“Always fantastic”

Ranked #1 of 72 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Il Mercato - a truly authentico Italiano trattoria. Experience the very best of Italian food, wine and service. Our handmade dishes are made with passione, using the finest, freshest ingredients from Italian and local producers. Everything - from the music, the scenes, the focaccia to the gelato, even the pottery and lighting - are tutto Italiano!
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We have been going to Il Mercato for years. Last Friday night when we were there I thought that I should write a review for this great restaurant. They were busy with a bit of a line up when we arrived. It didn't take long to get a table. I has the scallop appetizer, scallops with a parsnip puree and warm bacon coleslaw. It was fantastic, really delicious. I only had one glass of wine ( the 9oz McMannis Merlot) so good! I had the pancetta wrapped pork tenderloin for my main, it was out of this world! I have had this dish many times, it did not disappoint. The sauce is so good! I had enough left over to take some home. My husband had the tomato soup and the pizza, he loved them both. We didn't have dessert, but we know they are fantastic!
This restaurant has great servers and a really fun and relaxed atmosphere, but still feels special.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had dined at their down town location last year and thought this place would be a tad lower rated from it's location. We were wrong. The service was superb, food was exactly what we expected and prices were very reasonable. We were a last minute group of seven on a quiet, stormy, post Christmas evening but you could have sent a professional "Shopper/Diner" and they would have rated this place A#1.
Our waiter was 2 years in Canada from the Adriatic coast of Italy and he was so attentive and restrained at the same time. He knew every ingredient and where they came from. Served iced sherbert/sorbet/sherbet, both sharp and sweet flavours, before and after, lots of delicious bread, appetisers, desserts and, of course, pastas/sauces.
Will we go there again? Yes.
Good Job, Bertossi group!

1  Thank SpunkyNB
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The great service and atmosphere. The food tastes fresh and interesting. Great wine selection. You really feel that Tuscany is at the doorstep. The dessert array is always deliciously inviting. The gelato is my favourite for the strong fruity flavours

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Convenient location and lots of choice. The service is good, even thought the place was packed. Although I have only been to this location a few times, it is one I would return to without hesitation. The lunchtime service is wonderful for those with a limited time.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

No reservations accepted, so go early! Food is fabulous, and location ideal. Would definitely visit again. No children's menu though!!!