“What's The Big Deal???”

Cuisines: Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Here is a place that is resting on a reputation. The food is average and the service is nothing special. It's a landmark in the area because of it's history and tradition, which I get. But, it's just average and not this amazing place to get an amazing chicken burger from, that some people go on and on about. The prices are higher than they should be.

1  Thank Rick K

Reviewed November 22, 2012

After 24 years in Halifax, and after hearing people rave about the Chickenburger, I decided I should go and try it out. After all, I plan on leaving Halifax in a few years when I retire, so I thought I should visit this Bedford icon at least once before I leave.

I have to say that I have no idea what is all the fuss about this place. I ordered the chickenburger, figuring that it was what made the restaurant famous. It was awful. Plain, diced chicken breast on a cheap bun. Not even a good quality sesame seed bun, but the cheap store-brand bun you buy at the grocery store when you don't quite have enough money for the good buns.

What made this visit worse was that I took three of my kids with me, and not one of them enjoyed his meal. All four of us left saying that the Chickenburger is definitely not worth a second visit, and since then, not one of the kids has asked to go back.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

every raves about the chicken burger (the food not the place) i must admit I prefer the regular burger over the chicken ! but anyway its a real old time burger joint and the parking lot has alwys got some great old cars and trucks on a summer evening to check out too so go along and check it out

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This place takes you back to the 50-60 era of Neon and old antiques. The restaurant has been around for 70 years and is quite a place to visit. The have a restaurant part and an Ice crew section as well. Food is excellent and I would recommend anyone passing threw to check it out

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been going to this place all of my life. I have lived near it always. I went with my parents as a child and now take my own children and grandchildren too. It is good basic diner style food. Burgers are made from scratch and cooked right in front of you. Chickenburgers are great and also made from scratch.
Comfort is the word I think of to describe it. There is an old time juke box, neon lights and nostalgic pictures from the old days at the Chick.
Have never been to the new ones, so cannot comment on those.