“V good!!!!!!!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Guardalavaca
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“V good!!!!!!!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I read the reviews and sometimes I think that I have spent my holiday in totally different place......
Fact, the hotel is old but the staff put really a lot of effort to keep it nice and clean. The room are not the biggest one, but you are not going to the plase so far awy to stay in the room,right? There is everything basic and I think this is absolutely enough.The bathroom looks much much better than in some houses I have rent in UK or B&B's. Really nothing to complain!
We have stayed in the hotel secion with great sea view
This was our honeymoon stay and we really enjoyed!!
Beach is amazing!!
Plenty of sunbeds everywhere.
Buffet and restaurnats also very good. Someone says that the food was repetative....Maybe a bit but even though you can choose every day something different.
I think people are to picky sometimes and silly thing like not comfy pillow enough could never spoil my holiday,does not matter where I m going.
For 100% I can reccomend romantic dinner on the beach!!
And the churros!!!yummy:)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
13 Thank Karolina603

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,163)
  • Polish first
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This was our 7th stay here after a 2 year absence, some nice changes the ice cream stand, Havana bar, and extra a la carte restaurants. Staff and service was wonderful and everything was kept very clean. Good selection of food in the buffet, I especially enjoyed the creeps at breakfast. Plenty of lounges around the pool.

The only negative thing was that the tap water now tastes awful, apparently this started after hurricane Sandy. We left a note for our maid and she gave us a water bottle every day. Bottled water in the restaurants would be helpful.

We always take down salad dressing, maple syrup, and Franks red hot but noted that they had quite a few condiments and brand name sauces this time.

We would recommend this spot as it is a great value for your dollar, clean, safe, and a beautiful location. We will be back again!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
13 Thank Ray S
jaywick
Reviewed January 26, 2014

we just come back from this wonderful hotel. the amenities are great the staff are wonderful. our villa was lovely. the beach fantastic. there are two beautiful areas for weddings. so many resturants to eat in a place to drink at every corner... cocktails 24 hours of the day and eat 24 hours of the day.. the most amazing trip of a life time is to go and swim with the dolphins... the trainers are fantastic exremly caring for the animals and the people that come to play with the dolphins....would really recommend this place for your holiday. we flew with thomsom but sadly they finish flying to cuba in april so if you want to go its with Thomas cook. the only downside is the beach sunbeds have no cushion so take a blow up lilo.

Room Tip: villas are the best as the rooms looking at sea view are over the 24 hour bar.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
10 Thank maisiemouseJaywick
Essex
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Had a fantastic time, plenty of sun sea and alcohol. Food was plentiful with no complaints. Only downside when it rains there is not a lot to do so take plenty of books or games. Roberto in Havanah bar is a gem looked after us really well. Swim with the dolphins was unbelievable as was the paradise island catamaran trip, came away with free bottle of rum each.

Tip of the day - buy a thermal cup to take with u, bar staff will fill it with whatever takes your fancy from tea ti cocktails. Better than the plastic cups they give u by beach and pool.

will definitely go again

Room Tip: Definately go for hotel rooms not overlooking pool, they r a lot quiter, not good view but spends al...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank JulieEssex
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from brisas and was pleasantly surprised, once you get past the unhelpful, surly and downright rude reception staff, everyone else we met from cleaners, bar staff, waiters etc were absolutely brilliant, friendly and very helpful. The food was of a good standard and quite varied, the rooms were fine but could do with a little updating. Everywhere was spotlessly clean, the gardens and beach were a delight. The entertainment team left a bit too be desired (took a few days to get going), the evening entertainments were varied and generally of quite a high standard. A special show is the water show, a cross between synchronised swimming dance and acrobatics, absolutely breathtaking!!!. I would gladly return to this hotel, we met some lovely people and were made to feel nothing but welcome.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank FredF1
niagara falls
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We visited the resort Jan.11-Jan 18. I was reluctant at first considering a bad experience I had in Varadero in 2007. I can honestly tell I had a wonderful vacation and I'll come back. We bought a ocean view room, but after 2 nights we realized wasn't for us. The room is facing the 24hrs bar and theatre, very noisy until wee hours in the morning. We exchanged for a villa room, very quite and peaceful, staff at reception desk very helpful in this matter.
Food was plentiful and I never went hungry, the 24hrs bar had warm sandwiches, pizzas(yummy), burgers and hotdogs. Good for late night snacks and late arrivals at the resort.
Staff is warm and genuinely friendly, which I valued the most.
I have only 2 small complaints, one is about MOJITOS!!!!!!!!! Seems to be a shortage of mint leafs in the resort, I had only 2 the whole week?!?!
Second is the computers situation, for the longest time only one computer out of three, was working. Line was long and for a day even that one was down. By the time we left, all three of them were running.
Rooms in the villa were large and clean, with a garden patio. Will be very beneficial if they put up a clothesline for towels and such.
I want to extend a special thank you for the massage therapist. For 25CUC a had a full body massage that lasted 45min and in the process he fixed my sciatic pain. Even now, after a week I still have no pain. Kudos to him!!!! Too bad I don't remember his name, but he's the only one who does massages.
All in all we were very happy with everything and definitely planning to go back.

Room Tip: Rooms in villa section are large and very quite and peaceful. If you don't mind loud music and p...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
10 Thank greatgoddess
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Just back from 10 days stay at Brisas Guardalavaca with my wife.
We did not like the room we got at the main building and they moved us to the Villas what was a sweet move with no extra charge.
The beach corridor from the resort to Club Amigo, La Bicaria and the market is a must. The catamaran tour is quite good and free. There’re a few very nice snorkeling spots. I recommend the use of rubber shoes if you are willing to swim away from the shore once there’s lots of sea urchin.
This time of the year no mosquitoes, some rain, and great warm temperatures for Canadian standards :-) .
Nice food at the buffet. We always had tropical fruits and vegetables. Fish is very good and fresh. Ox tail and rabbit are great picks if you like that kind of stuff. Not a burger or hot dog eater, but those were also pleasant. We were happy with all the restaurants we've been. Hard to tell, but we probably liked better the Cuban and the International restaurants. Lobster and shrimp are sooo fresh.
Service is very good in general, including the reception, restaurants and bars. The only place I did not like the service was at the hotel store. Anyway, they get reasonable prices in beverage, clothing, drops, cigars, hygiene stuff and more.
Suggestions:
- Meet Cubans out of the resort. The ones at the resort have a higher living standard compared to the ones outside. Exception:Co-Op students. Those have to leave at the end of their contract. Any help you can give to people out of the resort makes a big difference: Clothing, sport equipment like soccer balls, jerseys, baseball gloves and bats, hygiene products, shoes
- Visit Holguin - Loma de la Cruz, Restaurant Polinesio (need reservation) are great spots
- Visit Gibara – The Ocean Museum and "yellow" restaurant in the pic are great
- Visit Chorro de Maita and the Aldeia Taina to get a flavor of the past
Rent a car in advance. It is 15% cheaper. Don’t expect great service from the rent a car staff.
And enjoy… Cuba is safe… Do something different in order to bring to your life fresh air (…and memories)…

Room Tip: I prefer the villa rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
14 Thank Jumbalaia_Abitilini
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guardalavaca
Blau Costa Verde Plus Beach Resort
Hotel Playa Costa Verde
Hotel Playa Costa Verde
#2 of 4 in Rafael Freyre
Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa

Been to Brisas Guardalavaca Hotel? Share your experiences!