“Good overnight stop”

BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel
“Good overnight stop”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

perfect for an airport location. Needed to stay overnight after cruise with a 6:00 AM flight the next day. Free shuttles to and from airport were a big plus. Restaurant was just okay, pool area was very nice. AC was not working in our room and it took them a little long to get it resolved, but finally moved us to another room. All the desk personnel and maintenance people were very nice. Decent price too.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Director-General-BAH, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing the positive comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Barcelona airport hotel. We strive to provide personal service to every guest and I will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff.

Thanks again for letting us know that we did a good job for you overall, but also where we can improve.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Turin, Italy
Reviewed August 30, 2014

We stayed here just for a day use and we found this hotel very good : a nice and pleasant welcome at check-in with all possible informations , a nice room , very quiet and well appointed , a relaxing and pleasant swimming pool with hydropool. The hotel has a very good shuttle service. All in all we were very satisfied and wouldn't hesitate to book here again when in transit at Barcelona airport.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank happyalbert
Director-General-BAH, Director de Relaciones Públicas at BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your time at our hotel.

It would be my pleasure to share your compliments with the entire team of our hotel. Your valued comments definitely boost our morale to better our services and offer you the best.

We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Best Regards,
Colorado, USA
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We were looking for a good place near the airport with airport shuttles and breakfast included and picked this hotel. Primary reason for this one over another half a dozen similar Holiday Inn like hotels in the area was great reviews for their breakfast (you need to make sure you pick the rate that includes the breakfast though) and reasonably priced shuttle to city center.

The hotel is very clean, very modern and staff is professional and efficient. We came in around 10am and the room was not ready, but they were able to get us in the room by 10:30 even though the check in was closer to 4 if I’m not mistaken. Be aware that the lines to check in may get long if a group comes over form the plane or a ship. They offer free internet (WiFi doesn’t reach all the rooms though) and free computers with free printing in the lobby. Rooms are very spacious and bed is very comfortable.

Shuttle to city center runs on very strange and not very convenient schedule, but for 6 euro per person round trip, it’s worth it as the taxi would run around 20 euro one way.

Make sure to reserve airport shuttle – they only have one small bus running every 20 min or so and it gets filled quickly. If you don’t have a reservation, you may miss out.

Restaurant: The restaurant is extremely overpriced for OK food. Bar is fully stocked, but prices are through the roof. A glass of sangria there cost as much as a litter of much better sangria on Las Ramblas, one of the most popular and, therefore, expensive places in the city. A cocktail would set you 12+ euros, which is, once again, significantly higher than in restaurants in the city.
Breakfast: If you can secure a rate that includes the breakfast (and you need a breakfast there) you won’t regret it. To pay out of pocket it’s very pricy, but included in the rate it was something like 7 euro per person. It’s very plentiful with huge selection of everything from scrambled eggs to fresh fruits and hard cheeses and expensive sausages. Variety of juices and self-serve coffee drinks was also a nice touch.

Overall – we’d stay there again and I’d recommend it for anybody if you get a good rate and need to stay close to the airport. The only negative was the overpriced restaurant and lack of shower curtain, which appears to be the issue with a lot of hotels in Europe. The shower was otherwise very nice with very good pressure and very sizable.

Room Tip: Closer to the elevator will save you some time to walk to the room and you may get better WiFi recep...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Director-General-BAH, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid review. We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and your accommodations. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay particularly the prices . Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Houston
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stayed here after our cruise for 1 night because of an early flight the following morning.

The good:

Free shuttle to the airport. Make sure you reserve it the night before with the front desk.

Nice staff at the front desk. We got there very early and they were able to accommodate us which I greatly appreciated. There was on lady in particular who was extremely nice.

Clean, newish building.

Big rooms and bathrooms however, be careful with the rugs. They slide around...probably not the best rugs for "wooden" floors.

Close to the airport. It was less than a 10 min drive from the hotel to the Terminal.

Free Wi-Fi - it worked fine for us while we were there.

The bad

Restaurants. The hotel restaurants are extremely expensive! 20 Euro per person for breakfast buffet (and that was the ONLY option for breakfast), no thank you. 15 Euro for a sandwich...yikes!! We spent three days in Barcelona for the 1st part of the trip and those prices just seemed crazy to me. There are also no other restaurants around. There's actually NOTHING around this place. We heard that there is a bar close by but they only open during the week.

The restaurant staff. They were rude and for lunch the food took forever to come out. The dinner staff was a little nicer. We called in room-service as we heard it was quicker.

Location - even though it's close to the airport there is just NOTHING to do. There is a pool but it did not look kid friendly at all. They have extensive grounds but that's about it. They may want to add a playground or something. They have a shuttle into the city but it has a weird schedule.

