Just got back from here, we all had a great time. The weather was great all bar a couple of overcast days(still 30 degs). The hotel was clean and quite well maintained, only a few minor details not really worth a mention.
The staff are fantastic, (thank you Dharia and Yanellis)all very friendly and most of them are really happy to help. It was nice to see the management walking the grounds checking on things at different times of the day not hidden in an office.
The food is good but as has been said before does get a little 'samey' but there is a good choice for every taste.The catering manager is really helpful and open to requests.The Luna side of the resort is by far the quietest, all the entertainment and noise seems to be on the Mares side and as we had a young child with us so that suited us fine.
The beach is by far one of the best i have been on. we did all the usual nautical activities which were great.
Our son used the kids club which is run by the fantastic Irena, they all seemed to have a great time. All in all we had a great time, we even managed to get an extra day due to flight delay ain't life hell!! Would we go back?,... Like a shot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four -Star All Inclusive Resort with 464 rooms. Located beachfront in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province, where visitors will be amazed by the dazzling superposition of blues and greens from the sea, sky and costal shrubbery. This hotel complex is surrounded by extensive green areas and offers a wide variety of services and attractions. Recommended for families, weddings, honeymoons and tourist groups.Guest Rooms464 rooms: 308 Standard, 108 Standard Ocean View, 30 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 Junior Suite, 4 Suite, 8 Family Suite Ocean ViewDining7 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet), 6 Bars ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Booking.com and Prodigios Interactivos SA so you can book your Sol Rio de Luna y Mares reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Hotel Guardalavaca
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Resort
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Guardalavaca, Cuba - Holguin Province