Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM

from $160.90
from $222.00
from $142.60
1,976 results
All reviews lake geneva audio guide beautiful castle the bus swiss pass couple of hours lord byron two hours middle ages entrance fee interesting history well worth the visit free entry own pace chateau rooms switzerland
Reviewed 1 week ago

I love antiquity and European castles in particular. While visiting friends in Geneva I had the opportunity to take a day trip to the Alps. My guide suggested we stop at Castle Chillon on the way to Grindelwald. I'm so glad we did. I'm not going to try to describe it. Just know that, if you are a fan ages past, Chillon is a must see. Stand on the spot where Lord Byron carved his name into the wall in the dungeon, so the story goes. Don't miss this walk through history. Very cool!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is an amazing tour. Although billed as a chateau, it gives you a great example of real life in a castle (not for me). Self-guided, it is a long hike and loads of stairs and totally worth it. You'll see stuff you see nowhere else. Every room is a nice surprise and they take you up to the top a few times where you get great views of Montreaux and Lake Geneva. It's a lot of fun and easy to access from Geneva or Lausanne by train and bus. (don't let that stop you - they make it easy and signage is everywhere. Buy tickets for bus/train/castle at the ticket counter in the train station)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stunning place.
Beware you will take loads of photos, I got carried away with just how much there was to look at and made myself a bit late!
Beautiful views from windows.
Probably not suitable for disabled as you would be limited to what you can see,
loads of stairs, some of which are quite narrow and some areas are uneven.

My only complaint was I should have got in free of charge as I had a swiss pass, (we were told it would give us free entry to museums and half price rail fares), some of our group who visited in the morning got in free whilst the group who went in afternoon had to pay! Having said that there was so much to see, I wouldn't have missed it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

From the outside, the walls and defenses of chillon are quite impressive, but as you walk under the gates and enter the outer courtyard, this place hits you with how impressive it is.

If you are a fan of tales of knights and castles, this is definitely a place you need to visit. The guide was tremendous, the castle is amazing and there is so much to see and do here.

This is a do not miss site.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great attraction! Well laid out with a pamphlet to self guide. Very easy to follow. Offered great view. Really impressed with the set up.

1  Thank mansard1819
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We came on the sunny day, as a day trip from Neuchatel. It is great Castle. A lot of new to learn. Pristine waters on Geneva Lake. A lot of tourists. But they come in waves on the buses. ))
Our suggestions are climb the main tower and go down to basement (shadows show, fun for kids).

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We made our way there by boat from Vevey so had the view from the lake which was sensational. The castle itself was interesting for the history but the beauty is in the location and approaches , however well worth the visit. Public transport system is easy and reliable so no need for expensive private tours

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place is a real gem. It is my personal feeling that a visit to a landmark can be limited in that the visitor is shuttled through a few rooms with everything roped off. This venue is amazing because it feels like they give you access to every corner of it. I really feel like we explored the place. Our son is very young and the tour kept his attention. The venue had the right mix of information and things to see. There were free multilingual pamphlets that explained every room in the castle. The tour has an additional reward with beautiful views of the lake. Young kids can feel free to explore without fear of touching things and getting into trouble.
The condition of the place is amazing. The venue is well preserved and everything looks authentic. It’s note just a stone castle. The rooms are all set up differently in an engaging way. I would highly recommend the venue for anyone.
Some of the tour could be limited to people with disabilities. The top levels of the tour require climbing some stairs but everything is well built. If you have a chance. Drink the wine from the chateau. It’s delicious and they sell it to fund the upkeep of the venue. Great place ! Thank you . We will always remember it. I’m

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This Chateau has some fascinating ( and somewhat dark) history and well worth a visit if you are in the area. Some of the lake views from the windows are simply worth experiencing. We took a bus which is available on free with Montreux Pass. There is entrance fees applicable to the Chateau.

Reviewed October 12, 2018

The castle was fantastic and mind blowing that reminds me Winterfell in game of thrones, with a spectacular blue lake,