Just back from 2 weeks in paradise! Myself and my boyfriend loved it and we recommend Cuba and the hotel to everyone.
The hotel was clean and staff were fantastic our best friend Jenny Jenny from the bar! She worked so hard and made a great rum punch in the pool swim up bar!
The maids work hard and made sure room was cleaned everyday and had our bottles of water in the fridge.
Juan Carlos the rep is so funny don't just book it Thomas cook it and great at his job and booked our trips with him and shared good information.
Only complaints were food could be a bit repetitive for 2 weeks but the restaurants were nice change. Mexican was good and we loved the French went twice and service was fantastic! Italian however service worst I've ever experienced and food was pretty awful too!
The staff at the mares side seem to be more friendly and happy however the men on the bar at night were rude and dismissive when trying to order a drink and didn't like giving you water.
The entertainment was hit or a miss water ballet fantastic and the circus amazing however after shows there is nothing expect beach bar starts at 11 and group of young people we met wanted to go listen to good music get drunk and have a dance. This was not the case music dj played was rubbish just Cuban music which don't mind however same stuff all day and at night for 2 weeks a bit annoying. We asked him if he had English music he would play one song and then back to same rubbish.
Overall the hotel was good but few things such as rude staff and entertainment would be be improve on.
Excursions we went on-
Amazing beautiful place and we loved this one! The beaches were like something out a movie and felt like real paradise.
Long day and bit boring. Cigar factory your are not shown much and in there for 5 minutes and then taken to show which was good with Cuban style. Then to holiguin centre good market but so many people begging and struggle getting back on couch which down side.
Dine with dolphins
Best trip amazing! Do the three tricks my boyfriend did got great pictures. We gave camera to one of the staff took loads! Dolphins so friendly and well looked after. The sea lion show so funny and loved the dolphin show. Meal was lovely had lobster for first time and will have again. Then to end catamaran ride into the sunset with all inclusive bar. Fantastic!
Shown how the Cubans live they are so poor and have nothing but they are so happy! Go first to a small village see doctors house and then on to Indian village weird but a laugh and also the Cuban farm which was great! Farmer showed us what he grows and his way of life. Then to the market where can get loads souvenirs and to the bar. Great day out and real insight to real Cuba
Cuban people are so lovely and friendly and as I mentioned really don't have a lot if you go on these trips take any clothes you may leave or toiletries to give to the people in the villages they really appreciate it! Many people give to hotel worker who actually are the better off Cubans and live in better conditions to those in the small villages.
We really loved Cuba and would go again met some lovely people and best holiday we ever been to!
Thank you to all the staff and the tour guides and much love to the Cuban people!
Cuba is special place and will remain in our hearts!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four -Star All Inclusive Resort with 464 rooms. Located beachfront in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province, where visitors will be amazed by the dazzling superposition of blues and greens from the sea, sky and costal shrubbery. This hotel complex is surrounded by extensive green areas and offers a wide variety of services and attractions. Recommended for families, weddings, honeymoons and tourist groups.Guest Rooms464 rooms: 308 Standard, 108 Standard Ocean View, 30 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 Junior Suite, 4 Suite, 8 Family Suite Ocean ViewDining7 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet), 6 Bars ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TravelUp and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sol Rio de Luna y Mares reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Hotel Guardalavaca
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Resort
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Guardalavaca, Cuba - Holguin Province