“Very good Airport hotel”

BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very good Airport hotel”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had various problems with flight and hotel bookings, so I arrived less than patient. However, the hotel is great for flights (I arrived late from Barcelona, and was flying to Bilbao the next morning). The staff are all extremely attentive, I was particularly grateful of the receptionist who checked me in despite my booking having gone missing, and the concierge who was beyond helpful in tracking down my delayed luggage. For a business trip, this hotel was ideal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Frank F, Guest Relations Manager at BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your polite comments referring to our Hotel and its employees, they help us, since our first aim is making of your stay with us a wolderful one.
All our team will go on working to improve and grow as professionals. I hope to see you soon in Barcelona, at Renaissance Barcelona Airport Hotel.
Best Regards,
Frank Ferrer. Guest Relations Supervisor. Renaissance Barcelona Airport Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This hotel is great for an airport hotel. If you have an early departure or late arrival this is your hotel. The bar is a bit dear as you would expect at a airport bar, however, the rooms are very clean and very comfortable. If you need a room by the airport, this is you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Loudbellow
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed there with our 2 girls before our flight back to the US. The shuttle took us into town and the next morning to the airport. We had a 2 bedroom suite. The hotel was very surprisingly nice, clean and quiet!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Hotel is very modern looking inside. Hotel is very clean, rooms are larger than the AC Hotels. Staff is professional and courteous. They all spoke English well enough. I stayed twice here in two weeks, my first night in Barcelona, Spain and my last night as well for the trip. My first trip, I had a good room.

The food in the lower level bar area is good and you can get a meal late at night. For 18.90 euros I had Sanfaina, a shrimp eggplant Catalan dish, croquetas (ham & cheese), ternera estofada (beef stew) and milk for a total of 18.90 euros. Not bad but remember for Europe, meal portions are smaller and drinks, especially sodas come in tiny bottles.

You do not need to tip in most of Spain which I didn't know my first night so I tipped the shuttle driver. The shuttle to Las Ramblas or downtown is free at certain times of the day so you can check the schedule which tells the hours for pick up and drop off. It is 5 euros per person for the times they do charge. Small children are free (as in most of Europe, a 3 year old is free like an infant).

The first trip, we had the breakfast buffet which is not cheap, 18 Euros plus 8% tax. My daughter was with me then so for two adults with one child free, it was okay to pay 38.88 euros. We liked the food but we are open to spanish cuisine and tastes, such as olives, Iberian ham, or salty meats and a variety of cheeses. They had an omelet chef and so that was a nice touch. It also includes all the coffee, water and juices.

We paid 25 Euros for wifi in our hotel room the first night. They did have a business lounge in the lobby area where you could print your boarding pass and use their two computers for free internet connections.

The second one night stay after my 2 week European vacation I took a cab from the train station, I had come from Pamplona. It was a 24 euro cab ride to this airport hotel. I was given a hotel room with a shower. I switched rooms as my 3 year old boy had to have a bath tub. The room they then gave me had a broken TV. I needed to get up early with a 430am taxi pick up to catch my 6am flight so I didn't need to watch TV. If your flight is real early or real late, the free airport shuttle is not available. The cab driver was great though and even put my luggage on a cart for me as he saw I was travelling alone with a little boy.

I definitely would return to this hotel if I wanted a place convenient to the airport.

Room Tip: Be sure when making your reservation, if you prefer a bath tub or a shower, you let them know in adv...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank CezWho
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Convenience to the airport doesn't make this hotel worthwhile. Like other reviewers, we had a truly irritatingly long wait for check-in; ONE person did everything at the front desk, checking guests in, checking guests out, getting change, answering questions, giving directions...ridiculous. Our room was small; the air conditioning never did work, but since it was off (really!) when we arrived and we assumed the room would take a long time to cool down, we didn't realize it wasn't working until after we were ready for bed. The only resolution the hotel offered was to switch rooms, which we chose not to do in our pajamas. That might have been a mistake, because we had a MISERABLE night.
Moreover, after two weeks traveling all over northern Spain and staying in some really small hotels in really small towns and having free wi-fi EVERYWHERE, we were surprised and disappointed to be charged for this service at a reputedly high-service hotel.

Room Tip: The food might be okay; we didn't eat at the hotel. Be sure to understand the process for getti...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these El Prat de Llobregat hotels

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was nice. The small shower worked well. The staff were nice. Everything was fine but it did not have any of the luxury that the Renaissance name claims. It is a Marriott or a Holiday Inn calling itself a Renaissance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto Hotel
#3 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,266 reviews
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by Premium Traveller
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by P...
#4 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,087 reviews
B&B Hotel  Viladecans
B&B Hotel Viladecans
#1 of 3 in Viladecans

Been to BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!