“Free airport and town shuttles are a joke”

BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Although they advertise "free shuttles to center of Barcelona and to/from airport" they don't give you the whole story. The "free" shuttle to town runs only twice per day at 10am and 6pm. It costs upwards of 25 euros to get a taxi to or from the center of town. And while the airport shuttle may actually run every 20-30 minutes as they say, in actuality the shuttle is VERY small and fills up quickly. Even though I called the hotel to make a reservation for the shuttle AND arrived 20 minutes prior to the next shuttle arrival, I still ended up waiting over an hour for transport to the hotel. The front desk staff were generally uninterested in helping and the 1-2 staff on duty seemed less concerned with actually helping people than moving through the queue quickly. The room itself was decent - about what you'd expect from any Marriott hotel; however, my shower leaked all over the bathroom and they provided only minimal towels (one towel, one hand towel, one floor mat, and no wash cloth). I've also been a member of the Marriott/Renaissance club rewards program for a number of years; however, I was offered no extras or upgrades during this stay - not even an acklowledgement of my high ranking in their program. Prices for their internet were among the highest I've seen on three continents. I booked this room under a "stay three nights, pay for two" promotion and in spite of the value I won't stay here again. There are similarly priced hotels in the same class of service MUCH closer to where you want to be in Barcelona. Save yourself LOTS of taxi fares and hassle and book somewhere in town.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,300)

Reviewed June 22, 2010

I booked this hotel during a visit to Barcelona because I got a very good deal on the rate. Since I wasn't arriving or leaving barcelona by flight, the location was not really that favourable, but the plus point is that they have a shuttle ever so often to the airport which is 5 mins away and from there one can take the metro to the city centre. Nothing really stands out about this hotel, it's just like any 4 star. I only ate at the coffee shop during breakfast, and the spread is ok. If u get to the restaurant even a few seconds after they close, they won't even let u grab a quick bite even if there are people still sitting inside.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We stayed here because the location was very convenient for for our early morning departing flight. The front desk staff was very helpful and the complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport was a big plus.

The room is spacious and the king size bed was great.

Our shower drain didn't work properly though, so the bathroom floor was practically flooded by the time we finished our showers.

Reviewed June 21, 2010

Avarage this hotel is good in both cases either you are transiting in Barcelona and you just need an overnite or you are spending a week end (like I did) to enjoy the city.
Across the street from the hotel there are two buses 165 and 65 and they are both going to downtown Placa D'Espanya - the hotel has also two free shuttle to Placa D'Espanya one mid morning and another one late afternoon I think 10am and 6pm.
I checked in 10 am and they gave me the room immediately as an exception (check in is at 2 or 3 pm) - I picked up this hotel as they had a great offer breakfast included - a nice buffet brakfast - it's a good option it only takes 35 minutes by public bus and 15 minutes with hotel shuttle and you are downtown - Staff is quite kind and well trained - Now let's review the small cons room did not have the coffee machine notwithstanding the fact the fact sheet in some way confirms there is one - in the lobby there is a coffee machine but coffee is only available till mid morning..yes there is a bar !! - the towels should be replaced they are falling aparts they are very very tired thin towels with holes etc - they need "retirement" The shower door has some problems (not hotel fault but architect/designer fault) and water comes out from the bottom and you get water all over the bathroom - therefore this is a very nice place to stay I will go back and I definitely will suggest it to a friend

Reviewed June 15, 2010

We stayed here after our cruise and wished we had picked this hotel for before our cruise as well. Book a Elite room the package is every penny worth the cost. Free eats and drinks make it well worth the extra money here. We stayed after our cruise and were checked in as soon as we arrived at the hotel. The hotel is off the beaten path but they do offer a free shuttle to Plaça d'Espanya where there is much to see on foot from here. They will also pick you up around six hours later for free. They also offer a shuttle to Los Rambles for around 6 euros each. The rooms were quiet and the beds here were great. Wonderful amenities in the bathrooms as well. Staff was very good here. Just a great place to stay. When we go back to Barcelona for sure this will be the hotel we stay at. Yes they do have a early shuttle but its not early enough. We had a 6:30 flight so they were unable to accomidate us with a shuttle because the earliest shuttle is 5 am. Plus breakfast is not available at this time. If you are in a Elite room though the coffee/ and capuccino machine is available to you at no cost. The free shuttle thing was the only bummer to this trip. Cab fare was around 25 euro that includes the extra fees they charge (it being a Sunday,baggage and airport supplement-it cost you 1 euro extra for each bag). The Elite room service and lounge was every penny worth the extra price. The staff here was among the best Ive seen in my travels.

4  Thank GotDrums
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Arrived after nearly a day of travel. Hotel was overbooked...too bad, it looked fantastic. With hardly an apology...actually treated like an everyday occurence..."Sorry, but we are overbooked...the shuttle will take you to another nearby hotel." I had to ask what kind of hotel..."Don't worry, it is a 4 star, etc"... I HAD TO ASK..what about my transport to the port... Anyway, other hotel was NOT 4 Star, but their personnel were much more professional and helpful. I will never recommend this hotel...what good is a confirmation number???

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sunni30
Reviewed May 13, 2010

Modern and comfortable facilities complemented by an attentive and friendly service. The in-house Sal Marina Restaurant offers an ample menu with local and international cuisine. Any of the fish dishes is highly recommendable.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
FrontAir Congress
FrontAir Congress
#3 of 3 in Sant Boi de Llobregat
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by Premium Traveller
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by P...
#4 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat
Ibis Barcelona Cornella
Ibis Barcelona Cornella
#2 of 4 in Cornella de Llobregat

Been to BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!