“Fine for an overnight stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Salles Hotel Ciutat del Prat

Salles Hotel Ciutat del Prat
Mallorca
“Fine for an overnight stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Three of us stayed recently for one night in transit to the USA. The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable (I don't like the pillows),and the bathrooms big.
I wouldn't choose to stay there for a visit to Barcelona as it's too far from the City but in transit it's fine especially with the free shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank GeorgieMallorca
SallesHotels, Front Office Manager at Salles Hotel Ciutat del Prat, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the good service and you had a good stay.
The hotel is 15 minutes by train from central barcelona with what is advisable for visitors to the city.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

I chose this hotel because I had an early morning flight out of Barcelona. Was a good choice. Stayed 1 night. Room was clean and quiet. Hotel shuttle to and from was reliable (though I had trouble finding the pick up spot at the airport). Staff was friendly and helpful. The walk to the Metro station was a bit farther than I had expected (about 10 mins, on empty streets) but easy to find and certainly convenient to get into the city. Would stay here again if I had an early AM flight out. But if I wanted atmosphere, would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SallesHotels, Front Office Manager at Salles Hotel Ciutat del Prat, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
thank you very much for your positive review, about our staff and servicies. Many thanks !
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

We spent the last night of a two week Spain/Morocco adventure at the Hotel Ciutat del Prat. We had booked the room through Hotels.com, weeks before our arrival. When we showed up at the front desk, I was presented with an invoice that stated 79 euros/night. I had written down in my notes 73 euros. When I questioned this, I was told, "NO, it is 79 euros". I went to my room, brought up my Hotels.com invoice and actually walked down with my laptop and showed them my confirmation from Hotels.com for 73 euros. The night manager Javier and his (very rude) assistant, Carlos, were adamant that the cost would be 79 euros and that the extra 6 euros was for the "tax." I returned to my room and then carefully reviewed all of the info on my screen and it said "73 euros included all taxes and fees". To make a long story short, I spent well over an hour with the front desk personnel hassling this silly 6 euro difference (it was the principle, I had it in writing in front of their faces) and even had to EMAIL them a copy of my laptop invoice. I was told repeatedly (even after they held the emailed invoice in their hands) that there was still absolutely NOTHING they could do to change the 79 euros due!!! In the morning, I was presented with a 79 euro credit card bill which I reluctantly signed (in order to board their airport van) and also wrote "I will dispute this with Visa, have proof of 73 euro quote" next to my signature. All this being said, it was absolute craziness when the front desk personnel refused to do ANYTHING about this even though I presented the documentation to their faces!!! Bottom line: Incredibly poor customer service. And my Visa bill that just came through...79 euros charged with a second transaction for a 6 euro credit. It was worth the hassle just based on principle. But my adivce to you: Stay somewhere else!!! The only positive note: the cafe had good sandwiches/fries. The room was basic and quiet and there was a bathtub. But, I was so busy hassling my bill that I never got to take that bath and didn't get to bed until 1:00 AM. Not worth it!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TravelforfunSeattle
We are sorry that such an error to your bill caused so many troubles, loss of time and specially that you had a bad impression of our staff. We are really sorry
Santa Fe
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

The hotel appears to have only two shuttles and each carry only 6-7 passengers. We waited 45 minutes in the rain for the shuttle at the airport. The (male) manager is totally indifferent to any reasonable request. This is NOTfour star hotel service and the staff's attitude is unfriendly and unhelpful. If you have a plane to catch.......good luck! (And taxi fare from this distant hotel is 60 Euros!

• Stayed April 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry if due to the rain the pick up time increased. Our vans can carry at to 16 people.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

Situated at least 15 minutes from BCN Airport in a sad industrial, isolated area that matches the hotel perfectly. Small rooms with some of the worst furniture I have ever seen in a hotel room. This is low end garage sell furnishings. They advertise WiFi but it was only working on the Lobby. Can't comment on the restaurant but will be forced to eat their tonight since the area is pretty devoid of civilization. Look elsewhere, this is a "dump".

