“Quite special”

De Vere Latimer Estate
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Chesham
Reviewed April 30, 2014

As a conference venue, this is the type of place I avoid using as they don't tend to cater well to hotel guests. However, it has proven me wrong.

Beautiful setting, well appointed rooms, great staff and very good food. The view from the room was amazing and I loved the place,

The only issues I had at all was the noise from conference guests over night, but you cant blame the staff for that and finally seating in the bar, very few places to sit and eat if you get a few guests not wishing to use the restaurant.

Will definitely use again

Room Tip: Specifically ask for a quiet area
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
twin2009, Front Office Manager at De Vere Latimer Estate, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thank you for your recent review, I am so glad that you chose to stay with us. We are lucky to be in an area of outstanding beauty and I do hope that you had time to enjoy the grounds.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Carolyn

There are newer reviews for De Vere Latimer Estate

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed in this hotel to attend a seminar. It's one of the most relaxing places I've ever seen. I plan to stay again, but this time with my wife for a relaxing weekend. You can breath the fresh air, hear the birds singing, watch the river flow, see the squirrels running around and enjoy the nature.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
twin2009, General Manager at De Vere Latimer Estate, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

I hope that your seminar at Latimer Place was a success. We are indeed in a most idyllic setting and I hope that you do manage to visit again for a relaxing stay.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed after a wedding reception, good room rate, room was on the small side and some redecoration required. Superb setting. Serving staff at breakfast were sullen and I'm still waiting for a coffee refill!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

I do hope that the Wedding was a lovely day and enjoyed by everyone. I take your point on board with regard to the breakfast team and I am sorry that you did not receive the correct level of service. Your feedback will be communicated and addressed with the team.

Tessa Win

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Just back from a short one night stay here and it was a real treat for myself and my wife. Found it through the latest De Vere "£20 room only" deals and have to say, it was great value and a memorable experience. The whole place is very impressive, particularly the old house, where we had a drink and ate dinner. From the moment we arrived, the staff were v.welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. The leisure facilities were really good. Would like to visit again during better weather and sit on the terrace overlooking the Chess valley and admire the lovely views.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I love this hotel. I go on business a few times a year and it's just wonderful. Ideal for someone with a busy life to give relaxation before business activities. It's in the middle of nowhere but only 2 miles from Chalfont where there are pubs and restaurants. It's just outside a chocolate box type village - lovely for walks and there's a lovely riverside walk. The bar has tables outside overlooking the river - it's glorious.
Staff are lovely and very helpful. The food is fine. I've given it a 4* because I find the bedrooms in the mews small and dark. I prefer staying in the hotel.
It's busy, has a mix of business and families as guests so I wouldn't be put off coming with my family.
Great for exploring between Buckinghamshire and London. It's 50 minutes from kings cross to Chalfont and latimer station on the Metropolitan line. Gilbert's taxis are great very reliable £6 to the hotel.
Great for a spa weekend too.
If you read older reviews you might find people saying its a mobile signal blackspot - when I started going last year it was, however, this has been resolved and it's fine. Free wifi all round the hotel too.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the main hotel building unless you're not going to be in your room long.
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I booked the hotel as a six year anniversary stay for Me and my girlfriend, to have a romantic weekend round London, 2 days prior (thurs) to the stay I rang the hotel and arranged for a bouquet of flowers and a bottle of rose wine to be in the room on arrival, and told that it would be. On arrival (sat) when we was checking in the receptionist asked if we ordered the rose wine, which completely ruined the surprise for girlfriend. I was hoping the flowers would still surprise her, but surprised me more because they weren't in the room, but thought we did check in at 2pm that they might not had chance to put into the room yet, so we gor changed n went into London for a few hours, came back and still no rose wine and flowers, by the next Night (sunday) I'd had enough, complained to reception told them the situation and how dissatisfied I was, they asked did I still want the wine I said yeah, they brought it to the room, and said I didn't swipe a credit card they would add it to the room charge, I said I weren't paying for the wine because it was supposed to be here on arrival yesterday, he said he would talk to the manager and let me know, 15 minutes later I rang reception for a response, they sent a man to my room, who said it was there fault there was a mix up and weren't sure if I still wanted the wine, and they had been trying to contact my room (yet we was in the room from 7pm onwards each day and only left at 11)n he also said he'd knock 30% of the price of the wine, told him take it back, which he seemed happy to do.

Overall disappointing stay, and very poor customer service, if I knew the wine and flowers would of been a problem, I would of made alternate arrangements but was assured it was all taken care off, very disappointed

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Craig S
twin2009, Front Office Manager at De Vere Latimer Estate, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Latimer Place. I am sorry that on this occassion we have not delivered your requests and apologise about the way we have dealt with you during your stay. I do hope that you enjoyed your time in London, we would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future in order to make ammends.

Carolyn

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Just got back from a quick one night stay for my husband's birthday. Have stayed at this hotel a couple of times before and it is absolutely gorgeous. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Our room was lovely and the food, as always, very nice and very well presented. The breakfast buffet choice was amazing. The location is so peaceful and we only paid £20 for the room! Many other groups of hotels could learn a lot from a stay at this hotel. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesham
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
The Grove Hotel
The Grove Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chandler's Cross
Crowne Plaza Marlow

Been to De Vere Latimer Estate? Share your experiences!