“Good food but definitely no frills”
Review of Relish Noodle Star

Relish Noodle Star
Ranked #42 of 142 Restaurants in Neutral Bay
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
2,862 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,845 helpful votes
“Good food but definitely no frills”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is good food at good value but is difficult to compare like for like with quality "restaurants". I enjoyed my noodle lunch but found little to differentiate it from the hundreds of noodle bars and cafes that proliferate everywhere.
Definitely no frill and this adds to its charm - a corner location at the start (or finish of Neutral Bay) it is small and humble in its decor but being cheap doesn't make it better than some of the local "quality" restaurants that have different aspirations.

• Visited May 2013

“Local favourite”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Dont be put off by the humble decor and neon lighting, once you've eaten here you'll start to appreciate it just adds to the 'no frills' charm. Every time you visit Noodle Star you'll be greated with a friendly smile and presented with a hot pot of Chinese tea to sip while you flick through the extensive menu (the tea is free, I might add). They know their audience, so there's a lot of 'Aussified' fare on offer, but it's the more authentic flavours we keep going back for! Love the steamed dumplings, with soy and chilli sauce and can't go past the hot & sour soup. My hubby can't resist the BBQ pork soft noodles. I don't think we've ever spent more than $30 for the two of us, and we always leave full and satisfied. Oh, and they don't charge corkage!!!

Visited April 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Cheap wonton noodle soup on the way home”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I am a big fan of Noodle Star. I visit a few times each week after work. I stop in on the bus and grab dinner which I nurse on my short walk home.

The area is scattered with loads of decent asian food but this one has to be one of the cheapest yet consistent and tasty restaurants around. For under $10 you can get yourself an excellent noodle soup with fresh chilli on the side. Worth popping into for takeaway or a BYO feast.

Don't be scared off by the plastic table cloths and neon lights this place does awesome tucker and offers free jasmine tea when you dine in.

• Visited December 2012
Sydney, Australia
“This is my fav cheap eat”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Awesome food, the people who run the place are very sweet and my friends and I have been eating there weekly for 10 yrs.

A true neighbourhood GEM.

• Visited December 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Always a winner for cheap and cheerful”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have been going to Relish Noodle Star for years and it is always a winner for a cheap and cheerful meal. The variety of choices is wonderful, the service is brilliant, the never ending chinese tea is divine and the place is always busy which is always a good sign!
We recently went with family and our baby, and we had a table where we could put the pram out of the way of other diners and the staff.
The staff are always happy and very friendly. I cannot recommend it enough for good quality Chinese food that is inexpensive.

• Visited September 2012