“One of the best restaurants ever”
Review of Il Mercato

Il Mercato
Ranked #2 of 70 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Il Mercato - a truly authentico Italiano trattoria. Experience the very best of Italian food, wine and service. Our handmade dishes are made with passione, using the finest, freshest ingredients from Italian and local producers. Everything - from the music, the scenes, the focaccia to the gelato, even the pottery and lighting - are tutto Italiano!
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We've been eating at Il Mercato since the original opened on Spring Garden Rd. many yrs. ago and expanded to Bedford. Excellent cuisine, great staff, wonderful decor, menu changes twice a yr., consistently great food, ideal location, very clean and enjoyable specials. It's our favourite restaurant!

There are newer reviews for Il Mercato

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We dined at Il Mercato on a recent trip to Bedford. Good menu selection and the roasted vegetable salad is always a good appetizer choice (portion size is large enough to split). Server very good but it took a rather long time to be served the main course. When food arrived it was hot and enjoyable.
A good choice of restaurant if you don't want to go to downtown Halifax.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I have been to this restaurant numerous times over the last serveral years, for me itis close to home, comfortable atmosphere, scumptious italian food. My favorite insalada is the Marinated Grilled Vegetables, organic greens,Goat cheese, with balsamic vinaigrette, every bite is so fresh and tasty. I like a simple pasta so the Spaghettini, E.V. olive oil, garlic, Italian parsley, chilies, with Parmigiano is for me. As a family we have tried most things on the menu and have always been happy with quality, price and service. Service is friendly and relaxed, we've never felt rushed here. Lots of time for conversation with vino! This is our go to restaurant in Bedford! For busy nights, reservations are recommended.

2  Thank Martha37_13
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I love going here for lunch with girlfriends. This time I went with my husband for a romantic evening. We had wonderful Italian food perfectly paired with excellent wine.

1  Thank NSTravel101
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Being so close to home, Il Mercato has become one of our "ol' reliable"s!
The service is ALWAYS friendly, helpful and patient, even on busy occasions like NYE. We were last there with my in-laws who both forgot their glasses and couldn't read the menu... The restaurant actually already had a couple of pairs purchased for that exact purpose!
Equally as importantly, the food is ALWAYS fantastic. Among my favourites are the risotto croquettes, the slow roasted lamb foccaccia, the linguine carbonara and the beef tenderloin. In 15+ visits, we have honestly never had a bad experience, we always leave very full and very happy :)

1  Thank fierykitty