“Great Food, Great Price”
Review of Let's Eat

Let's Eat
Ranked #52 of 144 Restaurants in Neutral Bay
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Food, Great Price”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Have been going to Lets Eat at Marrickville for many years, thought we would try the one at Neutral bay.

Food was just as good, Service was just as good.

Choo Chee Chicken was excellent, as was the Choo Chee Beef, the rest of the dishes were excellent as well.

We will come back again, however we will still favour Marrickville

• Visited April 2013

Wiltshire, United Kingdom
“Real Thai food with lovely Thai staff”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We love this Thai restaurant and I think that the reviewer from Wamberal? clearly had communication problems - it is, after all, staffed by very sweet Thai wait staff who do not have English as their first language. The authenticity is that this place operates like Thailand - ie 6 impossible conversations before breakfast - BUT that's what makes it authentic and charming.

The food is not dumbed down and Mosmanised for those who don't like Spice and is one of the few places we have been able to find our favourite Morning Glory on the menu. We love spice and the staff will bring extra chopped fresh Chilli in vinegar when requested.

The soft shell crab dishes are fabulous and and the basil and pork skewers for appetisers are a must! The menu offers many choices not normally found on the menus of other Thai mix and match stir fry restaurants.

The dishes are very generous and we have learned over our many, many visits to under order rather than getting an extra dish as the service is always so fast that if you do want more it is easy to add to your order.

Prices here are very reasonable and it is our "go to " BYO wine restaurant just up the road.
We have enjoyed dinners for two as well as large family celebrations here and the staff are very sweet and helpful when it comes to lighting candles and bringing out a birthday cake (also no charge for that!)
Our grown children also love Lets Eat as do many of our local friends who we often meet up with here.
Overall for quality of food, value and authenticity this is a restaurant to try !

“Very good Thai”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Simple - nice food good service nice restaurant . Been going here for 2 years best In area. Penang is very good as is sweet sour chicken

2,993 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,886 helpful votes
“ATTITUDE with a capital A”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is an example of where there is more to the enjoyment of a restaurant than the food itself.
Service, responsiveness to a customer's needs and timing of the food are critical.
The food itself is good; authentic Thai food with genuine spice that is what makes real Thai food enticing.
But there are a few basic other needs as well.
With Lynn's allergies that are health threatening, it is critical that she avoid food with wheat and dairy.
I went through the menu at the start trying to ascertain what we could have and what should be avoided - it should not have been a problem - if it had wheat, we would find an alternative.
I asked about the smoked duck dish and the server replied "the tamarind sauce dish has already been made and we won't remake it. my reply was I understand that but I just need to find a dish that does not have wheat - what would you suggest.
He kept insisting that the sauce has already been made and they won't remake it.
So we went around in circles a few times but the attitude was palpable.
It was harder than it should have been as I don't believe the majority of the dishes actually had wheat.
I then asked them to pace the meal with individual courses as we like a leisurely meal to enjoy each course . But we had barely got through half of the pork belly dish than the smoked duck dish arrived.
The dishes are actually huge and the food is good value but with the volume of food so quickly, I was struggling.
These courses actually had good spice character and were the real thing but I wasn't enjoying them as I should.
Then guess what, as we struggled with the duck curry, a huge plate of soft-shell crab arrived.
I explained again that we didn't expect to finish our meal in 20 minutes and would have preferred a leisurely and paced meal.
We had been to The Bridge Room a couple of nights ago and they got it immediately - they saw that we were sharing each course and gave us split plates and paced it so we could enjoy each course.
At Let's Eat, it was like a sprint race to see how fast we could eat yet there were only a couple of tables taken -it was not like they needed to get us out to get new customers.
When we were ready for the soft-shell crab, we were stunned to see that it was cold.
The response with attitude was that it was a deep-fried dish and what did we expect - it had just sat there for 20 minutes while we ate the previous course.
It may be a cultural thing but I do not enjoy wolfing down 3 courses in 20 minutes - I am not after a Guinness record for fast eating - I want to enjoy each course.
Mr.Attitude's response was that if we don't like how they do it, we don't have to come back.
Unfortunately for Let's Eat, there is a huge number to choose from in the area and with Tapioca just up the road, there is no shortage of good Thai options where the service is far more responsive.

I

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank RonWamberal
“Penang delight”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is one of many Thai places in Neutral Bay. I've tried several and this place is consistently good. I love that you can stand at the window and watch the chefs at work, and kids love it too. The food is excellent, the service efficient and the staff friendly. Their Penang curry is wonderful, but having tried many of their dishes, I haven't found one I don't like. The style is modern. I do think they have too many tables for the space, so moving around is a problem. They also do takeaway.

• Visited September 2012