“Great stay at a quaint Hotel”

The Farmhouse Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Langebaan
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My two week stay at this Hotel was quite enjoyable.

The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant and made me feel truly welcomed.

The in-room fireplace gave the room an authentic cozy feel of a farmhouse.

Would recommend as a destination for someone looking for a peaceful time away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Jake B, General Manager at The Farmhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Hi Felix,
Many thanks for revieiwing our hotel too. I know you also reviewed the resraurant. It would seem that you soaked up the full expereince at the hotel and long stay guests are able to really get into the "Farmhouse Mode". Many thanks for your support.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

The farmhouse poses a blast from the past. A setting that brings back memories of coastal living relating back to the late 18 century, furnished with a coal stove and a view to kill for

The wind tapping on the door just amplifies the scene set on the west coast

The staff are ready to help, and the fact that they prepared my food in a strictly halaal manner is impressive, knowing that the respect multi cultures

Room Tip: Choose the room with a view :)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Jake B, General Manager at The Farmhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Mohammed,
The Farmhouse caters for all cultures and makes no judgement. We are glad that you were made to feel at home and that you, like so many, Enjoyed the Farmhouse feel. See you again soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed at Rose Cottage (4 Adults in 2 double rooms) for a relaxing beach weekend with my wife and toddler, plus 2 friends from the United States. We all liked the cottage very much, very quaint! It had every thing you needed, including a great Braai with fire wood in place in a secure private yard. Very clean accommodation and very central in town to pubs and restaurants. One block back from the beach too! Parking space for two cars, plus you had use of the Hotels pool and cosy restaurant, plus bar 2 minutes away by car. Would book again. Great Valve for Langebaan area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Kev,
I know you also reviewed our restaurant so would like to thank you for reviewing the hotel too. Rosemary cottage forms part of our west coast villa portfolio. The cottages on main are very popular and as you mentioned have a great location. I am glad you and your guests had a good time and I have no doubt we will see you back soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Absolutely love staying in Speelhuis in Langebaan! The accommodation is fantastic and it is great value for money.

Hospitable staff rounds the overall experience off nicely.

Would definitely recommend this for any couple wanting to spend some quality time away from home!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst on business! Comfortable and convenient! Service was average which was dissapointing as the rest of my stay was good. Rooms are great ( a bit noisy as I was above the dinning area), clean linen and bedding. Overall, a good hotel! I would come back.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank TrezSouthAfrica

Hi Trez,
Many thanks for the review. The room you took is very popular amongst business men and is often booked. We do market the room as slightly noisy but also maek all efforts to keep that noise to a minimum. From a service point of view we would like you to have experienced the levels which we work so hard to drive. If the service was below your expectation we will do our best to improve it on your next stay.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Family rented both Lavender (6 person cottage) and myself and partner Lemon Studio Cottage both self catering which is a little distance from the main hotel

Pros:- excellent and well appointed cottages, Cleanliness of building, provisions/utilities and linens within the cottage, great location for main shops/restaurants

Cons:- noisy first thing in the morning, no pool access (at hotel), lavender cottage was missing outdoor lighting in the conservatory, service is terrible and and aggravation to pay them in the first place (need to pay before you arrive).

We arrived after travelling a long time (4 hours) to find that they told me I still owed them half the payment. I explained that they had asked me for this a week before we arrived despite telling me i could pay when i got there. If it's their policy to take full payment before we arrived, why tell me I still owed it?!

Long story short, my family also had issues as they changed bank account details and the initial experience before we actually got to relax was stressful.

Overall, the cottages do make up for the lack of service though so we may well stay there again but be warned about the booking/payment process....

Room Tip: Hire one of the cottages for self catering!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank L0ves2Travel83
Jake B, General Manager at The Farmhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Hi Loves2travel,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our cottages but saddened that your holiday had to start with a low. It seems to me that there was lack of communication between my staff. We are trying to get full payment up front for all our cottages now as we have installed a key safe allowing guests to go straight to the properties and not have to trek all the way to the hotel to pay first. I apologise that you seemed to be caught in the middle of the confusion but am happy that overall you would consider a return. I have noted your other points and always do my best to make sure the next guest never experiences the same mistakes.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

A studio directly over the Paradise Beach made our week end stay a memory to treasure forever. Perfectly appointed, sparkling clean and fully self catering this piece of heaven is a must! The balcony with its almost full day sun allowed for a very welcome late summer suntan session and the learner paddle board riders provided the entertainment.. Long walks on the completely private beach with the local joy filled Labradors was a treat... I cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: Choose Speelhuis!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Scrap,
It would seem you soaked up everything that our studios were designed for. The close proximity to the beach allowing ease of access for romantic walks with Ben, our resident dog, in hot pursuit.The studios were designed to be modern but simple and easy to maintain taking into account the harsh conditions near the ocean.
We are glad you enjoyed it and would love to have you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langebaan
Club Mykonos
#2 of 2 in Saldanha
Windtown Lagoon Hotel
Windtown Lagoon Hotel
#1 of 6 in Langebaan

Been to The Farmhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!