Hard beds....a little difficult to sleep on but we made it work.

Next time, I won't bother staying close to the airport. We stayed at a hotel in the Gothic Quarter for the first part of our trip and that was a 20 min drive to the airport . ... I'd rather do that and have some life around me with better food choices.

I can't recommend this hotel for anyone that is visiting Barcelona - do yourself a favor and stay closer to the city. If you're in for a quick business trip or just a long layover, then this may work just fine for you just be ready to pay big bucks for food.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Director-General-BAH, Director General at BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the area surrounding the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed August 24, 2014

My son and I stayed at this hotel for one night at the end of a month-long visit to Europe, so we could be close at hand to catch the shuttle for a morning flight out of the airport. When we arrived around 5 p.m. (a bit late because our tour driver couldn't find the place!), we learned that some of the morning shuttles were already booked so we had to pick a less advantageous time slot. Make sure you book your shuttle in advance!

The front desk was not very welcoming or friendly. In fact, they acted like they were doing us a favor. I was not impressed.

Since there weren't any restaurants in sight, my son and I relied upon room service for some pretty so-so hamburgers for dinner. The place was clean enough. The selection of televisions channels was minimal--only two English channels that I could find (and just round the clock news. ugh.). I would expect an airport hotel at an international hub like Barcelona to be prepared to serve a wider audience.

The morning of our flight I had a bit of trouble rousing my son, and we found ourselves running late. I called downstairs to ask them if they could hold the shuttle just five or so minutes, but was told flat out no, and that I'd better get down there fast or I'd be out of luck. We raced, but didn't make it. I understand that they have schedules to keep and don't want to delay or inconvenience other passengers. However, when the shuttle we ended up on (40 minutes later!) was delayed for about 15 minutes because their system was messed up, I was a bit peeved.

We ran out of our room so fast that I left two earrings behind on the nightstand (my son had alerted me to this, but we just flew out of there and I forgot them). It occurred to me that the hotel might forward them to me or contact me. No such luck. I guess someone over there is enjoying them.

Anyway, we booked a later shuttle, but as I mentioned, there was an error with their reservation system and there were too many people on it. (They had apparently forgotten to add my son to the new reservation.) Also, someone who had not reserved was on the shuttle as well. It was a mess. Eventually, everything was straightened out and we made it to the airport, but not a moment too soon for me and my son. It was unfortunate that this shuttle ran late, but they couldn't wait just a few minutes for me for the earlier shuttle.

In any event, this hotel was just so so. In general it felt cold and unwelcoming. I do not believe I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations and for that please accept our sincere apology for the issues you have encountered during your stay with us.

Rest assured, your valuable comments are noted and will be forwarded to the appropriate department to be addressed accordingly. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2014

we are 3 ladies ( travel agents )and stayed here for one night last week, i emailed the hotel before we arrived and was upgraded free to an elite room with use of the lounge, free sweets nuts and crisps and mini bar with soft drinks,and fresh coffee,we were picked up from the airport by the free shuttle bus which only took 5 minutes, we checked in 8am with no problem, we were warmly greeted by the manager 'Enrique' who had a lovely bottle of wine and fruit in our room, he explained where to eat and places to visit advised how to get there and back and was very friendly and extremely helpful, I rang reception to ask what time checkout was the next day and advised we could keep the room on till 1pm and use the free services of the Elite lounge until we were picked up at 3.30pm,we would highly recommend this hotel to our customers only 5 minutes from airport 20 to centre, free shuttle very clean and excellent services

Room Tip: upgrade to elite
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Director-General-BAH, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2014
Dear Ladies,

I am tremendously delighted reading that you found our hospitality to be wonderful. I appreciate your taking time out. We enjoyed your stay the same way.

I have shared your feedback with our staff and they are all very motivated and encouraged to go extra mile and ensure great experience to our guests. Your feedback is our greatest reward.

I truly thank you for your recognition and for your support. It is our constant endeavor to provide a homely atmosphere with best quality of service to every guest.

On behalf of our team at “Barcelona Airport Hotel” we look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

I am looking forward to welcoming you and friends back again.

Warm Regards
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

We landed in Barcelona late night and needed a close by hotel with breakfast. It was a great fit - effective hotel shuttle to and from the airport (5 minutes), friendly staff, room and hotel new and well designed. Breakfast was very reach. Also recomended for business - includes all needed amenities.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Director-General-BAH, Director General at BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Also taking your time to let us know what you liked.

We do hope to see you again if you come back to Barcelona.

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Prat de Llobregat
Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto Hotel
#3 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,265 reviews
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by Premium Traveller
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by P...
#4 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,086 reviews
B&B Hotel  Viladecans
B&B Hotel Viladecans
#1 of 3 in Viladecans

Been to BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!