Maria Ferreira - Sept. 15 to 22.
I just came back from Sol Rio de Luna Y Mares few hours ago and this past week was like living a dream!-I've traveled to many resorts before but this one was the best by far.
The hotel is very clean, the food is excellent, the stuff is very polite, professional and friendly.
Actually if you go to the Costumer Service Center (yes, they have one there) you will be greeted with a smile.We went there, not because we had any problem but because we were so happy!
The landscape of this resort is second to none!
The swimming pool is always being clean and the beach is gorgeous with white powdered sand, turquoise waters and lots of palapos.
Plenty of pedal boats, hobbie cats, etc...
The security in this resort is the best I've ever seen!
The rooms are very spacious with very high ceilings and in it you have all you need: iron, ironing board, an umbrella,hair dryer, safety deposit box (free) TV, telephone, fridge and fresh water.
The water pressure in the shower head in the bathroom was really good!
You'll have clean towels daily and plenty of toilet paper!
They also have beach towels.
The reason we didn't try any a la carte restaurants was due to the fact that the food in the Buffet is high quality food.Besides the food that is already prepared you have the privilege to choose from different types of fish and meats and they will grill it for you.
Roger, the Grill Chef became my husband's favorite person!-Everyday we were there my husband ate grilled shrimp,cod fish and red snapper: his favorite dishes!
My husband has never written a review all his life but this time is says he will!
Everybody treated us so well that it's hard to highlight just a few but I will mention Jose, Yurina, Ruby, Katia and Miladis, our maid.
They have high quality entertainment!
Now I want to do justice to Mr. Manuel Vasquez, the Manager (Director General).
As a Manager he is a rare gem!
He is always willing to help you and he did something that really touched my heart !-While talking to us, out of the corner of his eye he saw an elderly couple (the man walking with a cane) that seemed confused.Mr.Manuel excused himself and he went to assist them by leading them to the Luna side.
Then he came back to us!
This gentleman is very professional and friendly and humbled as well!
We stayed at the Mares side facing the pool and we could see part of the ocean.
What an amazing view!
When you sit at the lobby bar or at the buffet (outside) you will always be able to enjoy a great view; the swimming pool and the ocean!
By the way: they have a non smoking section in the restaurant.
They also have a 24 hour bar (with food) by the swimming pool.
After such a long day (when we arrive) it's good to be able to eat something even if it is at midnight (like we did).
Now the last but not the least:the public washrooms are very clean and there is plenty of toilet paper, soap, paper towel and even flowers!
This resort is good for everyone: the elderly, families with children and singles.
I appreciate the fact that I didn't have to watch young Cuban girls with old men like I have previously in other resorts.
Keep it clean!
I hope they keep Mr. Manuel Vasquez there for a long time because no resort runs like this on its own!
Thank you Mr. Vasquez for making our vacation a memorable one!
God bless you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four -Star All Inclusive Resort with 464 rooms. Located beachfront in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province, where visitors will be amazed by the dazzling superposition of blues and greens from the sea, sky and costal shrubbery. This hotel complex is surrounded by extensive green areas and offers a wide variety of services and attractions. Recommended for families, weddings, honeymoons and tourist groups.Guest Rooms464 rooms: 308 Standard, 108 Standard Ocean View, 30 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 Junior Suite, 4 Suite, 8 Family Suite Ocean ViewDining7 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet), 6 Bars ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Rio de Luna y Mares reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Hotel Guardalavaca
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Resort
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Guardalavaca, Cuba - Holguin Province