“The Original!!!!!”

Cuisines: Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We used to visit here on our Sunday drives when I was a kid..... 40+ years ago... the food is still as good as I remembered..... and I highly reccommend that you try a good old fashioned Strawberry Milk Shake...... simply amazing!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

A local landmark favourite, you haven't lived until you've had a Chicken Burger with a vanilla shake here. Great atmosphere and service, a trip to the past when Drive-In restaurants were all the rage, even in your Prius.
Eat in - take out, home made style burgers, shakes etc.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This place could be so much and more but its bland.

I've tried to like the place because its such a fixture with so much history. I also thought that since the new owner took it over things would improve in time. they just havent.

If you are looking for a place to park your antique car on a warm summer's night its the place to go. If you want food that rates better than a greasy spoon you would be wise to pass on this place.

1  Thank Doc D
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Here is a place that is resting on a reputation. The food is average and the service is nothing special. It's a landmark in the area because of it's history and tradition, which I get. But, it's just average and not this amazing place to get an amazing chicken burger from, that some people go on and on about. The prices are higher than they should be.

1  Thank Rick K
Reviewed November 22, 2012

After 24 years in Halifax, and after hearing people rave about the Chickenburger, I decided I should go and try it out. After all, I plan on leaving Halifax in a few years when I retire, so I thought I should visit this Bedford icon at least once before I leave.

I have to say that I have no idea what is all the fuss about this place. I ordered the chickenburger, figuring that it was what made the restaurant famous. It was awful. Plain, diced chicken breast on a cheap bun. Not even a good quality sesame seed bun, but the cheap store-brand bun you buy at the grocery store when you don't quite have enough money for the good buns.

What made this visit worse was that I took three of my kids with me, and not one of them enjoyed his meal. All four of us left saying that the Chickenburger is definitely not worth a second visit, and since then, not one of the kids has asked to go back.