• Stayed April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
SallesHotels, Front Office Manager at Salles Hotel Ciutat del Prat, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
We deeply regret that you did not like the furniture of our hotel. We are really sorry
Satellite Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

Needed a place for one night before my next day's flight. Nice to be near the airport and have access to the free shuttle. It is not as close to BCN as they say! Nothing nearby so you have to be happy with what they offer. Breakfast buffet was very nice, was great to have a US breakfast for the first time in 2 weeks! Rooms very nice, staff very helpful and good, strong, free Wi-Fi. Price is very, very fair.

Room Tip: Have to assume they are all equal, maybe avoid one near the elevator but you are probably here for a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SallesHotels, General Manager at Salles Hotel Ciutat del Prat, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
thank you very much for the positive assessment of our services as well as positive comments for our staff
Bismarck, North Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

Hotel Ciutat Del Prat had some good points and bad points; but the bad points outweigh the good. The good: Free airport shuttle. Upon arrival, we used a phone located in the area just off to the side of the baggage claim carousels where people congregate to meet their party. The phone is easily missed, but if you look on the wall opposite the doors, you can see it all by it’s lonesome self. Upon calling the hotel, we were told to wait outside between terminals B and C, and they would be there in 15-20 minutes. Well, the area between terminals B and C really is a driveway going between the terminals. The real area to wait is in front of terminal C but towards the far end that is next to terminal B. The van came within about 25-30 minutes and took us to the hotel. The check in was efficient, and performed by very well English speaking staff. For the return trip to the airport, we were told to be down in the lobby 5-10 minutes before the top of the hour. The return trip was uneventful and the fact that this is a free service makes this a big plus as to why to choose this hotel. Your savings over cab fare can be considerable. The room was clean, modern with hard flooring, small refrigerator, typical firm but yet somewhat soft bed, and thankfully a window that opens. The bathroom was well stocked, clean, and the shower was very good with no problem of water pressure or running hot/cold. The bad points: The hotel is located in a commercial area void of any restaurants, bars, or markets. From what I could tell, it’s mostly office buildings that don’t open up until 7/8 am and shutter around 5/6 pm. There is an occasional shop, but nothing that would be an advantage to someone staying at the hotel. If you are staying without a car for more than one night, you may find the restaurant in the hotel grossly over priced for your liking. The second bad thing is something that I now notice on a lot of other reviews; which makes me believe it is not an isolated or rare incident. Upon entering the room, we were hit with the heat from the room like a blast furnace. The heating/cooling system was only heating and the cooling was non functional and no matter what setting you put it on, it would pump out only hot air. I’m not talking warm like 70 degrees Fahrenheit (21 Celsius), I’m talking HOT like 85-90 degrees Fahrenheit (29-32 Celsius). The room had obviously been closed up for quite some time and the heating system had been pumping out heat; heating up everything; the bed, the walls, the furniture-everything. So to try to get it cool without being able to turn on air conditioning or a ceiling fan, was nearly impossible. I found it near impossible to sleep until early morning. I had to first turn off the heating fan to stop it from blowing heat. Even with the heat off and just the system fan on, it still produced incredible heat. I then had to leave our door open and by opening the window; a small breeze was able to come through and assist in cooling things down. It took until 4 am until the room was finally cool enough for us to feel comfortable. Would I stay again? Absolutely not! Upon further searching, I found other hotels in the area that were the same price which offered free shuttle service. The lack of eating establishments and issue with the heat keeps me from recommending this hotel, even if for only one night

Room Tip: The rooms on the end of each floor; allow for a better air flow to get rid of the heat.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank TraveLotsnLots
Thank you very much for your positive comments about staff and shuttle services.
Obviously the heating in your room had to be damaged, caused no heating system can reach such a high temperatures in a hotel's room.
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Prat de Llobregat
Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto Hotel
#3 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,209 reviews
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by Premium Traveller
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by P...
#4 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat
Hesperia Tower
Hesperia Tower
#118 of 522 in Barcelona
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,332 reviews

Been to Salles Hotel Ciutat del Prat? Share your experiences!