“Nice surroundings but nothing special food wise”

Chesham Tandoori Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 58 Restaurants in Chesham
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Fusion, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Nice surroundings but nothing special food wise”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Having read the reviews here, I thought a post theatre trip would be a good idea. Pleasant enough interior and attentive service despite it being late(ish) on a Saturday evening.

Starters remarkably bland despite being served quickly. Main courses better but still edging towards neutrality in terms of spice (I speak as someone with an Asian palate), by this I don't mean heat.

I can't fault the very reasonable selection or pricing, but the delivery of the actual food was not up to scratch. I am not very familiar with the area but I wonder whether there is a lack of local competition?

• Visited November 2012

Bridgend
“Excellent Friendy & Comfortable”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Came here Dec 12 having read the positive reviews. I was not disappointed, from the moment I walked in I was met by the smiling friendly staff and owner. The restaurant is very modern yet atmospheric and comfortable, The menu offers a good choice from contemporary to "traditional" dishes. I had the usual poppadoms and chutneys to start - light & crispy with fresh generous chutneys. For main I chose the Tandoori special which was a mixed grill served on a sizzling platter. The spicing and taste was superb accompanied by a garlic naan and washed down with a bottle of cold cobra. Would highly recommend and hope to return..

• Visited December 2012
Bucks
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always excellent”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I'm a repeat visitor and will continue to be. Never a fault with the Chesham Tandoori. I would always recommend this restaurant to friends and family.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank sianysianysian
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Indian I have ever eaten.”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We visited the restaurant to try and bring our baby on! I don't usually eat Indian food - I usually find it quite greasy and never enjoy it that much.
We had a great meal. The poppadums and dips were yummy, the curries were very tasty, fresh and not at all greasy. It was quick and the staff were very friendly.
Great stuff!

Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
“My Favourite”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

i have been eating here for years and will keep on doing so. THE BEST BY FAR!!! the curries are always tasty,never had a bad one.the staff are always friendly the beer is always cold. i'm on first name terms in there (sad but true)

• Visited September 2012