“Reliable Italian” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dolcissimo

Dolcissimo
Reserve with
Dolcissimo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 28 Restaurants in Haberfield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Reliable Italian”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Dined here with partner and wary of reviews-yes service is basic but food plentiful.We ate pizza,gnocchi,salad,garlic bread and gelato.The pizza is authentic and gnocchi excellent and very soft but didn't know pesto was made with cream so next time would change sauce choice.The caprese salad was very generous and ice cream yummy.Garlic bread was good but no room with pizza.We took away our remaining pizza and waiter was nice in accomodating our sitting closer together.Its a good place for a small group especially as there is booth seating.Also its BYO so a real bonus for wine drinkers.Overall a pleasant experience in a local area with good access to parking.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Sydney, Australia
“Extremely rude people running this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

I am a local and I have visited this restaurant a few times since it opened. My first experience should have warned me as it wasn't the best - poor service, orders incorrect and food so-so but I continued to persist as the menu was pretty good and the restaurant was conveniently located. I recently returned and it is the visit that has prompted me to write this review. I cannot believe the manner in which the people running this restaurant treat their customers. They called me names and made threats to me after I queried the bill. Their behaviour was disgraceful and aggressive and they scared my young daughter who was with me at the time. I can't believe that they are still in business. The older lady seems ready to pick a fight with anyone and the older bloke is too scared to stand up to her and so he backs her up. It is a no win situation for customers. I will never return to this restaurant again and I want to warn people about the "owners" appalling treatment of not only their customers but also their staff. The way they speak to their staff is also disgraceful and mean. I am not sure if they are the owners but I can't imagine why anyone would employ these people to run a restaurant. Therefore I assume they must own it as any reasonable person would have fired them a long time ago.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank LocalSydneysider
Melbourne
“Good Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Have been coming to this place for a long time.The food is just as good but the staff I would suggest are getting worse.We came here with friends and to say the least we were treated pretty ordinary.I enjoyed my meal but it was a constant battle to get any service at all.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Robbo44Melbourne
Sydney
“Can't recommend on this experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

The only thing that saved the evening was meeting up with old friends and having a birthday to celebrate with some nice French champagne. Luckily when you're with great friends you really just need somewhere to gather and hope you'll get a half decent meal. At bare minimum this was just decent. Didn't try the entrée pizza's but the others did, and they looked and smelt fine. My Seafood Risotto was so ordinary I'd not recommend and a dining companion who had the pasta with seafood finished off with, Well that was just so so. Very little seafood and lots of bland rice and am guessing the pasta dish was the same. Italian staff member without much English provided some entertainment for the night when she'd stand there with dishes not even knowing what she's brought out (we guessed the ingredients for her). Highlight was the Gelato and the only thing to go here for (except perhaps if you stick to the pizzas). Lots of great flavoured Gelato, creamy and possibly the best I've had. Hate writing a bad review but we're spoilt for choice in Sydney and restaurants need to step up and not rely on past reputations.

• Visited April 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Worst restaurant ever been too”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

If I could this 0 stars - I would! This place should be shut down.

Firstly, I come to a place to enjoy a meal in peace with my partner and I had a obnoxious, nasty, arrogant woman (who I think may be the owner of the establishment) yell and scream at staff as if it was okay to communicate to people like this. Mind you, this was in front of all customers who was a mix of non phased and confused looking bunch - maybe because most people associate customer service and ambiance to be an expected thing in the industry.

I just like to mention - I DON'T APPRECIATE THE STAFF SMOKING IN THE RESTAURANT. If I had of realised it was acceptable to smoke in the restaurant, I wouldn't have come. I have asthma and for myself, it was quite hard for me to even enjoy sitting at the table whilst waiting for my food. I actually had to leave the restaurant as I found it hard to breathe.

I hated this place and will never set foot in it again

• Visited March 2014