“Came for a company xmas dinner party, left without dinner after waiting 2.5 hours.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Foia - CLOSED

Foia
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

What I did eat while I was there was:

Bread service- Bread was hard and ice cold, as if it had just come from the refrigerator.
Bruschetta - Cold, dry, bland. Basically a lump of minced garlic and diced tomatoes. No onion, basil, olive oil, salt or pepper. Pathetic.
Shrimp - Hard, rubbery, bland. Very overcooked. Devoid of seasoning. Looks like alot more time was spent plating it than actually cooking it properly.
Carpaccio - Cold hard bread sticks (more bread...) a small pile of arugula, and 4 tiny slices of meat the disintegrate into a much the size of a pea when I try to pick it up. Plenty of balsamic reduction drizzled everywhere, again absolutely no salt or pepper at all. I mean, come on, carpaccio and you can't even season it? Very sad attempt.
Salad- Handful of spring mix and some balsamic dressing. Thats it. I think I might have seen a tiny sliver of red onion in my fiances salad. Not even CLOSE to what I'd expect from such a gorgeous restaurant. I can buy a bag of premade salad mix from the superstore for $1.99 that's 10 times better.
Penne Pasta - The absolute saddest, most pathetic dish of the night so far. The worst catering at the cheapest wedding I ever went to was better. The noodles were cooked properly, I'll give them that, but the sauce looked and tasted like something you get in a jar from the grocery store. Totally bland, and again without even the slightest hint of seasoning or love. There is no way on earth that was made in house from scratch. The majority of my table sends the pasta back untouched. A few of us that are just too hungry and can't wait anymore eat the pasta anyways.
At this point it's been 2 and a half hours, and my fiance and I decide that we've been here long enough, and that it's CLEARLY not worth anymore waiting. On my way out I mention to the host the we were very dissapointed with our experience tonight. He doesn't seem to care. We make our exit only to be followed by another couple from the party that has decided that enough is enough.
We leave Fioa and goto Burgerking, as it's too late now to go anywhere else, and we're so hungry we just need something to eat.
Needless to say we will not be coming back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DDY420

“Nothing but praise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Having been to Foia several times I must say it continues to be at the top of my list for places to eat in this area. The service is always friendly and efficient but the new menu items win my praises. They are creative and absolutely delicious, especially the rice balls!
The potato and leek soup with gorgonzola is rich and flavourful..my favourite.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank concord98
“Fabulous, flavorful Foia!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful atmosphere with fabulous food fun loving staff and great desserts too!!
Foia treated us like family and the experience was amazing. Thank you to Rosario and staff we will be back!!

Windsor, Canada
“Dreadful, over priced, never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

If I had not been given a gift certificate I would have walked out! Two tiny pieces of bread with a glob of disgusting cheese and 2 tiny roasted tomatoes was $12 - supposed to be garlic bread! Way over priced, food amounts would not satisfy a toddler. No one in the restaurant but our table and the service was still appalling and slow. Don't go there unless you have too much money, previously eaten and a lot of time to waste. Sorry harsh but true!

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Nasus Y
Windsor, Canada
“Great Food! Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

This place is one of my favourite restaurants! The food is always delicious and the atmosphere is so relaxed & cozy, yet posh. We book many parties here and frequent for dinner on a regular basis. The staff are friendly and helpful and you can always be greeted with a smile. It's rich dark wood and warm colours make you feel like you are in the big city but has a calming effect that makes you want to stay all night. They have a great wine list to choose from and the chef always starts you out with a deliciously savory butter for your fresh baked bread. All I can say is..... yum!

• Visited January 2012