We stayed here with "Magic of Lapland" The hotel has an ok family feel but the food was poor. Every morning we had no hot food in the buffet, just the odd hot sausage and some days porridge but the porridge tasted dreadful as they mix LOTS of salt with it. We asked if we could have some without salt and they were not flexible enough to do it, all we got was a "No"
They did nothing special for Xmas and there was hardly any festive decorations at all and Xmas day was disappointing. Dinner was the same as previous days, mainly cold food with a little bit of hot veg and meat.
The cabin was tiny with 2 single beds and a double mattress on the floor in the loft area upstairs. For the money we paid we were quite disappointed. However the cabin was new and very clean.
No internet access just in the main building but there is no area to sit and relax and lounge on a sofa etc. to surf. You have to sit at a dinner table.
Overall poor experience, We wont return here sadly. Main points of disappointment,
1) No festive spirit considering it was Christmas
2) Poor choice of food available
3) Staff not very friendly
4) Poor TV channels available - Not that we came here to watch TV but the time of year we were here we had just 3-4 hours of daylight and there was nothing else to do at night!
7) No facilities for children.
6) NOTHING special planned or offered on Christmas Eve or Day.
Disappointing, save your money and go elsewhere :(
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel YllasHumina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel YllasHumina Finland/Akaslompolo, Lapland