I recommend this for anyone that wants a relaxing yet adventurous vacation. This is my first time on a trip with my BF and my first time at an all-inclusive... I am very picky and used to good service and food that I pay money for.. so this was good
Our first night wasn't that pleasant (some of the workers were rude [not reception, just one of the snack bars] but the front desk helped us out)... we arrived late so all the buffets were closing but the main buffet still let us in =)
Our week was a mixture of GOOD weather (3 days) and crappy weather (3 days) but it was a good balance as rainy days prompted us to ditch the beach and check out what the resort and its excursions offer (but walking in the rain at the beach is very romantic and exciting)
The view is excellent. There is a little area of corals that are near the shore that is amazing (you don't even need snorkels). Scuba diving was a great experience (have an independent SD house on the beach... about 40 CUC), the corals are not that nice though.
I only saw one cochroach (and it was a squashed one)... and got about 5 mosquito bites (I went to the nearby lagoon without putting on bug-repellent). WHen the weather is warm, there were flies but it wasn't excessive and c'mon, its warm and there is good food, why would there be no flies?
The french restaurant had the best food & service... The Romantic Restaurant had the nicest staff and the best atmosphere. The Italian Restaurant had really good seafood and the portions are ENORMOUS... The buffet had the best fried bananas and the decor was amazing! =)
Overall, it was way better than what I expected, the beach is gorgeous, the people are very friendly and EVERYTHING was really CLEAN =)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four -Star All Inclusive Resort with 464 rooms. Located beachfront in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province, where visitors will be amazed by the dazzling superposition of blues and greens from the sea, sky and costal shrubbery. This hotel complex is surrounded by extensive green areas and offers a wide variety of services and attractions. Recommended for families, weddings, honeymoons and tourist groups.Guest Rooms464 rooms: 308 Standard, 108 Standard Ocean View, 30 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 Junior Suite, 4 Suite, 8 Family Suite Ocean ViewDining7 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet), 6 Bars ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Booking.com so you can book your Sol Rio de Luna y Mares reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Hotel Guardalavaca
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Resort
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Guardalavaca, Cuba - Holguin Province