“A nice sanctuary on the doorstep of the city”

Neutral Bay Motor Lodge
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the lodge. It exceeded our expectations with it's convenient location, value for money and comfort. It was especially nice to have the personalized level of attention and friendliness that management exhibited. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant but the shared self catering facilities and nearby restaurant options make up for this
We would not hesitate in staying here again

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Mikeey23
There are newer reviews for Neutral Bay Motor Lodge

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I stayed here over NYE and was extremely comfortable and happy with this place. When you spend all day out and about it was great to come back to a place that had very helpful staff, clean amenities and a very helpful and central location. The ferry ride from the accom to circular quay was the highlight of my trip and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a value for money accom in a very expensive city.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Travelguroos
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights in one of the king rooms with a shared bathroom and had a fantastic stay. Very comfortablly kitted out with nice amenities.
I really liked the communal kitchen for eating meals and meeting other travelers. I haven't experienced that feeling since my backpacker days! Whilst I only ate one meal I liked having the option of bringing food back after a day of exploring. My room must have been recently renovated and the shared bathroom was very clean and also well appointed.

Having visited Sydney many times and stayed in all types of accomodation (from 5 star Circular Quay to dodgy Kings Cross backpacker hostels) I would say that this visit to the Neutral Bay Motor Lodge has provided the best value for my money and I have no hesitation in giving it a 5 star review. I will definitely stay there next time I'm heading that way.

Room Tip: Go for the king room, it's well appointed, spotlessly clean and recently renovated. Oh, and the...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I don't normally write reviews on Trip Advisor, but I just thought this place was great and worth telling people about! My partner and I stayed for 4 nights in one of the King sized rooms with a shared bathroom and had a fantastic stay at this cosy guesthouse.
The outsides are deceiving (it looked a little rundown), but our room was recently renovated and the shared bathroom was very clean.
We loved using the communal kitchen for breakfast before hopping on the ferry into Sydney Circular Quay for a busy day of sightseeing. What a great way to start the day!
The manager was very considerate and helpful, and made us feel at home as soon as we arrived, even with our late check in (!) they were really accommodating and friendly.
For the money, the Neutral Bay Motor Lodge was exactly what we were expecting and was very comfortable. We'd definitely stay there again and both my partner and I would say it's highly recommended! (If I were to want for one tiny thing, it was only a few more hooks to hang up my overflowing suitcase of clothes!).

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chantal T
Reviewed December 25, 2011

very nice place old but quaint good manager took care of us showed us all the touristical places room comfy new bathrooms

Room Tip: ask for large room
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2011

great location, near ferry which gets you to city center in 10 minutes.
Manager was very friendly and helpful, however he lost his job while we were there, so we are not sure how the new management is...

• Stayed: November 2011
Adir B, Owner at Neutral Bay Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2011

We can assure all travellers our management is now even better than before.
We have owned the lodge for over 25 years. We only change personnel to improve service.
Please come and try us out. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed November 25, 2011

We had a lovely stay at this quaint heritage style house. Modernised amenities like shared kitchen and new bathrooms made for a very comfortable experience. No restaurant but location was brilliant - a short walk to the ferry.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
#6 of 9 in North Sydney
Hotel Urban St Leonards
Hotel Urban St Leonards
#1 of 3 in St Leonards

Been to Neutral Bay Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!