“Back again, twice in one week”
Review of Dona Barbara

Dona Barbara
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Banes
Cuisines: Cuban, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Once again we had a superior meal. Went on 6 March with 4 other freinds and family and yhey all said that it was the highlight of their trip. Barbara went out of her way and prepared a small birthday cake as I had requested by email reservation from home. Had recommended this place to others from our resort who went and really loved it. Came back for a departure meal on 9 March with 2 others we met at resort and all really loved it. Our waitress, Judy, is simply the best and freindly person you ever want to meet. Look forward to coming back in November.

1  Thank Frank R

Reviewed January 27, 2013

As a couple we were the only ones here besides the parrot. We started off with a cold bottle of Cristal. Then we had a very large salad consisting of sliced tomatoes, lettuce, cabbage, cucumbers, and shredded squash with oil and vinegar.
We both had the grilled shrimp which were not really grilled but simmered in a creole sauce I believe. The taste was OK but way overcooked as I prefer my shrimp plump and tender. The portion was large though. There was a choice of sides and we had rice and beans and sweet potatoe chips which were both tasty. I would go again but order something different or ask them not to cook the shrimp so much.

It's a four minute ride from Brisas Guardalavaca and we paid $10CUC return by taxi and he waited for us.

Brew

2  Thank brew24
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Went with 6 others last Friday for dinner. All of us where blown away by the entire meal and setting. They even customized some of our meals (breaded shrimp vs. other forms). The prices of the meals average 10 CUC and the amount served, lets just say, don't eat anything else that day if you plan on finishing your meal. The place looks deceiving at first from the front, but the small restaurant is in the back, elegant, & clean. Located only minutes from Guardalavaca. We will most definetly return to this place when in the area again.

1  Thank Frank R
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This Local Paladare - a private restaurant in Guardalavaca is a MUST DO, do not miss a trip off the resort to eat at this fantastic restaurant. A cab ride costs $10 CUC, return trip, and we left from Club Amigo Atlántico, which was a 5 minute ride.

I wanted to go somewhere different and off the resort to eat at a unique place for my 40th Birthday and boy I am so glad that we went. There were 4 of us (supposed to be 12), long story.

When we arrived Barbara was waiting for us out front to greet and escort us through her home into a full patio restaurant in her backyard. The feel and atmosphere of this place was incredible. The place was beautifully decorated from the red and white table clothes, to the old Harley Davidson Motorcycle, to the talking parrot, the fully stocked bar, and the cleanest washroom I ever seen in Cuba….all I can say is WOW!!!

The food was absolutely fabulous and by far the BEST MEAL I had all week in Cuba. My boyfriend and I both had a seafood appetizer, a main course called 3 by the Sea (Lobster, Marlin and Shrimp with grilled plantain) 3 beers and a glass of wine. My friend and her hubby had an appetizer each, there main course was chicken dish (not sure exactly) with a beer each. Our total bill came to $88.00. I order steak and lobster at the Keg and that’s 45 a plate each. While I was eating, I could not STOP saying how awesome it tasted, it was mouth-watering and I cleaned that whole plate!!!

I definitely would recommend this place to anyone. Do not miss out on the opportunity to eat here if you are staying in the Guardalavaca area. You WILL NOT be disappointed. I cannot wait to go back.

3  Thank choaticsdynamite
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Dona Barbara Restaurant...this restaurant is located about 3 kilometers from Guardalavaca...........IT IS A MUST DO!!!!!!!........the atmosphere is fantastic......the food is "OVER THE TOP".......great portions and excellent service. Call Aubertos Taxi....he will take you there in a 1957 Buick Roadster...........get the experience.....YOU DESERVE IT!.....;;;;;;you need more info.....email me at mcrobins@rogers.com I have been visiting this area since 1995.