Oakley Hall Hotel
$45
Travelodge
$61
$58
Premier Inn Basingstoke Town Centre Hotel(Basingstoke)(Great Value!)
$76
Audleys Wood Hotel(Basingstoke)
$114
$111
Travelocity
Holiday Inn Basingstoke(Basingstoke)(Great Value!)
$94
$78
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Basingstoke(Basingstoke)(Great Value!)
$83
1,268 results
All reviewscourtyard roomafternoon teabeautiful groundsbombay sapphire distillerythe main housebeautiful hotelhampshire countrysideunderfloor heatingglasshouse restaurantsandwicheslittle toucheseggs benedictstaff were attentivelambfantastic staywedding venueclay pigeon shooting
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We have now stayed twice at Oakley Hall and it is absolutely outstanding. The courtyard rooms are beautifully appointed, with gorgeous high ceilings and thoughtful extras such as information on the weather expected during your stay. The rooms are also spotlessly clean. The evening meals are divine - last time we went we had the tasting menu and each course was perfect, with the chef kindly catering to my dietary requirements and still providing delicious food. The breakfast is delicious with extensive options. I could not recommend this hotel more and cannot wait to return!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband and I won a twitter competition for Oakley Hall's NYE gala dinner (5 course dinner with champagne on arrival) and we were absolutely delighted. We have never attended anything like this on New Year’s Eve before so didn’t really know what to expect. However, we had no reason to be worried.
Right from the off we were treated like Kings and Queens !
Checking in to our beautiful cottage at the bottom of the garden was such a treat ! – what a beautiful house ! The house is furnished to high standard with 3 double bedrooms and two beautiful spacious bathrooms. it was so special.
We were greeted with champagne on arrival of the dinner – we felt very spoilt and looked after.
The setting for dinner looked beautiful as we quickly found our seats in the impressive marquee. Everything looked brilliant and all the staff were so very helpful, happy and obliging. The 5 course dinner was outstanding, served beautifully, cooked and prepared to perfection.

We had a wonderful start to the new year so we wanted to express our gratitude and congratulate all the brilliant, professional and hardworking team for making our time at Oakley Hall a very memorable one. So much so, we are already thinking of booking for NYE 2014 !

Having been to Afternoon tea here a couple of times too, i would highly recommend Oakley Hall for any occasion to make it that extra bit special :0)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Our MD took us all to Oakley Hall for our Christmas get-together. Oakley Hall do a morning Shoot plus lunch for a very reasonable rate, followed by lunch. As I am dairy-intolerant, I emailed the hotel prior to going and, after speaking to the chef, they came back to me with a list of what I could have. Everyone enjoyed themselves very much and said how good the food was. My lamb rump was excellent, as were the vegetables. I had the terrine as a starter which was nice, but could have done with some more seasoning and they did a raspberry Alpro pannacotta for dessert - slightly boring but at least I knew I would not suffer any repercussions from it. As they were so accommodating, and had soya milk on-site (I have been in 5* hotels who don't supply this), I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

A thoroughly enjoyable stay. Was only for a night in one of the courtyard rooms as part of a romantic break. Champagne, chocolates ( brought to the room ! ) , breakfast , afternoon tea and dinner all without fault. One of the best steaks I have had without question. Marvellous setting with wonderfully attentive staff. I can't recommend this establishment enough. If I HAD to find any fault all I could say was that the light in the bathroom was a little dim and the extractor fan a little weak.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2014

we had one night in this nice hotel as part of an overnight stay and taster menu Travelzoo deal. Hotel was very nice with welcoming staff. We had a room in the Courtyard - handy to be able to park the car outside. Room was very good - decent size, nicely furnished, good en-suite (though shower didn't get as hot as i prefer)
Meal was lovely - good that they also had a vegetarian menu.
A couple of walks round the grounds available - went on the longer one, which was lovely.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms recommended
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple