“Good first night in Spain!”
Review of Hotel Borrell

Hotel Borrell
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Olot
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was my first night in a hotel outside of one of Spain's big cities, and it just shows what good value things are outside of big cities.

The hotel rooms were comfortable with a large bath, the breakfast was great value with lots of variety (even cakes and chocolate), and all of the staff spoke good English and were very friendly. The hotel is just off the main road into town, but it is quiet. We didn't use the hotel car park (owing to stories read about it being a tight squeeze getting into it, and it is indeed rather a strange arrangement), instead there are spaces on the back street to use which are free.

Would go again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed in the Hotel Borrell for two nights (4th to 6th May) though I had messed our booking up - I had booked 3rd to 5th of May by mistake through Booking.com. The hotel staff were very understanding and we ended up only paying for the two nights we stayed

The hotel was extremely nice with a very clean and modern room and although we did not take breakfast there we found the facilities and parking to be very good. the car park is next to the hotel down a steep bank but very accessible. There was traffic noise on the Monday morning but hey! you're in a town centre! And you're very close to many restaurants and bars. We particularly enjoyed the walk up to the volcano and the hotel staff were once again very helpful with information about where to go. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to stay in Olot

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here one night before touring the volcanoes near Olot. Found the reception friendly and efficient, room was recently renovated and spotless. WiFi good.

Located close to the old town for restaurants and for the hike up Montsacopa volcano.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2013

5 minutes away from Plaça Catalunya, 10 minutes from the church and pedestrian streets. Nice, clean and comfy rooms. Good value for money. The staff was very helpful. There is a little private car park.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Nice place to stay if you need to sleep in Olot. Right in the center of town. Rooms are clean, good beds and nice staff. Our room was stuffy though because air didn't work. Fixing it in the morning wasn't a good solution as we are leaving, but I'd still recommend this nice hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I just cannot agree with the previous review, that is NOT my experience of Borrell and this is my third stay. Accordingly, you would be well advised to rely on my review.
I have never had any problems here at all.
They have: very good off street parking, great staff, and very good service:
They: know the local area and answered all our questions.
asked if we wanted additional serves or something else at breakfast.
they called cabs on at least 3 occasions ( nada/free)
they have bus timetable info on tap.
room spotless, cleaned every day....
There is also a very nice/ efficient ( English Speaking) Catalan lady (young) on reception.
It is an excellent place to stay. I have been to Spain 15 times I know a BIT.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Catalanvisitor
Reviewed July 7, 2010

The one clerk at the front desk was rude and the accommodations were not worth the price. I was charged double for my room and breakfast, which I did not have. You'd think with such a small lodging place, they could keep better track of the charges. I was in Olot for a wedding at Les Cols and all the guests stayed in each of the other Olot hotels/hostels. The few other options in Olot are all much better.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank LA_tao
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olot
Hotel La Perla
#2 of 2 in Joanetes
Cal Sastre Hotel
Cal Sastre Hotel
#1 of 1 in Santa Pau

Been to Hotel Borrell? Share your experiences!