Just returned from the Playa Costa Verde hotel highly recommended by an acquaintance. Did n’t quite live up to his glowing reference. Eaten alive by the local insects-sand flies, mosquitos not sure which. Unfortunately the beach area was the worst for the insects so only braved the sea, which was lovely, twice. Should have realised given the heat and fumigating on our first night. Flies proliferated in the dining area as did birds so left any food in the open well alone.
Food was virtually the same every day though I did enjoy the shrimp/chicken wraps.
Catering highlight of the week was the hog roast. Japanese night was great and so would the Cuban night have been if it was n’t for the multiple power cuts, which the beetles took advantage of on my plate. Found the 24 hour food and alcohol availability useful.
Room was fine with air conditioning and the maid turning up every day though she wasn’t that thorough –there was toothpaste top in the sink when we arrived and it was still there when we left.
Staff were very friendly and hardworking and we made some good friends. Couldn’t find the Thomson rep when we needed guidance when one of our party had the Rangoon Runs with no sign of the finishing line-Thomas Cook rep pointed us in the right direction-well done that man! Medical treatment was excellent by the way.
Didn’t go on one trip as we enjoyed the heated pool too much and didn’t fancy walking through a town in that heat.
The second week, quite a few uncouth Cuban tourists turned up-they have no concept of queuing amongst other things.
Wouldn’t go back because of the problems in the dining area and the proximity to the nature reserve (swamp in English).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accommodation, buffet meals, 3 a la carte restaurants and El bohío resturant with charge, 7 bars, 24-hour snacks and lobby, unlimited drinks, Mini Club, pools, Jacuzzis, day/night entertainment, water/land sports with equipment and instruction, gym, air-conditioned rooms with bathroom, hair drier, telephone, safe, satellite TV, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee maker, mini fridge with welcome drinks, terrace or balcony. All Inclusive! Plus ($): internet, tours, hairdresser, massage, car rental and shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Playa Costa Veste Plus AI reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Costa Verde Cuba
- Hotel Playa Costa Verde
- Playa Costa Verde Rafael Freyre
- Playa Costa Verde Holguin
- Costa Playa Verde
- Hotel Playa Costa Veste Plus AI Holguin Province, Cuba