This was our second trip to Club Amigo Bungalows. We went there 14 years ago and have been to Cuba 7 times in all. This is a good 3 star. We stayed in the bungalows because it is central and has the best buffet of them all. We will probably try the villas next year. It is older and needs some sprucing up but we don't mind we are there for the sun & the beach. Most staff are very friendly and if you tip once in a while you will certainly get better service. Do remember that it is Cuba and they run on Cuban time and are never in a hurry. Buffet ok , pasta very good and so is the grill, restaurants ok. Pools, well we saw some green but we are not pool people. Many Canadians and that's a plus . Avoid bungalows close to the local disco, very noisy on Saturday & Sunday. Neat market in front. No problem for beach chairs. Many locals on beach but they are very friendly & nice. It helps to speak a bit of Spanish. If you want to go out ask Rodolpho one of the waiters; his son has a beautiful restaurant close by. It is called Balcones del Rey. A good tip: if you want to change your money into Cuban pesos do it right off and get more because the wait at the bank can be very long...
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Club Amigo Atlantico - Guardalavaca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Amigo Atlantico - Guardalavaca Hotel Guardalavaca
- Hotel Amigo Atlantico Guardalavaca
- Amigo Guardalavaca Hotel Holguin
- Amigo Guardalavaca Club
- Club Amigo Guardalavaca
- Club Amigo Atlantico - Guardalavaca Cuba - Holguin Province