“Nice place”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Conegliano, Italy
“Nice place”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

We had a hard time deciding where to stay because Easter in Barcelona was expensive. We decided here because it seemed convenient for the airport, city and public transportation. We opted for the 10 min cab ride which we paid €20 with tip. It was easier with the kids and our late arrival. It took 5 or so minutes to walk to the train station. The hotel is very nice, breakfast fantastic and the staff was very helpful! The room was wonderful and the bathroom huge! Wifi worked great and there were many outlets in the room! Just don't expect the wimpy european hair dryer, it has a serious one! There's a decent selection of places to eat around the hotel but my kids are very picky. We did find a couple but mainly stayed in town to eat. We took the train to the Espanya stop then changed trains to wherever we wanted to go. I think it was around 10-15 minutes to that stop. It was fine for us. There's a beautiful garden and pool outside. They have a nice gaming set up in the lobby for the kids and it's with a wifi hotspot for the parents.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank CFroehlich70
NBCornellaHotel, General Manager at Novotel Barcelona Cornella, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are more than happy to read about your pleasant experience with us. We appreciate very much you have shared your comments with us because is very gratifying.
We hope you think in this hotel for your next visit to Barcelona.

AN General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I spend 5 days in this hotel, the staff were so nice and friendly with a smile all the time, the price was ok..the room was fine spacious, TV was small could not watch clearly from bed. there is a sofa bed. The bed was very relaxing, Free WiFi, bathroom need a water hose next to toilet. taxi available, the metro walking distance, malls around the hotel with good location. Restaurant was fine.. i only used to have breakfast. Swimming pool.. the over all it is recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
NBCornellaHotel, General Manager at Novotel Barcelona Cornella, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

We hope you think in this hotel for your next visit to Barcelona.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I liked this hotel, good service , quality of food in restaurant, comfortable bar. Ideal for business trips in that area. The rooms are avg size but good enough for the area. I consider the customer Service of the front desk extraordinary, they make you feel special.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Epeniche
NBCornellaHotel, General Manager at Novotel Barcelona Cornella, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. For us the major recompense is to know our clients have enjoyed their stay in Novotel Barcelona Cornellà. I will share your nice words with the rest of the team.
We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Novotel is well known for being a good hotel at affordable prices. We stayed here for 2 nights. The Staff were friendly, The Rooms were good sizes, bathroom was nice. Wifi in Rooms is a Bonus with satellite TV and a sofa bed. If there was a Gym that would of been Amazing, but fortunately there is a Pool. Sadly, it was closed when we were there due to the season (Which I was not happy about) Overall its a good hotel, the downside is the location. Its not the Best and its not the Worst. There is a Metro Station 5 minutes walk, once your there about 8 stops to Barcelona central. If there was nearby restaurants (Apart from tapas) and nearby supermarket then I would have no complaints about locations. Overall Above average experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
NBCornellaHotel, General Manager at Novotel Barcelona Cornella, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment, this kind of words is our major recompense.
I hope you had a great time in Barcelona and see you again here.

A.N. General Manager
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night. Had a executive room: free wifi, softdrinks, separate shower and bath, clean room. Hotel is close to the airport (by public transport or taxi). Two points of critique: 1. the restaurant was closed during my stay, 2. the Novotel plastic sink in the bathroom is always a problem, water doesn`t go away easily (always reminds me of the Ibis hotel sinks). The breakfast is fine. Not close to the city center, but there is a railway/metro station closeby, as well as an El corte Ingles (including hipermercados). I would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Swaan53
Surrey, England
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The good things:
Very friendly staff - I didn't want to eat in the restaurant on my own so had room service two nights running. On the second night I wanted something fairly quick as it was very late and the person who took the call actually suggested something that didn't feature on the room service menu and it was really good (a smoked duck salad) and also very quick. Very helpful of him. In previous stays I haven't always found their room service to be that great but both evenings were very good this time.

It's pretty close to the airport and 5 minutes walk to the World Trade Centre buildings at Cornella (not the WTC downtown though - be aware, there are two in Barcelona.)

The less good:
The bed was very creaky. Thankfully I was on my own so I was only waking myself up as I rolled over.
The wifi is patchy in-room and the TV had very limited English speaking channels - BBC News 24, CNN and Sky News. I scrolled through every last one of them and I'm sure they used to have a couple of BBC channels previously.
The hairdryer was broken. I can forgive them this and called reception at 08.00, with wet hair, asking for a replacement. I was told it would be sent straight up. I called again at 08.10, same thing. I finally called at 08.25, with three-quarters dry hair, to tell them that I just couldn't wait any longer as I had to leave to get to a meeting, to be told that they hadn't been able to find the technician to bring the hairdryer. Goodness knows why it would take a technician to bring a hairdryer. I had to leave the hotel with damp hair, which I was very unhappy about. There was a hairdryer in the room when I came back that evening, so I hope the next guest found it useful. If I were to stay there again, which I probably won't, I would feel the need to take a hairdryer with me just in case, which you just don't want to do when you are on a short business trip.

I've marked the service down as a result of the hairdryer experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank puffpuff
NBCornellaHotel, General Manager at Novotel Barcelona Cornella, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear guest,

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Actually it´s a shame you have left from this hotel with a bad feeling.

Please sorry for your bad experience with the hairdryer, for us the most important is the comfort of our guest and We didn´t solve the problem with the hairdryer correctly, sorry for that.

Also thank you for your positive comments about the staff and room service, I am delighted to know these services were pleasing to you.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Barcelona Cornella.
Actually your satisfaction is the most important for us and obviously if we didn´t meet your expectation you didn´t find the comfort enough.

AN. General Manager
NH Cornella
#1 of 4 in Cornella de Llobregat
BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel
#2 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat

Been to Novotel Barcelona Cornella? Share your experiences!