“Great hotel near airport”

BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great hotel near airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

This architecturally interesting modern hotel is located a free 5 minute shuttle ride from Barcelona airport and is extremely convenient for flying in/out. Shuttles are also available into the city, for a price, or for a much cheaper price a frequent public bus service runs into the city from right outside the hotel. Personally, I'd recommend taking the public bus, you see more of the real Barcelona and its people that way - try and get the limited stop express if you can, It's somewhat faster (about 30 mins v 45 mins for the stopping service). The hotel staff will furnish you with a timetable and tell you where to board the bus and which services are express, etc.

This hotel is very well appointed and the staff are very friendly and helpful. It is a cheaper alternative to staying in the city if you don't mind the bus/shuttle rides. If your package includes breakfast, there is a wide selection of food available, all well prepared, and the hotel has very comfortable lounges where you can relax and while away the time. We did have one hilarious incident when my wife turned on the shower and the nozzle reared up like a cobra over the shower glass and sprayed the entire bathroom, me included. I saw another reviewer had the same experience, so be warned!

I'd recommend trying a the local beer while at the hotel - it is brewed in the Damm brewery which is literally right across the road and the Estrella Damm is an excellent brew.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and I would highly recommend it for those travellers who don't need to be right in the heart of the city late into the night (otherwise you'll be forking out for a taxi ride back to the hotel).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Staunton, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This used to be part of Marriot chain but no longer a Renaissance - just Barcelona Airport Hotel. They spent a fortune on the design and furnishings. Very modern and creative interior and nice rooms; bath was also deluxe except as others have noted, the shower head is small and lightweight so it sprays everywhere when turned on. Nice bar and restaurant but we did not get a chance to eat there. The staff was very very helpful in everyway; showed us how to print out boarding passes; came to room when phone did not work and ordered us room service for us. Gave us one free wifi pass since we had 2 devices but for 24 hrs it still cost around 12 Euros for connecting. When we stopped to fill us gas for rental car near airport, the cashier told us where the hotel was and it was not hard to find as others have said. It seemed very empty when we stayed there in early April; not sure why but we would stay there again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tee-Bone-Tee
South Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Nice and clean rooms really good breakfast!! but my only problem was that they lost our luggage after waiting over one hour almost missed our fly we had to take a taxi because of how late we were they had brought our luggage to some other guests and when the guest found oud it wasn't his luggage he called the front desk!!! and that's how they found our luggage it was a nightmare!!!!

Room Tip: Just be carefull with your luggage.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank miamialways
Barcelona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Great staff and very attentive.
The room was comfortable and modern with big bathroom.
The hotel provides free airport shuttle bus which was convenient.
Nice buffet breakfast.
Overall, it was good value and had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank Meigawati W
Frank F, Guest Relations Manager at BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your lovely comments!! We celebrate you enjoyed breakfast so much!!
Frank Ferrer. GRS. FOM.
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I flew in from Palma to catch an early morning flight to Montreal. It was a mess from the get-go. I booked the hotel online and there is not much information provided on how to get to the hotel from the airport. I looked into the map, and it appeared less than 5KM from the airport. I thought I will take a taxi. Upon arrival at BCN, it did not make sense as the taxi driver refused to go for such a short haul, and will be charging 30 Euros anyways. I enquired at the information desk inside the airport, and they said to take the hotel shuttle available outside which runs in every 20 minutes. I waited for about an hour, and debated to take a taxi regardless. Around that time I saw the hotel shuttle passing by, and flagged it down. The driver was doubtful and asked what I wanted. Asking for the ride he said, “Why are you standing here? The shuttle stops only in Terminal 2 and I was “happened” to pass by Terminal 1 on my way to Terminal 2. I don’t pick up passengers from Terminal 1”. So what should I have done, I asked. He said, “Call the hotel when you arrive, and they will give instructions”. A news to me! How do I call, there is no phone in the terminal. Although I had the phone number handy, my cell won’t work in Europe. As I boarded the shuttle, I saw another 6 passengers got on. They were all as baffled as I was.
Feeling lucky to catch the shuttle, after waiting for an hour, I reach the hotel. Now, the second problem. It took way too long (20 minutes) to get to the counter for check in. After all said and done it was over 2.5 hours by the time I’m in my room since I deplaned. I won’t talk about the room as I generally agree with other reviewers. However, I must mention two other things may benefit you. There is absolutely nothing around the hotel other than other hotels – Nothing! So, you are restricted to spend your time in the hotel. I think there is a shuttle service to Barcelona Downtown for a fee, but unless you have 6 plus hours to kill, it’s not practical. Food was good quality, but incredibly expensive in the hotel. Therefore you don’t have any choice but to avail the dining facility at high cost. You are better off grabbing something from the airport if possible on your way to the hotel.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter, but naturally lower floors
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Kaustuv R
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments, they are a help since they make us improve.

Referring to the shuttle service I would like you to accept my appologies on behalf of the Hotel for what seems a misunderstanding. In fact the entire and correct information for our shuttles can be found on our web and also on our Facebook. I would recommend to double check this information before coming to avoid this kind of anoying situations.

Please see how our shuttles work as follows:

If you are arriving at Terminal T1

When arriving to the arrival hall of Terminal T1, you will find the
luggage belt on level 1. Stay on this level, and when coming through
the security check-point, follow the signs that will indicate P-G for Parking G, see the example sign:
Keep straight following the above mentioned P-G signs. At the end you will find staircases and an
elevator going one level down to the hotel shuttle bus stop.

If you are arriving at Terminal T2A, T2B & T2C.
At Terminal T2 we have 1 stop, at Terminal T2B. The bus stops is marked with a sign that says
“HOTEL BUS”. Please note that T2 shuttle service is available upon request. Please contact
the Hotel by telephone on the number 933783200 for pick-up service.
Terminal T2B; exit the building and walk to your right until you find the sign “HOTEL BUS”

I repeat I am very sorry for any inconvience lived here, our first aim is you to enjoy a wonderful stay.

Thank you very much again for your help and understanding,
Best regards,

Frank Ferrer. GRS. FOM (A).
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I was in this hotel last week it is nice however I arrived in the room to rest and you can't block out the sun in the day, this needs addressing please (in crew rooms). The bar is reasonably priced and the bar/waiting staff are so helpful, there was a young lady and she was amazing and looked after us so well. The foods was excellent and the breakfast was one of the best I have had anywhere.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

stayed here a few years ago , the room and size of bed was good and comfy and very clean but the noise through the corridor with doors banging late and early as people leave to and from the airport was a little annoying , the food was average , i wasnt impressed with 75% of the reception staff with their attitudes . facilities are good and the use of the shuttle bus was good with quick easy access to town and the airport , but the bar prices was over the top . im considering is it fully worth the return to this hotel next year

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Frank F, Guest Relations Manager at BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your comments, they are a real help for us.

I am very sorry to read that you are unsure to come back or not to our hotel when you come to Barcelona next time. I would like to express my apologies on behalf of the Hotel for any inconvenience lived at the hotel, I will personally check our standards of service.

I would like you to give us a second chance, and we will be more than delighted to have you with us again and show you and offer you the best of the services.
For this, I offer my personal assistance for future visits and bookings. See us at Facebook also.

Thank you very much for your help and understanding.
Frank Ferrer. GRS. FOM (A). CM
Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto Hotel
#3 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,244 reviews
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by Premium Traveller
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by P...
#4 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,081 reviews
B&B Hotel  Viladecans
B&B Hotel Viladecans
#1 of 3 in Viladecans

Been to BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!