I visited this resort in November 2013 with a friend. We chose Cuba because of the no single supplement special. This resort is a great spot for a relaxing week and you become one of family as the week goes on. Our favourite staff were Jose (lobby bar) and Hecor (Mexican restaurant). Food is just fine, 'champagne" was available everywhere ( my only drink choice), and the beach is spectacular. Lots of stairs to beach area, but you can reduce the number of stairs by walking to the Luna side and finding the winding path that ends in 50% less stairs to beach. The view from the Luna side ocean front rooms is amazing - I would not choose any other room - building 5 or 6 we found the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four -Star All Inclusive Resort with 464 rooms. Located beachfront in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province, where visitors will be amazed by the dazzling superposition of blues and greens from the sea, sky and costal shrubbery. This hotel complex is surrounded by extensive green areas and offers a wide variety of services and attractions. Recommended for families, weddings, honeymoons and tourist groups.Guest Rooms464 rooms: 308 Standard, 108 Standard Ocean View, 30 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 Junior Suite, 4 Suite, 8 Family Suite Ocean ViewDining7 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet), 6 Bars ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and TravelUp so you can book your Sol Rio de Luna y Mares reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Hotel Guardalavaca
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Resort
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Guardalavaca, Cuba - Holguin Province