“Very Convenient” 5 of 5 bubbles

BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Very Convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay, a few minutes from Barcelona airport. Rooms are a good size, clean and comfortable. Staff is friendly and efficient. Shuttle to airport is very convenient. Restaurant and lounge on site. Rates very reasonable. Also, shuttle to La Rambla twice day.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Bonita_Bch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manson, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Nothing to rave about, other than close to the airport and clean. Internet was expensive. The hotel dining choices are limited and not very inspiring. We used the shuttle to the airport. There is a fridge, but no minibar. No coffee or tea kettle. Not on par with airport Hiltons. A bit of a disappointment.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Frank F, Guest Relations Manager at BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Let me express my apologies for any mistake comited here at the Hotel. We will work hard to change your opinion for next visits.
Best Regards,
Frank Ferrer. GRS. FOM (A).
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

My wife and I booked the BAH Hotel so that we would be near the airport for an early morning flight and based upon the information that was provided about the hotel on Booking.com According to the information about the hotel provided on Booking.com the hotel was to provide free shuttle service to and from the airport. Our reservations were for Monday, June 3rd. When my wife and I arrived at the airport it was after midnight and the shuttle was nowhere to be found, when the shuttle did not arrive I tried calling the hotel and was left on automatic hold for 20 minutes and disconnected, tried a second, third and fourth time and every time put on automatic hold never reaching anyone. Since there was no shuttle and we could not reach anyone at the hotel we had to take a 20 euro cab to the hotel and upon arrival were told that the shuttle service ends at midnight. When I told the night manager that it was never indicated on the Booking.com site he said it was (see copy as provided below) and that he was the one that posted the information on Booking.com. Also, indicated that the reason he couldn't answer the call was that he was busy (when I arrived the lobby it was like a ghost town). When I asked to be credited for the cab fare it was refused. Additionally, when I asked if I needed a password for Internet access I was told I would have to pay for it which is not indicated on Booking.com I have included the exact copy as it appears on Booking.com below. I am waiting for an answer to my request to have the cost of the cab fare refunded as there is no indication that the shuttle does not run after midnight and had I known I would have made other plans at another hotel where I would not have incurred any hidden costs.

Copied from Booking.com:
This modern hotel is located close to Barcelona El Prat Airport. It offers a free airport shuttle, free shuttle to the Ramblas and a swimming pool.

All of the rooms in the Barcelona Airport Hotel are air conditioned and soundproofed. They all have flat-screen TVs, internet access and marble bathrooms.

Room Tip: If you plan to arrive near or after midnight do not book this hotel!!! If you require Internet acc...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Steve111111
Dear Guest,
I am sorry for any inconvinience lived at the Hotel.

I should say that Booking.com does advertise our shuttle service is until midnight. I copy here what can be seen at Booking.com page referring to shuttles to and from the Airport :

"Información adicional"
"Please note that the airport shuttle service is available from 04:00 to 00:00. "

I would like you to double check this at the page of booking.com. Also this information is advertised everywhere. I kindly recommend our future guests to double check this information so that no missunderstanding like this would ever happen again. These kind of missunderstandings are really anoying.

Please accept my excuses on behalf of the Hotel,

Frank Ferrer. GRS. FOM (A):

Travelers are raving about these El Prat de Llobregat hotels

Harlingen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Huge room. Taxi across the street. Cafeteria across opened for lunch. Complimentary breakfast and transfer to airport. Good place to relax away from bustle if town. There was a shuttle to downtown but we didn't take it. Only drawback for me was that the huge lobby was dark modern in look.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Travelingbug12
Frank F, Guest Relations Manager at BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments.
For the matter of the darkness at the Lobby, I should say lights there are adapted to the structure of the building since the entire upper part of the Lobby is considered to be a huge surrounding screen for projecting images. It is true that it may seem a bit dark sometimes.

Again, Thank you very much for your help. We hope to have you soon at the Hotel.
Best regards,

Frank Ferrer. GRS. FOM(A). BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel.
St. Kitts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We arrive from the ship , at the Air-port, was very surprised by the hotel, we had a V I P welcome, by the front deck staff , we had a amazing room, every thing was excellent, we had free internet, we check in we went out, they also had Breakfast was a good selection, after breakfast went touring again, we had a amazing time, Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Not to sure wish room we were in but room we were in was , amazing, room south side are large and qu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank St_KittsAnnie
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to see that you are so happy with your stay.
We hope to see you soon at our Hotel!!

Best regards,

Frank Ferrer. GRS. FOM (A). BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel.
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Having read some of the woeful reviews, I am pleasantly surprised by the hotel. It is in a business park close to the airport, and airports are not given to being in the city centre, so it is an airport hotel. Hence the name. We arrived at gone 11pm, had a warm welcome from the desk staff and an efficient check in. Rooms were fine, if a little tatty in parts. The aircon was poor but you are able to open the windows for ventilation. Breakfast was a good selection and efficient. All the staff I came in contact with were friendly and helpful. The hotel was part of the Renaissance chain but no longer are. The swimming pool wasn't open, but wifi was fine and worked well. Overall a good place to stay for airport stopovers. The hotel would benefit from removing the last of its noticeable links with renaissance such as old tatty signs at the front, and improving the aircon in the rooms.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto Hotel
#3 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,206 reviews
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by Premium Traveller
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by P...
#4 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,059 reviews
B&B Hotel  Viladecans
B&B Hotel Viladecans
#1 of 3 in Viladecans

Been to BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!