“Alex Dive Master Fantastic, Fun and exceptional”

Eagle Ray Scuba Diving Center
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Alex Dive Master Fantastic, Fun and exceptional”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

great dive sites, fantastic dive master (Alex) great sense of humor attention to detail decent english/spanish... meaning his english is better then my spanish LOL

Wall dives were awesome... great coral . good vis..and a general great time!!!

Water taxi from Brisas 0850 am every day...

They store your gear for you..... looking so forward to returning....

Visited June 2014
4 Thank tormedic

Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I just returned from a great week in Cuba at Club Amigo Guardalavaca.
I decided to check out the dive centre right on the beach at Guardalvaca just down from Club Amigo. I had brought my own equipment so I can't comment too much on the equipment that they provided, but it is included in the dive pricing package. From what I saw it looked in good condition and my dive buddy was an experienced who decided to use their equipment and he didn't have any complaints about it at all.
I booked my dives directly at the centre. The go out 2 times a day. 9am and 11 am. the 9am dive is a deep dive (approx 30m) and the 11 am is a shallower dive. There are 23 different dive sites that are along Guardalavaca beach ranging from wall dives, reef dives and wreck dives. The sites they choose depends on the conditions of the day.
I had planned on doing 4 dives, but on the first day I had planned the winds were high and the Coast Guard cancelled the operations for the day. So I only got to do 2 dives. My advice is to arrange to dive early in your trip, that way if it gets cancelled due to weather, you can just go the next day.
The staff and Dive Master were very helpful and knowledgeable. Alex was amazing during the dives, pointing out various plants and fish for us to take pictures of.
The only thing that I can mention about the trip that would be of any issue at all is the getting into the boat. The ladder is small and difficult to pull yourself in full of gear.
As I had stated I brought my own equipment. I had planned on doing one more dive on the Monday before going on another excursion, but this didn't work out as my stomach was having issues. I was able to leave my gear there so I didn't have to lug it back to the hotel between my planned dives.
The prices were pretty reasonable, $120 Cuc for four dives, 90 for 3, $60 for 2 and $45 for 1 (Gear included).
The centre also attempted to arrange a night dive for the group of people who had dove on the one day. They arranged it for a time I wasn't available, but it sounded amazing.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank KanuJ
Doncaster, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Amazing experience. Never done it before. Guys very helpful, if you do not feel confortable there is plenty of time to get friendly :) with all instruments and stuff around diving. You tell them when you ready for dive. Alex is amazing explain you everything and make you feel safe 50 meters under the water. We are going back in June 2014 and we want to do diving course to achieve diving certificate.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank ZejmanJ
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stated at Brisas Hotel and went with the pacage offered by our rep to go scuba diving.

Absolutely loved it and the guys were great down there as it was our first dive they were very reassuring and helpfull. We were that impressed that we booked to go again a few days later.

Were going back in June and intend to take up the certificate so we can dive anywhere else in the world.

Visited June 2013
4 Thank Gee_donny
Kent
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Couldn't be more helpful”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Before going to Cuba we had researched the best dive centre to use and this was backed up by our Thomas Cook rep so we booked an initial dive to see what the centre was like and whether I would be ok for diving as I had had a knee operation 8 weeks before. Alex the DM couldn't have been more helpful. We got picked up from the hotel and taken to the centre. I explained about my knee issue and he said not a problem and that he would carry my equipment for me and I was to dekit before getting back on the boat and he would pull my gear in. He was true to his word and it was never a problem. As my husband and I dive regularly we were pretty much left to out own devices within the group but was checked on for gas etc on a regular basis. We booked a further 4 dives with the centre and the staff were great. We took our own equipment as we weren't sure what theirs would be like but was pleasantly surprised that their gear was of a good standard. Would recommend this centre.

Visited August 2013