I would think in its day this was a great hotel, it is now needing some TLC.Most of the staff are very helpfull and friendly even though they appear under staff,we had to set our own table several times,and drinks were very slow being served in the bars.The resort was kept very clean as was the rooms.
We were two ladys traveling together we felt safe at all time,we would go back as it was very good value for money it could be a super resort if given a new coat of paint.We enjoyed our holiday very much.The hotel was just right for us the first 11 days then it got very busy and lost a lot of its friendlyness we had not thought about how large the resort was untill it started to fill up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four -Star All Inclusive Resort with 464 rooms. Located beachfront in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province, where visitors will be amazed by the dazzling superposition of blues and greens from the sea, sky and costal shrubbery. This hotel complex is surrounded by extensive green areas and offers a wide variety of services and attractions. Recommended for families, weddings, honeymoons and tourist groups.Guest Rooms464 rooms: 308 Standard, 108 Standard Ocean View, 30 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 Junior Suite, 4 Suite, 8 Family Suite Ocean ViewDining7 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet), 6 Bars ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Hotel Guardalavaca
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Resort
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Guardalavaca, Cuba - Holguin Province