For my first time in the Caribbean, I thought this was a superb holiday and was everything I imagined. The hotel lobby was very grand and early evening was accompanied by a pianist entertaining us on the grand piano. All the staff were very welcoming and could speak English and nothing seemed too much trouble for them, especially Jesus who is located at the swim up bar, he was a real character and entertained us throughout our stay, he seemed to be able to remember everyone's drink after the first time of asking and tended to play little practical jokes on us (all good natured). The animation team were engaging with the majority of the people - however they did seem to have their favourites! The food was very good with a lot of it being prepared freshly for you, look out for the pancakes in the morning delicious. The Cuban restaurant was lovely and the service was of a high standard. Although I think my favourite restaurant of them all was the Japanese it was a brilliant interactive evening and the food was very good and tasty mmm.....
On the downside, I think the bathrooms could have been refurbished and maybe the whole room could do with a lick of paint. Take plenty of mosquito repellent as they are abundant here even though they 'fog' in the early evening, definitely a plug in for your room is essential. We tried out the night club on several occasions and were extremely pleased to find that it was air conditioned.
However the negativity aside this was a lovely place to stay with champagne on tap and jacuzzi's dotted around the complex it was a perfect place for me to take my daughter for her 21st birthday, it had everything she wanted including a good supply of sun loungers (watch out for the normal 7 o clockers saving their beds for later in the day - although there was never a problem getting one).
Would advise everyone to do the dine with the dolphin trip as not only was the experience of swimming with dolphins brilliant but after dinner we were entertained by Afro - Cuban dancers who were brilliant, to say the least.
Would defintitely recommend this hotel and would consider it again if I ever decide to go back to Cooba (as the locals say Cuba)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accommodation, buffet meals, 3 a la carte restaurants and El bohío resturant with charge, 7 bars, 24-hour snacks and lobby, unlimited drinks, Mini Club, pools, Jacuzzis, day/night entertainment, water/land sports with equipment and instruction, gym, air-conditioned rooms with bathroom, hair drier, telephone, safe, satellite TV, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee maker, mini fridge with welcome drinks, terrace or balcony. All Inclusive! Plus ($): internet, tours, hairdresser, massage, car rental and shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Gaviota Hotels so you can book your Hotel Playa Costa Verde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Costa Verde Cuba
- Playa Costa Verde Rafael Freyre
- Playa Costa Verde Holguin
- Costa Playa Verde
- Hotel Playa Costa Verde Holguin Province, Cuba