charm, beds were comfortable, kitchen was well equipped and the bathrooms were clean and we always had fresh towels. The resort does accommodate for all age groups, has a lot of activities in and around the area including a casino, kids club, an indoor heated pool as well as several outdoor pools. There are a number of onsite restaurants overlooking the marina. I personally feel that this resort is best tended toward either big family reunions or larger groups. I also feel that the place is a little overrated, I can't understand all the hype around it, it is nice but not great. Unfortunately It did not blow me away or leave me with that fond longing you have when you leave from a holiday.

Room Tip: Try to get a sea facing room, otherwise you are just staring into someone else's room across a s...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kimee777
ClubMyk, Manager at Club Mykonos, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your review.

The resort offers a variety of accommodation options namely the three star options (MyCascades & Terraces) as well as the four star preferred option. The preferred units have all recently been refurbished and have received Highly Recommended status from AA. The three star options are very comfortable, but have not been refurbished and look very different to the preferred units.

Should you wish to visit the resort again we would suggest giving the preferred units a try you may find them to meet your expectations more fully.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We booked into Club Mykonos yesterday. The reception staff was polite,but def not friendly. The security guards at both gates was just as terrible. Not friendly or helpfull at all. We then parked our car &on our way to our kaliva we asked a gentleman (also clothed in Club Mykonos clothes) which way to our room. He litterally didnt even look up he just pointed his finger in the direction for us to go. For us, that just got to this beautiful resort it was shocking that the personnel so unfriendly. Club Mykonos is a stunning resort. Its beautiful from every side that u look at it. It's childfriendly & an absolute must to stay in and experience,but their staff definetely needs to get a wake up call &realise they work at a world class establishment. In saying that about the staff there was one lady that really stood out. She came &checked our room before we left this morning & she was such a pleasure. Absolutely friendly&chatty& just a friendly breeze to be around. She did the resort proud. Club Mykonos is def a wonderful resort&i would recommend it to anyone who wants to experience a bit of Greece in South Africa.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank VerRaj
ClubMyk, Manager at Club Mykonos, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review for our resort. We are deeply saddened to hear that our staff did not express the correct level of friendliness. It is of vital importance that this be corrected. Any further information that could assist us in identifying the staff in question would be greatly appreciated. If possible please contact our Guest Services manager on ops1@clubmykonos.co.za.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I'm currently staying at the resort with a few hours to go until check out and cannot wait to leave already. I paid an arm and leg which I expected as its peak season but I cannot help but feel that I was ripped off. At reception we were instructed to wear green arm bands at all times. My nephew lost his fishing in the lagoon on our second day and could not get a replacement as he did not have the lost one to return.....it was lost.... but I did not worry as I observed that all the rules are not worth the paper they are written on. My nephew stayed at the resort the entire week without anyone checking that he was not wearing a band, nor anyone else who wasn't and roaming around. I also observed more than the max number of adult occupants allowed in almost each and every Kaliva
I could view from mine. I also observed how people visiting the casino had easy access to all the facilities at the resort, free of charge. In fact, I met a group of people who were staying at Helios and walked into the resort and used the facilities daily for the entire duration of my stay. If I had known no checks were actually conducted when checking in, I would also have invited more people along and obviously get away with it.
I realise this is a resort but the noise levels from 7am untillate at night was just too much to bear and I'm heading home in a few hours feeling more tired than when I arrived on 23 Dec. I'm staying in a ground floor unit but every chair that's moved or child that jumps off a bed upstairs echoes in my room.
I think the management team turns a blind eye to issues that are blatant, it didn't take me more than a day to observe all of this. The place is designed to accommodate a certain amount of people. Surely you would have seen it was over crowded or are your only interests 100% occupancy throughout the year?
For a third of the cost, I could also buy a Groupon deal but not even for a third of the cost would I come here again. For a resort that boasts accolades , your ship is very poorly run. I definitely won't return, even when I get emailed dozens of Groupon deals.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank R H
ClubMyk, Manager at Club Mykonos, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for writing this review on our resort. It is disappointing that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

We do understand that during the festive season the hustle and bustle of a resort as large as ours can be a bit overwhelming, but unfortunately with Langebaan being the popular destination that it is people do tend to flock here.

Every effort is made to ensure that all facets of running this resort during this peak period are implemented as absolutely as possible. Feedback from our guests is invaluable in assisting us in improving the services that we offer to our guests, and we encourage open communication through any one of our contact mediums.

We would like to be afforded the opportunity to discuss your experiences in more detail and request that you please contact our Guest Services manager on ops1@clubmykonos.co.za.
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed December 24, 2013

This resort on the west coast of South Africa resembles a Greek village. The resort is well managed and the accommodation neat and clean. There is a small boat harbour offering mooring facilities and various boat trips on the Langebaan Lagoon. There are on-site restaurants, poolside and beach bars as well as a casino. A great resort for family holidays offering facilities for all age groups.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mamagos
ClubMyk, Manager at Club Mykonos, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will continue to put in every effort in order to ensure that the offerings we provide to our guests are of the best possible standard.
Cape Town
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The good news: beach is right there, staff is friendly, plenty facilities to keep you occupied.

The bad news: run down facilities, terrible room furnishings, resort shabby and run down, outdated, needs a massive overhaul, restaurants absolutely terrible! Disturbingly overpriced!!

We were very disappointed and couldn't wait to leave. Don't waste your money - rather travel a tiny bit further and stay somewhere in Paternoster - it has so much more to offer.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Lara L
ClubMyk, Manager at Club Mykonos, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for your review Lara. We are very disappointed to hear that you found the resort to be run down as we have spent a great deal on refurbishing the facilities over the past three years. In addition to this our upgraded rooms we have received 4 star grading from the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa. We would love to discuss your stay in more detail, please contact us on pro@clubmykonos.co.za.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My partner and I took advantage of a groupon special (£499.00 for 1 night stay for up to 4 people and 2 kids) and we booked for Monday 11th. We arrived early as we wanted to make the most of the day (check-in normally 4pm but there was no issues when we got there at 2pm). Our apartment was great, however it was time consuming to have to do the inventory as if anything is missing they charge you (we had an ice tray missing) but I suppose in the end its worth it.

We found that there was not much to do as most of the restaurants were closed and I would recommend that you dont go on a Monday otherwise phone and find out what entertainment is on. I was told that during the summer there is activities going throughout the day and week.

We still had a nice time relaxing in the pool (I would suggest this is made into a heated pool as it got cold once the sun went down).

I would say that this is a place to visit in the summer rather than the other seasons.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vebs32
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langebaan
Athenian Cascades
#1 of 6 in Langebaan
Langebaan Country Estate
Langebaan Country Estate
#3 of 32 in Langebaan

Been to Club Mykonos? Share your experiences!